THE BROWNS BOARD

Rogers to DE for Rubin at NT?

trodgers

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....bout_the_7.html

Fourth point in that article. Two games is a very small sample size, but the Browns have held two good rushing teams to an average of 85 yards per game. Rubin at NT and Rogers outside could be a great new look for the Browns. Thoughts?

I thought there were several interesting points made by Pluto this morning, and this one was the most interesting. I've always wondered why our run defense is so bad with a probowl NT like Rogers right in the middle of the action.

I'm wondering: What would the downside be of having Rogers at end? Without testing it, probably hard to tell.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....bout_the_7.html

Fourth point in that article. Two games is a very small sample size, but the Browns have held two good rushing teams to an average of 85 yards per game. Rubin at NT and Rogers outside could be a great new look for the Browns. Thoughts?

Interesting article all around. Somewhat more objective than most of what we've heard from media.

And this is why when I go to PD website, I'll read Pluto before anyone else, if at all.

Terry is always writing about the things he sees. No spin. Just observations followed by what good or bad could come from it.

He also does a good job of discussing what needs to happen for the teams to get better. The rest of the writers just bitch and complain without offering any sort of solution.

For example, I like the idea of Rogers moving outside if it would give more time to Rubin at NT. Rubin's been a very solid player. He was last year, too. Moving Rogers to DE gives him more room to rush the passer rather than being caught in the middle. Another example: Media goes negative ape-shit about the extra practice sessions. Pluto, instead, points out the fact that these periods have led to contributions from guys you would never have heard from otherwise. Good, responsible journalism.

Terry, if you're reading this, we appreciate it and whatever you're being paid it's not enough.

Archived