THE BROWNS BOARD

New "Czar"?

BrownsBacker85

If he is hired would he be like Parcells and play a part in the draft or just be a mentor/adviser to the coaches and GM (when hired)? To be honest I'm not familiar with Holmgren's track record as a FO guy. Is it good, bad, hit and miss?

I'd welcome the hire because he knows how to win plain and simple. I just don't know enough to say he'd be the BEST fit as an overseer.

I'd welcome the hire because he knows how to win plain and simple. The only question I have is he a better coach than a FO guy?

He may be a better coach but he is not a long term coach due to his age and that could come to hit us again. That is a big reason i hope Mangini does well with us. With his age being lesser, if he makes a good fit - we can have a stable hand to help guide the ship.

He may be a better coach but he is not a long term coach due to his age and that could come to hit us again. That is a big reason i hope Mangini does well with us. With his age being lesser, if he makes a good fit - we can have a stable hand to help guide the ship.

I edited because I didn't want to come off as saying Holmgren should be our coach instead of Czar. I'm behind Mangini at the moment and think he is taking us in the right direction.

I just meant that is Holmgren gonna come in and maybe hurt us if he isn't as well versed at FO as he is at being on the sidelines.

I edited because I didn't want to come off as saying Holmgren should be our coach instead of Czar. I'm behind Mangini at the moment and think he is taking us in the right direction.

I just meant that is Holmgren gonna come in and maybe hurt us if he isn't as well versed at FO as he is at being on the sidelines.

I know that his trackrecord as Seahawks GM was not great and he was stripped of those duties. I do not know if it had something to do with his FO inefficiency or the fact that he was trying to juggle to many responsibilities.

I know that his trackrecord as Seahawks GM was not great and he was stripped of those duties. I do not know if it had something to do with his FO inefficiency or the fact that he was trying to juggle to many responsibilities.

Actually his track record as GM was quite good. He drafted very well for the offensive line (Hutchinson, Jones, et. al.), running back (Shawn Alexander) and brought in Matt Hasselbeck. His drafting for Defense was a little suspect.

He was relieved of his duties as GM because the ownership felt he was spread to thin as both GM and Coach. My guess is, they gave him the option of which role he wanted, and he wanted to coach still.

He built the team that went to the super bowl.

Living with Holmgren at the top, Mangini as HC & Charlie Weis as OC with Ryan & our ST Coach standing pat would be FINE with me!

Mike

Yes. Exactly what I envision.

Just don't take away the powers that have been given to Mangini. I still feel this should be "his" team. Guide him, don't control him.

Archived