THE BROWNS BOARD

Expansion Browns facts and figures

peterbell

Here is an interesting fact I've discovered doing meaningless surfing.

Since the expansion the following has occured in the past 11 years.

The Browns have won 2 in a row 8 times

The Browns Have won 3 in a row 4 times.

The Browns have won 4 in a row 0 times.

This is a problem when a revolving door of coaches happens.The Browns canot move forward

if we keep playing rent - - coach

Did you know The Browns have 1 turnover in the last 5 games..best in the NFL

We are currently 4th in the AFC in sacks and 9th in the NFL in sacks

I agree the coaches revolving door has to stop ,but if it stops on the wrong coach we get 4 more years of savage/crennel failsauce and then rinse and repeat again ,as fans we cant do anything about the regimes that the owner puts in place but the general thought is the owner ,Czar/GM and the coaches all have to be on the same page ,if the incoming Czar/GM is genuinely for keeping or not keeping mangini based on mangini's overall plan and progress then im all for his/their decision whichever way it goes ,and either way time will tell rather Mr. Lernsnots choices have done it to us again or rather we can finally move on...;)

Mangini hasnt proven anything to me except that he isnt GM material and that he has no right having any power other than that of a newbie head coach and obviously lerner feels that way as well ,while some can and will pitch mangini's case that he has done everything perfect in the tear down...i disagree ,there is certainly a ton of evidence dating all the way back to genies jet days and inevitably his firing there that point directly to his offensive system and reasoning as questionable at best and his painfully slow process has proven to be flawed ,non-creative and non flexible...its my opinion that he needs to win 2 of the last 3 games with one victory being fairly impressive to convince any serious potential czar/gm that he is moving things in the right direction and is the guy...the exception here would be ruskell whom mangini would own harder than koko...;)

I think ryan and mangini have fortified our defense and it will only get better once the right pieces are added ,the offense is however a mess under daboll and mangini's system ,new guys or not it just doesnt function or produce as it should ,and this is mangini's achilles heel..

Yep, it's basically been negative since we came back.

I've been more upbeat since the win over Pittsburgh though, & that's where things have to change.

My biggest peeve is simply the fact that we haven't been able to win our home games, and have been beat down in our division games. 2007 was special because we went 7-1 at home, and it's always a blast to walk out of the stadium after a win.

Are we going to turn the corner this offseason? They have a lot of holes to fill, but maybe it can be done.

Throw all the stats out, here is what matters:

We are undefeated over the past 6 (yes SIX, count'em) days.

We hold the current win streak over the Steelers.

We've won as many games in a row as I can remember.

We are on a Win streak.

The Steelers haven't beaten us in months.

Actually, I can't even remember the last time the Steelesr beat us.

The last game I was at, the Browns beat the Steelers and had a happy Sack Dance on Big Gay Ben's head.

We've rushed for a TD in as many games as I can recall.

Mangini holds a winning record over the Steelers ... he should start wearing a sweater vest.

Steelers have lost like five games in a row ... I can't ever recall being that bad.

We take our Win Streak to Kansas City on Sunday, then Charlie Frye brings the Raiders to town and then if the Faguars thought Bottle Gate was bad, wait until they step into this trap game. We may not lose again until next winter and even that ain't certain. Hell, we may never lose again ... ever.

We are on a Win streak.

The last game I was at, the Browns beat the Steelers and had a happy Sack Dance on Big Gay Ben's head.

Mangini holds a winning record over the Steelers ... he should start wearing a sweater vest.

Steelers have lost like five games in a row ... I can't ever recall being that bad.

We take our Win Streak to Kansas City on Sunday, then Charlie Frye brings the Raiders to town and then if the Faguars thought Bottle Gate was bad, wait until they step into this trap game. We may not lose again until next winter and even that ain't certain. Hell, we may never lose again ... ever.

I second all that, lol.

I had visions of a 51-0 Browns win in the opener next season.....ooh, wait, maybe it was a flashback :rolleyes:

Here is an interesting fact I've discovered doing meaningless surfing.

Since the expansion the following has occured in the past 11 years.

The Browns have won 2 in a row 8 times

The Browns Have won 3 in a row 4 times.

The Browns have won 4 in a row 0 times.

This is a problem when a revolving door of coaches happens.The Browns canot move forward

if we keep playing rent - - coach

Did you know The Browns have 1 turnover in the last 5 games..best in the NFL

We are currently 4th in the AFC in sacks and 9th in the NFL in sacks

Just need that Offense to Start producing... And contention will follow.

We are on a Win streak.

Hey bartender! I'll have what he's having.

All feel-good statements, Stan, and more reason to look forward to the last three games of the season. A lot of the guys on this roster will be replaced at season's end, we know this. But, and it's a big one, if this franchise goes on to be successful in the next few years, I for one won't forget where it all started. I mean the way these guys have scrapped and shown their commitment to each other the last several weeks should make us proud as Browns fans.

Which former coach in this era do you think we should have stayed with?

If Butch Davis had not been such an egomaniac and stuck to coaching instead of wanting to be Mr. Everything I think he could have done well. I just don't get it where he believed that simply because he was a somewhat successful DC in the NFL and a good college coach that he could run an NFL franchise from top to bottom. He couldn't.

Some blame for all that has to be laid at the step of Randy Lerner for letting Butch take over complete control.

(Though, if I recall, this all happened at the point where Al Lerner had passed away and Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark were getting out of town....so there was a "power vacuum" that Butch stepped in to fill...which he should not have)

Which former coach in this era do you think we should have stayed with?

Chris Palmer did a nice job his first year and was really hands-on, but then something happened behind the scenes and you started seeing Carmen Policy, Dwight Clark & Lerner standing around in the middle of the training camps and it seemed as if someone had bursted Palmers bubble and he just wasn't as vocal or 'hands-on'.

There is a reason why Palmer & Mangini have decent records verse the Steelers, and that is because they understood the magnitude of the rival.

I wish we would have never brought in Carmen Policy, I think he single handily steered this franchise off-course from Day #1. I welcome Mangini's tear-it-done mentality, it is exactly what we needed. Whether he is capable of rebuilding it right or not is the question ... and perhaps where the right 'czar' is going to be the real key.

I hope Art Modell & Carmen Policy hit head-on on the Autobahn.

We are on a Win streak.

FOOKIN' Hilarious!!!!

"the steelers haven't beaten us in months"

Did you know that it's difficult to have many turnovers when you constantly go three and out?

True Joe. I think that will fix in time. But you got to admit, that is a pretty good feat for a 2-11 team with some 3rd and 4th stringers playing. I mean come on. Show dick some respect, lol.

Archived