THE BROWNS BOARD

Interesting quote from Rex Ryan

SCRAM JET

"I'm glad that this happened," Ryan said laughing. "But it's not what you think, I'm glad my brother got a big win on a nationally-televised game. They showed him every two seconds. I thought it was ironic that every time (the Browns) did something good they show my brother and every time they did something bad they showed Mangini. That was interesting to me. It's a huge win for them. Oh, by the way, it helps us. I'll take that also."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...l#ixzz0ZYQqB1J6

Very interesting and telling about how the media can subtly influence peoples opinion.

"I'm glad that this happened," Ryan said laughing. "But it's not what you think, I'm glad my brother got a big win on a nationally-televised game. They showed him every two seconds. I thought it was ironic that every time (the Browns) did something good they show my brother and every time they did something bad they showed Mangini. That was interesting to me. It's a huge win for them. Oh, by the way, it helps us. I'll take that also."

Very interesting and telling about how the media can subtly influence peoples opinion.

True. In the case of Cleveland, the influence is not so subtle.

It could be that ryan is the only semblance of life on the sideline when something good happens and they hope to catch him getting emotional and fiery...mangini often shows funny expressions when things go bad...i dont read into this much..the media is out to get mangini but the lerner nazi henchmen are out in full force to convince folks mangini is the right guy ,i fall in between them and will let time tell all and sort out the facts from the lies...;)

ANYONE WHO CAN'T TELL MANGINI'S HAND PRINT IS ALL OVER THIS DEFENSE HASN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION.

What's cool about Ryan regardless of the EM's handprint is that RR has the personality to REMIND the defensive players football is FUN and they seem to play hard for the guy. I don't care who says it or why they say it - just because it's professional football that doesn't mean you can show up and just be professional instead of inspired. Most teams/players that tell media they DON'T need to be motivated to play Pro Ball are usually experiencing disappointment and underachievement.

Remember when Adalius Thomas was going to be the perfect fit in NE? Not showing up for meetings on time when you're making marqee free agent cake means you're not a GOOD team player/leader that the organization is paying you to be. Sometimes just keeping your mouth shut, showing up on time and working your tail off can provide silent but effective leadership toward the younger guys. Running your yap to the media and questioning a formula that has won consistently in NE means you're the wrong money spent Adalius. Sometimes the biggest interference a NEW coaching staff collides with is a know-it-all FA who questions the agenda, schemes and plans of the coaching staff. I have to admit it kind of makes me wonder why we looked SO MUCH better attacking an offense without any superstars on Thursday Night. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic we have Shaun Rogers but it just looked like our front 7 bought into game plans so much better. It also looked like NOBODY took any plays off, or better put, brought it on every single play. As we've learned the hard way, the second 1 guy takes 1 play off can end up being the difference between winning and losign in a game of inches and big plays.

- Tom F. (If BB didn't win 3 Superbowls, the media would be just as negative about his style as they are with Mangini. Anyone remember his first 3 years in Cleveland? You ever see a BB interview today? He's hating every second of it and his voice/demeanor couldn't make it any more obvious)

ANYONE WHO CAN'T TELL MANGINI'S HAND PRINT IS ALL OVER THIS DEFENSE HASN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION.

I was reading this article today on this new button they installed on keyboards...ya know? To the left of the 'A'? Under 'tab' and right above 'shift'? I believe they call it capslock

I was reading this article today on this new button they installed on keyboards...ya know? To the left of the 'A'? Under 'tab' and right above 'shift'? I believe they call it capslock

It actually Caps Lock..Typing in capitals is a form of yelling in computer speak, sort of like lol.fyi,lmao,wtf..etc..etc

hey it was .SORT OF FUNNY

The Browns have likely played themselves back on to Monday Night Football next year, maybe twice. We have both the Jets and New England at home next year, and ESPN won't want to miss not only Mangini vs his old team the Jets, but brother vs brother with the Ryan boys matching up. Then there is the lovefest between BB and Mangini that either NFL Network or MNF will prob pickup. The home schedule next year looks awesome, the Traiders are the only weak team coming in next year.

The Browns have likely played themselves back on to Monday Night Football next year, maybe twice. We have both the Jets and New England at home next year, and ESPN won't want to miss not only Mangini vs his old team the Jets, but brother vs brother with the Ryan boys matching up. Then there is the lovefest between BB and Mangini that either NFL Network or MNF will prob pickup. The home schedule next year looks awesome, the Traiders are the only weak team coming in next year.

Wait, next year's schedule is out already?

Wait, next year's schedule is out already?

Home

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC West*

Away

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC South*

*Opponent based on team in that division which finishes in the same place as the Browns.

It could be that ryan is the only semblance of life on the sideline when something good happens and they hope to catch him getting emotional and fiery...mangini often shows funny expressions when things go bad...i dont read into this much..the media is out to get mangini but the lerner nazi henchmen are out in full force to convince folks mangini is the right guy ,i fall in between them and will let time tell all and sort out the facts from the lies...;)

Or maybe Rex used the term "ironic" because coordinators get too much credit when things go right and head coaches get too much blame when things go wrong. But hey, we all choose to believe what we want to believe so....

Home

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC West*

Away

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC South*

*Opponent based on team in that division which finishes in the same place as the Browns.

That's brutal.

Archived