THE BROWNS BOARD

The question that remains

VaporTrail

So, is this team that showed up the last two weeks the same team that will show up against teams with better defenses? Honestly, the question won't get answered until next year, but holy shit has our running game improved! Or... was it just because we were playing a tattered Pittsburgh defense and because KC's defense is worse than ours?

These two weeks may have been an aberration. I hope not, but I think there's a solid chance there is. Today's game was really exciting. My game balls go to Cribbs, Harrison, and Vickers. They beasted every time they were on the field. Also, honorable mention to Costanzo (again) because he was in on that important personal foul called against KC. I swear to God, every time our opponent gets a personal foul, he's always near the offender. I love this guy more and more for being such a god damn instigator, I mean, this guy is more or less trolling in the NFL.

I also think that we won this game in spite of Quinn. He's a mediocre QB. I'm not going to say DA is better or has more potential, because honestly I don't know. I just know that neither of those two can get us into the playoffs with their level of play, at least for now. Daboll, kudos to you for sticking with the run game. I mean, I don't blame you after seeing Quinn's picks. However, why the hell do you run a fly-post play on both sides when you only need 4 yards? Some of the blame for that first pick is on you. Quinn should not have made that throw, (underthrown, double-coverage) it was idiotic.

Anyways, if the running game we saw today was not a fluke, then the Browns will be a force to reckon with next season. I think our secondary needs improvement (would love to get Berry, but I'd be fine if we won out this year, just don't trade up to get him, trade down and snag more picks). Unfortunately, more and more, I'm beginning to think that we need a quarterback. I think we should shore up our secondary and right side of the line before getting a new qb, but what we're working with now...

So, is this team that showed up the last two weeks the same team that will show up against teams with better defenses? Honestly, the question won't get answered until next year, but holy shit has our running game improved! Or... was it just because we were playing a tattered Pittsburgh defense and because KC's defense is worse than ours?

These two weeks may have been an aberration. I hope not, but I think there's a solid chance there is. Today's game was really exciting. My game balls go to Cribbs, Harrison, and Vickers. They beasted every time they were on the field. Also, honorable mention to Costanzo (again) because he was in on that important personal foul called against KC. I swear to God, every time our opponent gets a personal foul, he's always near the offender. I love this guy more and more for being such a god damn instigator, I mean, this guy is more or less trolling in the NFL.

I also think that we won this game in spite of Quinn. He's a mediocre QB. I'm not going to say DA is better or has more potential, because honestly I don't know. I just know that neither of those two can get us into the playoffs with their level of play, at least for now. Daboll, kudos to you for sticking with the run game. I mean, I don't blame you after seeing Quinn's picks. However, why the hell do you run a fly-post play on both sides when you only need 4 yards? Some of the blame for that first pick is on you. Quinn should not have made that throw, (underthrown, double-coverage) it was idiotic.

Anyways, if the running game we saw today was not a fluke, then the Browns will be a force to reckon with next season. I think our secondary needs improvement (would love to get Berry, but I'd be fine if we won out this year, just don't trade up to get him, trade down and snag more picks). Unfortunately, more and more, I'm beginning to think that we need a quarterback. I think we should shore up our secondary and right side of the line before getting a new qb, but what we're working with now...

Vapor, I think that it's all of the above. Yes, the Chiefs aren't very good. The Steelers are better than the Chiefs. Let's give the offensive line and TEs some credit. The run blocking is better and I simply can't wait to see what a healthy James Davis brings to the table. I don't want to get into a debate on Brady Quinn. I think that the question in my mind with him is whether or not you can teach accuracy. I've heard some guys like Rich Gannon suggest that you can and yet others that suggest that you cannot. If it's the latter then we'll be moving on from Quinn. There is probably no better judge of Quinn's type of talent than Mike Holmgren....so someone whose opinion is respected will likely have the final say.

Archived