THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers get saved by the refs

DAWGPOUND16

Like Harrison wasn't held (headlocked is much more accurate)on GB's first td.............

Like decking Hines while the ball is still in Ben's hands is just illegal contact.......

Remember early in the final drive when the announcers replayed and discussed how Hines was held deep down field but the refs didn't see (or atleast call) it?

Steelers win big, Browns win big, some people just naturally like to whine and complain.

Like Harrison wasn't held (headlocked is much more accurate)on GB's first td.............

Like decking Hines while the ball is still in Ben's hands is just illegal contact.......

Remember early in the final drive when the announcers replayed and discussed how Hines was held deep down field but the refs didn't see (or atleast call) it?

Steelers win big, Browns win big, some people just naturally like to whine and complain.

There was clear holding at the game. Why didn't they call it? Hey, it's because the refs are in the steelers' pocket.

Did anyone see this drive? Steelers just got completely bailed out from getting their 6th straight loss, lol wow.

i didn't know that happened, i'm not suprised though. they didn't mention it on espn news, i guess they were too busy jocking ratbeefburger.

There was clear holding at the game. Why didn't they call it? Hey, it's because the refs are in the steelers' pocket.

But if the Steelers are paying the refs why would they ignore the Harrison headlock on GB's first touchdown? It makes no sense. It's funny becuase I was reading through a few GB boards and they had less compliants toward the refs than this Browns Board does.

Did anyone see this drive? Steelers just got completely bailed out from getting their 6th straight loss, lol wow.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Amazing amazing that You People are Such ASSSSSSSSS Wipes....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL You NEVER cease to amaze me. You Mean the winning Drive where we got Flagged twice on it ?? SO the Refs contradict themselves ??? BITTER BITCHES is what you whiners are. 1st off Referees are NOT Very good period. They make mistakes BOTH Ways ...CONSTANTLY. So < NO Holds on Cribbs TD Returns ??? Go to the KC Boards... they are saying Holding / illegal Blocks. But they're team was PLAYING the Team they are bitching about . YOU Ass wipes are crying about a game YOUR Team wasnt even in . LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Amazing , you people are AMAZINGLY Bitter and Ignorant !!!

Green Bay Penalties (Number-Yards) 7 - 53 Pittsburgh Penalties (Number-Yards) 10 - 84

OK ...I see what you mean ! LOL. You guys are embarrassments to The GOOD FAITHFUL INTELLIGENT Sector of The Browns Fan Base !!! Upon further review ... You are sad excuses for fans. BITTER is as BITTER does.

But if the Steelers are paying the refs why would they ignore the Harrison headlock on GB's first touchdown? It makes no sense. It's funny becuase I was reading through a few GB boards and they had less compliants toward the refs than this Browns Board does.

I wonder why Browns fans complain so much? Hmmm.

steelerssuck-1.gif

steelerssuck-1.gif

let it go ... It was an angle anyway ... that was explained BY The League office. Beat a dead ass horse that was shot and killed BY The league office. The League routinely APOLOGIZES for blow calls. They happen. THE call you are whining about was addressed , NOT Apologized for. Your argument is hollow and empty. Regardless what any coach or player has to say or fan. The World see these calls, The NFL isn't going to Stand behind a blown call. Its going to apologize. The Steelers have received many apologies for blow calls that have Hurt their chances to Win. Remember Refs are not all that great ..the screw up. Maybe some even ...Gamble ! hmmm... Thats life. And LIFE is NOT Fair. Not fair for you , Or you wouldn't have been Born a Browns fan.

steelerssuck-1.gif

I imagine you are good at math becuase you can sure munipulate angles.

I don't know exactly what you are attempting to imply, but take a look at these two links:

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php?showtopic=16395

and attitude like what is seen on that link explains the rankings on this list:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/co...tory?id=3530077

QUOTE (Sivlerback DPOY @ Dec 20 2009, 09:36 PM)

Add to That 2 Penalties DURING the winning Drive AGAINST Pittsburgh. And the final Tally of :

Green Bay Penalties (Number-Yards) 7 - 53 Pittsburgh Penalties (Number-Yards) 10 - 84

Of course Evidence has NEVER been a Browns fans Strong point. You guys just make shit up and Bitch away. Congrats on Mike Holmgren, should keep you guys from getting swept by Pittsburgh year in Year out eventually. But not Next year. The Steeler wont take the Browns for granted anytime soon.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Amazing amazing that You People are Such ASSSSSSSSS Wipes....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL You NEVER cease to amaze me. You Mean the winning Drive where we got Flagged twice on it ?? SO the Refs contradict themselves ??? BITTER BITCHES is what you whiners are. 1st off Referees are NOT Very good period. They make mistakes BOTH Ways ...CONSTANTLY. So < NO Holds on Cribbs TD Returns ??? Go to the KC Boards... they are saying Holding / illegal Blocks. But they're team was PLAYING the Team they are bitching about . YOU Ass wipes are crying about a game YOUR Team wasnt even in . LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Amazing , you people are AMAZINGLY Bitter and Ignorant !!!

this is the degree to which Steeler fans write LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

let it go ... It was an angle anyway ... that was explained BY The League office. Beat a dead ass horse that was shot and killed BY The league office. The League routinely APOLOGIZES for blow calls. They happen. THE call you are whining about was addressed , NOT Apologized for. Your argument is hollow and empty. Regardless what any coach or player has to say or fan. The World see these calls, The NFL isn't going to Stand behind a blown call. Its going to apologize. The Steelers have received many apologies for blow calls that have Hurt their chances to Win. Remember Refs are not all that great ..the screw up. Maybe some even ...Gamble ! hmmm... Thats life. And LIFE is NOT Fair. Not fair for you , Or you wouldn't have been Born a Browns fan.

Yeah, it's like Browns fans forget how the Lions got their last Thankgiving Day win. Or how all 4 CBS announcers talked about how Pittsburgh deserved to beat the Colts in that 05 playoff game becuase of the bad calls. Or how the Steeler win last nights game is a 8 if you take away Harrison being headlocked on their first td. There lack of success lead some to believe being as successful as the Steelers can only come through cheating. Their excuse for calls that cleary hurt the Steeler are that we deserve it. Hopefully Mike takes away their whining attutide and brings in a winning one. Of course, he has a history of both.

Yeah, it's like Browns fans forget how the Lions got their last Thankgiving Day win. Or how all 4 CBS announcers talked about how Pittsburgh deserved to beat the Colts in that 05 playoff game becuase of the bad calls. Or how the Steeler win last nights game is a 8 if you take away Harrison being headlocked on their first td. There lack of success lead some to believe being as successful as the Steelers can only come through cheating. Their excuse for calls that cleary hurt the Steeler are that we deserve it. Hopefully Mike takes away their whining attutide and brings in a winning one. Of course, he has a history of both.

Mike will help fix the team. But the Bitterness that has turn a once proud "Fandom" to 80% Bitches , thats gonna take a decade for winning . And I am NOT making fun. Its just sad , The Manly Browns fans HAVE to be just mortified over how most of you guys act.

And S~back you are dead on. WE remember the bitter bad calls that have cost us. But Bitter~ Board members , are so obsessed with HATING us, They cant see a DAMN Thing !!! You all should change the Color of the Board to GREEN and call it the Envy Board.

I imagine you are good at math becuase you can sure munipulate angles.

I have seen refs pull out credit cards before to see if the nose has cleared the box. anyway you put it, you can stick a fat wallet in there and they were still going to call first down.

Take a closer look what angle do you see? But first take off the piss stained sunglasses.

Another case for cheating go to 1.01 on the video and freeze frame it. and dont give me this shit about angles and camera views the camera is right on the goal line.

I have seen refs pull out credit cards before to see if the nose has cleared the box. anyway you put it, you can stick a fat wallet in there and they were still going to call first down.

Take a closer look what angle do you see? But first take off the piss stained sunglasses.

Another case for cheating go to 1.01 on the video and freeze frame it. and dont give me this shit about angles and camera views the camera is right on the goal line.

EXPLAIN THE LEAGUE STANCE on This play ??? Come on , they ROUTINELY apologize for Blown calls ...YET took the time to explain WHY the RIGHT call was made !! Its BEEN Explained and No Live shot tells you anything Eisenstein ... angles !!!!

I have never denied the ref's screw ups have helped the Steelers. Although, Ben's rushing td was over the line. The league addmitted the cut block on Hasselback was a bad call. Though I seen the same call made against the Steelers the very next year, though we didn't get an apology. I simply don't try to accuse a team of cheating when bad call go their way. Harrison is held on most plays. Just take a look yesturday's game. Rogers is the most sacked qb in the NFL and we had a total of 1 sack and the refs flagged them 0 times for holding. I guess two of the leagues better pass rushers got completely dominated by the team that lets up the most sacks. Of course, for this assuption to be true you couldn't have seen GB's first touchdown, among many other plays.......

The Ball was in... The Ref said it was in. IF he blew that call... thats life and LIFE aint Fair. There were Blown call on BOTH ends in that game too. as in ALL GAmes .

And the header on that VIDEO says it all. Your like a Bitter little Bitch dude. Get over it. Its Amazing, we don't go over the Reel to Reel Tapes of the Browns NFL Titles looking for " Bad Calls" and all. Doesn't it embarrass you to be so obsessed with trying (in VAIN ) to discredit the Steelers ?? Its pathetic , and I am sure your totally oblivious to how totally asinine you sound. SAD... thats what it is SAD.

You're right that wasn't a touchdown by Ben. There is of course the obvious visual evidence that the ball did not break the plane, but also, notice that the ref was about to signal 4th down because he knew it wasn't a TD. Then, AFTER the play is dead Ben scoots the ball across the goal line and the ref signals touchdown IN RESPONSE to this dead ball movement. Open and shut case.

Note also at about 0:45 RT Max Starks is illegally well downfield past the LOS before Ben throws the ball. That is what the line judge is there for, that's his responsibility. Play should have been called back.

You're right that wasn't a touchdown by Ben. There is of course the obvious visual evidence that the ball did not break the plane, but also, notice that the ref was about to signal 4th down because he knew it wasn't a TD. Then, AFTER the play is dead Ben scoots the ball across the goal line and the ref signals touchdown IN RESPONSE to this dead ball movement. Open and shut case.

Note also at about 0:45 RT Max Starks is illegally well downfield past the LOS before Ben throws the ball. That is what the line judge is there for, that's his responsibility. Play should have been called back.

blaa blaa... You Lose.

The ref raised his hand to signal Ben is down, not for ball spot implications.......That's the NFL's explaination.

The ball crossed the play in mid-air before Ben landed(and should and WAS immediately signaled as being "down") and before he streched the ball over the goalline a SECOND time.......Again, this is the explaination from both the NFL and the associtaion of officiating.

Now, both questioneded why the ref didn't immediately signal "touchdown" (and only signaled Ben as "down") from the start. Although, ultimatley, both agreed, along with the on-field refs that Ben got the ball over the plane of the line. Of course, who are they to call a football game.......

Remember, Holmgren didn't take into consideration the ball was over the line on Ben's intial dive. At first, he thought it was ruled a touchdown becuase Ben streched the ball over the line after he was clearly down. That's why you didn't here anymore compliants from him since immediately after the game, becuase he decided to actually watch the full replay and understood the ruling.

Remember during SB 40 when TE Stevens caught the ball, turned up field, took THREE full step before any contact, got hit, dropped the ball, and then finally went down himself? Remember how the ref immediately blew the whistle to rule and incompletion and stopping any chance of the Steelers to review and gain possesion. (4 Steeler were by the ball, but the only Seahawk even near the frame of view was Stevens who had no chance and getting the ball cause he just got tackled.) Of course, you didn't see Cowher complaining about the refs becuase he knew his team wins or loses the game, not the refs.

The ref raised his hand to signal Ben is down, not for ball spot implications.......That's the NFL's explaination.

The ball crossed the play in mid-air before Ben landed(and should and WAS immediately signaled as being "down") and before he streched the ball over the goalline a SECOND time.......Again, this is the explaination from both the NFL and the associtaion of officiating.

The ball did not cross the plane when Ben leaped for the goal line. I don't understand how anyone can make that claim. It's on tape!

From the NFL Rule Book:

referee-crowdnoise.gif

CROWD NOISE,

DEAD BALL, or NEUTRAL

ZONE ESTABLISHED

One arm above head

with an open hand.

With fist closed: Fourth Down.

Remember during SB 40 when TE Stevens caught the ball, turned up field, took THREE full step before any contact, got hit, dropped the ball, and then finally went down himself? Remember how the ref immediately blew the whistle to rule and incompletion and stopping any chance of the Steelers to review and gain possesion.

If we're thinking of the same play then it's too bad they didn't rule fumble because the ball rolled out of bounds. The Seahawks would have been given the gain, and retained possession. As it was I think they had to punt on that drive.

Archived