THE BROWNS BOARD

The Life After Jamal Prophecies Come to Fruition!!!

Flugel

What I tried to tell so many people that thought Jamal still ran with fury and power is that he isn't at all the same guy that could transition an ounce of daylight into those 60 yard TD sprints we witnessed in 03. It's 2009 and 2 ankle recons later where Jamal pitter-pattered all the way to the line of scrimmage making the oline look far worse than they were. In the NFL, daylight doesn't wait for tired legs or the worn and torn. It closes when you can't hit the hole. Harrison showed us everything we were missing when we overplayed the crap out of Lewis. One more Savage commitment in the rear view mirror.

You know what is nice about that? The chess game just got another attack pawn greater than a pawn. And it sure feels like we're on the way to steady improvement. We've competed the last 3-4 weeks now and I'm havign a blast watching.

I like Harrison AND Jennings. Plus, we have Davis coming back. Aside from that, I'm told we have tons of cake to spend in free agency and we have double digit draft picks slated for April. Is this a foundation I see?

- Tom F.

Everytime I bitched about how bad jamal was so many of his supporters ran to his defense. For the last 2 years jamal lewis has been absolutely terrible. Thank god he's gone

I was right there with you at every opportunity! Today marked the specific REASON we were bitching about Jamal. See what breakaway speed can do to a close ballgame? Comes in handy when your QB is struggling.

- Tom F.

Things have improved a lot in the running game without tippy-toes running into tulips and getting owned by them...;)

lol, i hate to say it (because i have alot of respect for j-lew's past accomplishments), but the best thing that happened to the running games was j-lew going to the ir. the dude just doesn't have it any more.

What I tried to tell so many people that thought Jamal still ran with fury and power is that he isn't at all the same guy that could transition an ounce of daylight into those 60 yard TD sprints we witnessed in 03. It's 2009 and 2 ankle recons later where Jamal pitter-pattered all the way to the line of scrimmage making the oline look far worse than they were. In the NFL, daylight doesn't wait for tired legs or the worn and torn. It closes when you can't hit the hole. Harrison showed us everything we were missing when we overplayed the crap out of Lewis. One more Savage commitment in the rear view mirror.

You know what is nice about that? The chess game just got another attack pawn greater than a pawn. And it sure feels like we're on the way to steady improvement. We've competed the last 3-4 weeks now and I'm havign a blast watching.

I like Harrison AND Jennings. Plus, we have Davis coming back. Aside from that, I'm told we have tons of cake to spend in free agency and we have double digit draft picks slated for April. Is this a foundation I see?

- Tom F.

Tom anyone that was objective saw Lewis had lost his burst last year. Could collect on another bet (Lewis getting 1,000 yards this year) but I'll pass.

What irks me is how long has Harrison been riding pine? Yeah, he can't pass block, but Ozzie Newsome couldn't run block either. Maybe after 286 the coaching staff will get the point.

Tom anyone that was objective saw Lewis had lost his burst last year. Could collect on another bet (Lewis getting 1,000 yards this year) but I'll pass.

What irks me is how long has Harrison been riding pine? Yeah, he can't pass block, but Ozzie Newsome couldn't run block either. Maybe after 286 the coaching staff will get the point.

Good point. Then again, there's always the question of when this guy was deemed too worn and torn for upside in Baltimore - WHY on earth would Savage commit the salary and the YEARS of cap space to Lewis here? We don't know what takes place in a front office but I've got a feeling massive raises to Derek Anderson and Jamal sort of ANY Head Coach held hostage to the potential question from owner "why am I paying massive cake to THIS guy when you're playing THAT guy?"

Jamal represented the same hindrance to progress at the RB position that DA had for the QB position. Unfortunately for us, we're just starting to realize the QB Savage drafted in round 1 might not be keeper material much much much too late after KNOWING DA wasn't. I won't blame THIS staff for the ball and chain effect Savage left us with.

What we're doing right now Larry is finding the KEEPERS and getting excited about it. If you've played fantasy football, one thing you learn really quickly is you need more than just 1 good RB. It seems like any QB is throwing for 300 yards with all the rules changes. Even the overrated clumsy QB in Pittsburgh threw for 500 yards so I'm a little worried that our's can hit our WRs inspite of huge cushions provided. At least I'm seeing a rastionale for reluctance to trust Quinn's accuracy. The guy that sees him every day knows what to base our game plans on. I also trust any decision that says don't commit to Quinn long term.

- Tom F.

Until Harrison can put together consistient games week-in and week-out, let's not annoint him our man just yet. I think the trio of Jennings, Davis and Harrison is interesting, but it seems like Harrison may have a hard time staying healthy each Sunday.

We were well rested yesterday, having ten days off. Harrison was fresh off not being used much. I bet the guy is sore as hell today, it will be interesting how he rebounds against the Raiders.

Until Harrison can put together consistient games week-in and week-out, let's not annoint him our man just yet. I think the trio of Jennings, Davis and Harrison is interesting, but it seems like Harrison may have a hard time staying healthy each Sunday.

We were well rested yesterday, having ten days off. Harrison was fresh off not being used much. I bet the guy is sore as hell today, it will be interesting how he rebounds against the Raiders.

Agreed- but IIRC guys like Warrick Dunn and Dave Megett were certainly no bigger than Harrison. Hey, the season's shot- let's see what JH can do as the featured back. :)

I dont think JH can be a premiered back, Im sure he will have his moments like this but he cannot be the rock that carries the load, nor can Chris Jennings, who in the KC game looked average. CJ, i feel is a good replacement for J Lewis and contributes a few yards more but he too cannot be the goto guy unless we see some drastic improvements in him.

The reason Jerome Harrison was not getting more carries was because of the fact that he would do his best impersonation of a bull fighter when he was supposed to block....that is a pretty big problem in the system we have. Now that he is blocking he is getting more playing time.

Good point. Then again, there's always the question of when this guy was deemed too worn and torn for upside in Baltimore - WHY on earth would Savage commit the salary and the YEARS of cap space to Lewis here? We don't know what takes place in a front office but I've got a feeling massive raises to Derek Anderson and Jamal sort of ANY Head Coach held hostage to the potential question from owner "why am I paying massive cake to THIS guy when you're playing THAT guy?"

Jamal represented the same hindrance to progress at the RB position that DA had for the QB position. Unfortunately for us, we're just starting to realize the QB Savage drafted in round 1 might not be keeper material much much much too late after KNOWING DA wasn't. I won't blame THIS staff for the ball and chain effect Savage left us with.

What we're doing right now Larry is finding the KEEPERS and getting excited about it. If you've played fantasy football, one thing you learn really quickly is you need more than just 1 good RB. It seems like any QB is throwing for 300 yards with all the rules changes. Even the overrated clumsy QB in Pittsburgh threw for 500 yards so I'm a little worried that our's can hit our WRs inspite of huge cushions provided. At least I'm seeing a rastionale for reluctance to trust Quinn's accuracy. The guy that sees him every day knows what to base our game plans on. I also trust any decision that says don't commit to Quinn long term.

- Tom F.

Chalk me up as one of the prophets! Quinn aint it (you can chalk that up as well)

Chalk me up as one of the prophets! Quinn aint it (you can chalk that up as well)

Unfortunately, Savage was NOT the prophet and once Baltimore realized 3 years of diminsihed skills - Phil committed starting cap cake to Lewis for a period of 1 year and received some surprisingly decent numbers in return. Then he extended the salary commitment to RETAIN Lewis even though 31 other teams prolly wouldn't have seen the upside for a total workload on such dead ankles and reduced ability. AGAIN, you always have to factor in an owner asking why he's paying double digit millions to a BIG name so we had to wait for kind fate in this one to play out.

When Harrison had his chance in the Buffalo game in 2008 - he did great BUT he hurt his ankle on the sidelines and we returned to the question CAN he handle a full workload. I NEVER felt that was fair because as countless have asked how come Warrick Dunn could last forever on a 175 pound frame? Walter Payton could make the Hall of Fame with a 190 pound frame while Greg Pruitt was power packed with the same frame as Walter. Marshall Faulk only weighed 208 while Chris Johnson is only listed at 204 pounds. Meanwhile, an incredible hulk like Michael Turner can't seem to get on the field lately.

I don't blame the current slew of Coaches for all of Savages blunders. I think they've done good with the challenging deck they were dealt. Not for nothing, I'm just glad we had enough coaches interested in taking on this mess. People were telling Cowher: "Billy Don't Be a Hero!" He never had any intentions of it because he doesn't want to ruin his name in Pittsburgh. It is what it is.

- Tom F.

What is even more amazing on what Harrison, the O-line and Vickers were able to do to the Kansas City, is that it was reported that Mike Vrabel was calling out every play that the Browns were about to run. I guess many Browns offensive players were really impressed on how schooled Vrabel was at knowing their plays by the formations that they were in. The fact that Vrabel was correct on almost all of his calls, and yet the Browns still almost set an NFL single game rushing record against them is incredible to say the least.

What is even more amazing on what Harrison, the O-line and Vickers were able to do to the Kansas City, is that it was reported that Mike Vrabel was calling out every play that the Browns were about to run. I guess many Browns offensive players were really impressed on how schooled Vrabel was at knowing their plays by the formations that they were in. The fact that Vrabel was correct on almost all of his calls, and yet the Browns still almost set an NFL single game rushing record against them is incredible to say the least.

DUMP DABOL.

Harrison might have had 500 yards if the Chiefs didn't know what was coming.

Archived