THE BROWNS BOARD

Holmgren drops possible hint of next head coach

JoeSixPat

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ing-the-browns/

Honestly I don't see that happening... there's just too much that a GM in this position would need to manage and I don't see Holmgren needing to put all of the responsibility for the rise or fall (if that's possible) of the Browns on his shoulders.

That being said, if I'm Eric Mangini I'm not taking this as an endorsement when Holmgren evokes the acknowledged master of rebuilding an organization and notes that a first year coach was fired before Parcells put the team back in playoff contention.

"It would be really unfair for me to talk too much about that,'' Holmgren said. "I like Eric Mangini. You better give everyone a chance. This is his first year in Cleveland....Bill Parcells did it in Miami (firing Cam Cameron) his first year...I'd be the first one to tell you that's not very fair. Sometimes the tough decisions aren't fair. I'd do everything in my power to make sure everyone gets a chance to prove themselves.''

I don't follow. Sounds like he is willing to give Mangini a chance.

Or that he believes Mangini already had a chance... and that a change is needed whether it's deemed fair or not... just like Parcells did to revitalize a team that many feel wasn't any better than this Browns team.

Actually it's a smart statement by Holmgren. He should open the door wide to see who is interested in coaching and determine if he can upgrade. Voicing support for Mangini would be a stupid move that might limit his options - even before he accepts the position.

His statement concerning mangini was smart and covered all the possibilities without indicting himself as hastily pre favoring any decision from the outside of the organization looking in..

I hope he decides to come to brownstown..but i still have my doubts he seems to be trying to bait seattle with a sort of ultimatum to see if they come a callin quickly or not...

His statement concerning mangini was smart and covered all the possibilities without indicting himself as hastily pre favoring any decision from the outside of the organization looking in..

I hope he decides to come to brownstown..but i still have my doubts he seems to be trying to bait seattle with a sort of ultimatum to see if they come a callin quickly or not...

I'll agree with you (gasp!). If he really is interested in this particular job it would be stupid to commit to any course of action before it's even yours. I agree that he's baiting Seattle (and he's already gotten Washington to blow their wad...) but I'm not sure how interested Seattle is.

joe got raped by a guy that looked like mangini, since then hes always hated him.

I think Joe wishes the browns had kept crennel for thirty years, he doesn't want the browns to be a competent team. Why would the steelers want the browns to have a good coach? They might want us to win once in a blue moon but they certainly don't want us to even the score from the last decade.

Amid everyone's attempt at (homophobic) smack talk, all you rocket scientists have missed the fact that Holmgren effectively expressed interest in the job of Head Coach... a job that is currently filled if I'm not mistaken.

But as Holmgren said "sometimes the tough decisions aren't fair."

Not excactly a vote of confidence is it? Eric might want to go month to month on that lease.

Hey - don't be too upset guys. Within a month after Mangini's gone and a new coach is in you'll all be mindlessly supporting every move he makes just like you do now with Mangini

Amid everyone's attempt at (homophobic) smack talk, all you rocket scientists have missed the fact that Holmgren effectively expressed interest in the job of Head Coach... a job that is currently filled if I'm not mistaken.

But as Holmgren said "sometimes the tough decisions aren't fair."

Not excactly a vote of confidence is it? Eric might want to go month to month on that lease.

Hey - don't be too upset guys. Within a month after Mangini's gone and a new coach is in you'll all be mindlessly supporting every move he makes just like you do now with Mangini

It's to the point now Joe you have no credibility here any more. You agenda has been quite clear from the day you joined and to say it has grown tedious is a gross understatement to say the least. Maybe your friends with Belichick and Mike Lombardi, I don't know. You're droning on and on about Mangini this and Mangini that and you're own speculation and opinion are repeated in the same fashion time after time, post after post, month after month. Are you so concerned for Browns fans and this franchise that you are trying to save us from ourselves? Thanks, but no thanks Joe. You seem like a fairly intelligent person but you're obsession with all things Mangini is quite odd.don't you think?

Well anyway, you're New England Patriots are in their own struggle with themselves,you're time and energy and opinions would be better served on the various Pat's boards...really

Last year it was Romeo's fault. Now we're 2-11, one of the worst teams in the NFL. With the new addition of Mangini, we have actually went backwards in overall production. I'm not sure why some of you want to keep this guy around.

Sure he beat a god awful Steelers team. Whooooptie freakin' doooo. The only thing Mangini has done correctly this season is put Quinn back at the helm.

Lets transition our next move to Holmgren. A man who has had success in the past, and who's name stands above the rest. This organization needs to make this move

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ing-the-browns/

Honestly I don't see that happening... there's just too much that a GM in this position would need to manage and I don't see Holmgren needing to put all of the responsibility for the rise or fall (if that's possible) of the Browns on his shoulders.

That being said, if I'm Eric Mangini I'm not taking this as an endorsement when Holmgren evokes the acknowledged master of rebuilding an organization and notes that a first year coach was fired before Parcells put the team back in playoff contention.

"It would be really unfair for me to talk too much about that,'' Holmgren said. "I like Eric Mangini. You better give everyone a chance. This is his first year in Cleveland....Bill Parcells did it in Miami (firing Cam Cameron) his first year...I'd be the first one to tell you that's not very fair. Sometimes the tough decisions aren't fair. I'd do everything in my power to make sure everyone gets a chance to prove themselves.''

Regardless of your obvious obsession with Mangini, he will remain coach next year.

The only thing Mangini has done correctly this season is put Quinn back at the helm.

He did screw up the QB's but when you have no ties to either QB and neither one throw with any accuracy with any type of consistency I can see why his stupid competition went on so long. But out of the 25+ players he turned how many are starting for other teams, like 5 maybe. I think getting us some picks and lots of cap room are good moves for next year. He did install discipline and accountability. It's hard to cut a 4-12 team and make them winners in a year, just ask the coaches of Detroit, St Louis, KC, Oakland.

I can say this team is bad as they are do look more organized and have sense of purpose, and play hard. I think the GM should give Mangini another season. We need major help drafting and an OC.

Touche' my good man. Nice insult. The worst poster on the worst website of the worst team. It truly doesn't get any lower than that. :lol:

Dude, you joined almost to the day Mangini ws hired in Cleveland?..Damn thats just weird s**t..

Either he fired you when he got the job, or you're on some taxi driver s**t..either way its creepy

Archived