THE BROWNS BOARD

Julies gay Super Bowl Debate

jully

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a link to NFL.com which highlights the 10 consecutive Championshipgames appeared in and 7 won by the Browns and Otto Graham. Are you going to call them to tell them to delete this information because it never "really happened"? They are waiting to hear from you:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ght-Title-Games

browns fans keep howling about the steelers super bowl trophies. hey, if you can win one you become part of the elite.. until then, please go rebuild your team or whatever you do each year.. your losing results are astounding..

it is called "put up or shut up." Let's go browns - win a super bowl. prove you belong with the elite teams. Modell did it why can't you douches? LOL

I don't know a single Browns fan that "howls" about the Steeler Super Bowls.

(or perhaps you are talking about the guys that say they "cheated" to get them...OK, that is stupid and not worthy of discussion). And trust me, yes, we would like the Browns to get one...or more.

As for losing being astounding, note the following:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

I guess we know whose "losing" is astounding....at least according to the NfL.

Gip, he's just trolling (successfully). Ignore him. He doesn't care about whatever facts you want to bring up. He hasn't been here since and when he gets back, he will see what you wrote, know that he got under your skin, then perhaps leave a dickhead comment that gets your motor running. Let this die.

no, I am a steeler's fan from way back and back them every year. Are you proud you beat the defending Super Bowl champs without ever having become a defending super bowl champ?

how many years do you need to become defending super bowl champs? 100? 200? 300?

Your the one who took time out of there day to SEARCH, SIGN UP, AND POST ON A BROWNS MESSEGE BOARD to try and make that little ego you have feel better. That makes you pathetic just like that football team you call the pissburgh squeelers who lost to 4 of the worst teams in the NFL and still cried about it. I hate it when they offer dsl to trailer parks because people like you who are scared to say anything in REAL LIFE come on here and act hard ONLY because we cannot do anything about it.

Defending Super Bowl Champions.

Those four words are not in any person's vernacular describing the Clevelend Browns.

This is not an insult just a fact I wanted to present for the Christmas holidays.

Cheers!

Headline in the Pittsburgh Gazette

Our beloved Steelers fall to 6 and 7 out of playoff hunt

Upstart Browns sack Big Ben 8 times

it is 43 super bowls. steelers have won 6, dallas and SF each have won 5.

this year's super bowl is called super bowl 44.

I mean facts are facts and I realize the browns have never been to the big game but please stop lying. 43 super bowls have passed PERIOD.

I agree that we should ignore the trolls and not give them the attention that they are starving for. My suggestion is for Browns fans to go to "my controls" at the top of their screen and then go to the block user feature and just block these brainless idiot trolls.

With that being said, The Gipper is dropping undeniable facts and I can only imagine the lame responses that the stooler trolls are posting. Fortunately, I can't see what the shitsburgh losers are posting, my block user list is getting longer and longer as the days go by. Haha.

According to NFL QB Club 2002 for the Playstation 2, the Browns will win their first Super Bowl in 2026, their second in 2028, their third in 2031, their fourth in 2032, their fifth in 2037, their sixth in 2041, and their seventh in 2050. The Steelers, on the other hand, do not win a Super Bowl until 2068.

I just did the random playoff generator on the game for shits and giggles. I loved the findings, though. The sad part.....Green Bay wins 10 championships in 22 years, making a playoff appearance every year from 2038 to 2064, whereas the Kansas City Chiefs make the playoffs twice in 28 years.

And before anyone tries to discredit this information, you hold your tongue. NFL QB Club 2002 is the greatest game in all the land.

Those four words are not in any person's vernacular describing the Clevelend Browns.

This is not an insult just a fact I wanted to present for the Christmas holidays.

Cheers!

Neither can the Steelers, since they won't be defending anything this season.

I rest my case. Merry Christmas!!

you browns fans are goofy and misguided jealous losers..

Well, we just beat YOUR sorry ass, didn't we? LOSER. I just decided the history of the NFL started on December 10, 2009. We're undefeated against the Squealers in that time frame. Go away troll, I've heard this c**p dozens of times, just keep on believing the History of the NFL started in 1974. Keep on believing the Steelers weren't a pile of s**t franchise before Knoll took over. You could add up the total number of Browns AND Bengals lousy seasons combined, and they still wouldn't equal the Steelers futility record in that period. BTW, the Buccaneers weren't the first team to have an O-fer season- bet you didn't know your mighty Steelers managed that feat too. "Oh but that was SO long ago". Selective memory, pal. Unless you're willing to accept ALL your team's history, you don't have a leg to stand on here. Hit the respective message boards and tell a Lions fan their Championships don't count, or the Bears have only won one- and you'll get the same kind of abuse.

You want to talk history, OK, here's the Steelers most recent history. You've lost to the 4-9 Raiders, the 3-10 Chiefs, and the 2-11 Browns. A loss to Green Bay puts you in the record book for most consecutive losses by a SB champ. You're going to be watching the playoffs on TV, just like the Browns, care to try the next logical lame troll, yeah, we suck, but we don't suck as bad as you do?

The only reason I didn't delete this whole thread is Gip spent a fair amount of time and effort putting up some convincing evidence you have your head up your a** about the history of the NFL in general, and the Steelers in particular. .

Cheers!

Great post.

Really man, you need to take a longer look in the mirror.

steelerfan.jpg

bottom line :

nobody in the U.S. or any other part of the world can ever say that the Browns are Defending Super Bowl Champions. That is funny.

& we're just keeping you around because we think you're funny. You've had your couple of days of trolling, so go and enjoy your past glory, because that's exactly what it is- past.

THE DEFINITIVE CHAMPIONSHIP LIST

This is the definitive championship list. It was put together to for once and for all silence the whining about ancient championships against the Trojans and the Spartans and the Hitites, etc. It shows the state of the NFL and the value of winning the championship in the years that they occured. This value is calculated from the level of competing teams in the league as compared to the 32 team league today. It does not count AAC, or AFL Championships. Why? Because they are not the NFL. It does not count NFL "championships" from 1920-1932 because there was no game deciding the outcome, so they don't count. They are worth zero, and although the Giants, Packers and Bears fans may complain, no fans of the Akron Pros, Cleveland Bulldogs, Canton Bulldogs, Frankford Yellow Jackets, or Providence Steam Rollers are going to object. Why? Because obviously those teams like the championships from those years are utterly unimportant as they have no real value. So those just flat out don't count.

From 1933-1965 championships count at the fraction of competition they faced in their league that year compared to the current 32 team league level of competition. For example, there were 10 teams in the NFL in 1933, so that championship counts for 10/32 (0.313) of 1 championship. There were only 9 teams in'35 and '36 and only 8 teams in '43, so those would count for 0.281, 0.281 and 0.250 value respectively.

Calculation Examples

Steelers 0.813 + 0.813 + 0.875 + 0.875 + 1 + 1 = 5.376

Cowboys 0.813 + 0.875 + 0.875 + 0.875 + 0.938 = 4.376

Packers 0.281 + 0.313 + 0.313 + 0.438 + 0.438 + 0.438 + 0.750 + 0.781 + 0.938 = 4.69

The Definitive Comprehensive Championship Equivalents List:

1 Steelers - 5.376

2 Packers - 4.690

3 Cowboys - 4.376

4 49ers - 4.375

5 Giants - 3.782

6 Redskins - 3.251

7 Patriots - 2.969

8 Bears - 2.815

9 Raiders - 2.625

10 Colts - 2.563

11 Broncos - 1.876

12 Rams - 1.657

13 Dolphins - 1.626

14 Browns - 1.594

15 Lions - 1.406

16 Eagles - 1.032

17 Bucs - 1.000

18 Ravens - 0.969

19 Chiefs - 0.813 (tie)

19 Jets - 0.813 (tie)

21 Cards - 0.313

Tied at 22nd place: Bengals, Chargers, Jaguars, Texans, Bills, Titans, Saints, Vikings, Falcons, Seahawks, and Panthers.

There, you now have been given Wisdom.

THE DEFINITIVE CHAMPIONSHIP LIST

This is the definitive championship list. It was put together to for once and for all silence the whining about ancient championships against the Trojans and the Spartans and the Hitites, etc. It shows the state of the NFL and the value of winning the championship in the years that they occured. This value is calculated from the level of competing teams in the league as compared to the 32 team league today. It does not count AAC, or AFL Championships. Why? Because they are not the NFL. It does not count NFL "championships" from 1920-1932 because there was no game deciding the outcome, so they don't count. They are worth zero, and although the Giants, Packers and Bears fans may complain, no fans of the Akron Pros, Cleveland Bulldogs, Canton Bulldogs, Frankford Yellow Jackets, or Providence Steam Rollers are going to object. Why? Because obviously those teams like the championships from those years are utterly unimportant as they have no real value. So those just flat out don't count.

From 1933-1965 championships count at the fraction of competition they faced in their league that year compared to the current 32 team league level of competition. For example, there were 10 teams in the NFL in 1933, so that championship counts for 10/32 (0.313) of 1 championship. There were only 9 teams in'35 and '36 and only 8 teams in '43, so those would count for 0.281, 0.281 and 0.250 value respectively.

Calculation Examples

Steelers 0.813 + 0.813 + 0.875 + 0.875 + 1 + 1 = 5.376

Cowboys 0.813 + 0.875 + 0.875 + 0.875 + 0.938 = 4.376

Packers 0.281 + 0.313 + 0.313 + 0.438 + 0.438 + 0.438 + 0.750 + 0.781 + 0.938 = 4.69

The Definitive Comprehensive Championship Equivalents List:

1 Steelers - 5.376

2 Packers - 4.690

3 Cowboys - 4.376

4 49ers - 4.375

5 Giants - 3.782

6 Redskins - 3.251

7 Patriots - 2.969

8 Bears - 2.815

9 Raiders - 2.625

10 Colts - 2.563

11 Broncos - 1.876

12 Rams - 1.657

13 Dolphins - 1.626

14 Browns - 1.594

15 Lions - 1.406

16 Eagles - 1.032

17 Bucs - 1.000

18 Ravens - 0.969

19 Chiefs - 0.813 (tie)

19 Jets - 0.813 (tie)

21 Cards - 0.313

Tied at 22nd place: Bengals, Chargers, Jaguars, Texans, Bills, Titans, Saints, Vikings, Falcons, Seahawks, and Panthers.

There, you now have been given Wisdom.

You have just killed the validity of whatever stooge put this together by excluding the AFL, AAFC, and numerous years of the NFL. Ergo, it is THIS computation that has no real value. I assume it is BS you made up. It is of absolutely no worth to anyone, but your own ego. You cannot remove facts, you cannot change history.

What did I tell you about Benjamin Disraeli?

What a f**ing stupid idiot you are.

Pop Quiz: Back in the 1922 Championship, who threw for the most yardage?

A: Nobody because the forward pass wasn't even invented yet.

Here's another funny one for you - from 1922 until 1933 the "Championship" was awarded to the team with the most wins - there were no playoffs or Championship game. Even funnier is that the teams didn't all play the same number of games - some played 6 while others played 8 (do you think your odds of having the most wins would increase if you played 2 more games than other teams?).

The Packers won 6 Championships prior to 1945 - in no season was there more than 10 professional teams (getting to the championship post 1933 meant you had to beat the other 4 teams in your division which is really no different than winning the division in modern times, in fact before the most recent expansion when it was the North, South, and Central there were 5 teams in each division).

Winning a championship in the 20's, 30's, and 40's was about as difficult as winning a little league baseball tournament.

In 1964, The Buffalo Bills beat the San Diego Chargers for the AFL title. Also in 1964, The Cleveland Browns beat the Baltimore Colts for the NFL title. Both the Bills and the Browns are considered to have a league championship for 1964.

In todays NFL those two games would be considered the NFC and AFC championship games to see who would meet in the Super Bowl.

BUT THE BROWNS GLOB ONTO PURE B.S. and claim a championship.. what a joke!

Archived