THE BROWNS BOARD

Another Global Warming Expose

Chicopee John

My guess (in general) is that anyone who is regularly disrespectful or hostile to Christians and or Christianity probably does not seriously pray.

Of any other time ever on this board Steve and I say this with all due respect and with 100% certainty, you are 100% wrong, in general of course.

Of any other time ever on this board Steve and I say this with all due respect and with 100% certainty, you are 100% wrong, in general of course.

I could be Kos.

Do you believe there's a Supreme Being that listens understands and responds to mortal humans?

What do you believe He wants from us?

WSS

But getting back to the subject of the thread, guys.... <_< ...

it has to be embarrassing for those who bought into the man made global warming

bull...

Temps Plunge to Record as Cold Snap Freezes North, East States...

CHILL MAP...

Vermont sets 'all-time record for one snowstorm'...

Iowa temps 'a solid 30 degrees below normal'...

Peru's mountain people 'face extinction because of cold conditions'...

Beijing -- coldest in 40 years...

World copes with Arctic weather...

Yeah, I can see that Peru's mountain people lament the dramatic heating up of the entire earth

by "CO2".

I mean, really. ROF,LMAO !

I wonder if Sheppie ever manned up about it.

First off how do you know they are the words of God? And faith is not proof, just to get that out of the way.

So because I'm not Christian I don't pray? I hate when the deeds of God get confused with the words of man.

Jeepers, creepers, K, why the reaction??

Did I say you were a Christian?

I still hope you find employment this year.

I could be Kos.

Do you believe there's a Supreme Being that listens understands and responds to mortal humans?

What do you believe He wants from us?

WSS

Hey Steve. Yes, I do believe there is a Supreme Being or Energy that listens and responds. I believe it wants us to do good for the world. To help your neighbor.

I just don't believe one needs outlandish stories from the Bible or Koran to get them there. I respect religion, it's succeeded in billions of people over time, to fear death and consequences. It's a powerful force.

People need to do right and treat people with respect (except Steeler fans here, jk) no matter what the God's law is. It's all about Gratitude and Respect.

Jeepers, creepers, K, why the reaction??

Did I say you were a Christian?

I still hope you find employment this year.

I apolgise if I was wrong here but didn't you say "Dare I say that I pray it happens". I took that as condescending, like because I am not Christian I don't pray.

Yea on the jobs. I think me and my girl are going to have to move from Cleveland. I never noticed this until I moved back here about a year and 1/2 ago, but people here just seem depressed and content. Everyone is OK with their situation. At least everyone I know. I don't do well with complacency. That's depressing, and the cycle begins. Go south young man....

I apolgise if I was wrong here but didn't you say "Dare I say that I pray it happens". I took that as condescending, like because I am not Christian I don't pray.

Yea on the jobs. I think me and my girl are going to have to move from Cleveland. I never noticed this until I moved back here about a year and 1/2 ago, but people here just seem depressed and content. Everyone is OK with their situation. At least everyone I know. I don't do well with complacency. That's depressing, and the cycle begins. Go south young man....

Good luck with your job search, jobs in our area are slim. Most printshops have allready layed off many. I receive apps and resumes every week. The last advertisement for a job here was for a printing salesman on commision only. Which is good if you can bring accounts with you.

Good luck with your job search, jobs in our area are slim. Most printshops have allready layed off many. I receive apps and resumes every week. The last advertisement for a job here was for a printing salesman on commision only. Which is good if you can bring accounts with you.

Yea I'll be moving. But the cool thing T is that I have advanced variable print programming, PURL programming and CASS certification experience. Along with all the Pre-Press, web and advanced graphic design experience, I think I have a leg up on the competition. I was ACT trained a while back on b/w and color Xerox. Shit I can even run a 2 color press. Let me shoot you over my resume T, just in case you have any contact down there, you never know. Email me at mcintyremedia @ yahoo.com with your email. Thanks

Yea I'll be moving. But the cool thing T is that I have advanced variable print programming, PURL programming and CASS certification experience. Along with all the Pre-Press, web and advanced graphic design experience, I think I have a leg up on the competition. I was ACT trained a while back on b/w and color Xerox. Shit I can even run a 2 color press. Let me shoot you over my resume T, just in case you have any contact down there, you never know. Email me at mcintyremedia @ yahoo.com with your email. Thanks

sent it

Good luck, K !

My brother-in-law owns a printing company in Medina - but printing businesses are slowly going kaput,

given the development of 3/4 G software, bigger hd's.... etc.

My last developer contract, my former boss, almost lost his job, but they let him

resign, and become a developer... and he desperately took it...

N. Carolina is a hoppin place for jobs....

Good luck, K !

My brother-in-law owns a printing company in Medina - but printing businesses are slowly going kaput,

given the development of 3/4 G software, bigger hd's.... etc.

My last developer contract, my former boss, almost lost his job, but they let him

resign, and become a developer... and he desperately took it...

N. Carolina is a hoppin place for jobs....

Yea we are definatley moving. In printing you need to move towards giving your customers marketing services to harness their information. Hopefully owners will see that value in me. Wilmington, Charlotte, Greenville or Raleigh seem to be the best places. Thanks

My close friend - we used to work for the same company that started making/trying to make people work

65-75 hrs a week as a new corp culture, well, they moved to Salisbury, NC. It's

a beautiful town.

There are a few big cities, that have some crime, as usual.

Our friends that we stay with once year on vacation, and the same when they come up here,

LOVE IT down there.

In fact, he had sent resumes all over the East Coast, and the only two replies he got were in NC.

My close friend - we used to work for the same company that started making/trying to make people work

65-75 hrs a week as a new corp culture, well, they moved to Salisbury, NC. It's

a beautiful town.

There are a few big cities, that have some crime, as usual.

Our friends that we stay with once year on vacation, and the same when they come up here,

LOVE IT down there.

In fact, he had sent resumes all over the East Coast, and the only two replies he got were in NC.

Yea Cal, that is where it is at. I think I have been to Salisbury? Plus the weather, I'm a young 33 going on 55 in terms of my back. North Carolina still has seasons, just not THAT cold and no snow barely. KsHutch actually lives in Greenville, SC and that is looking like a kick ass place. Not too big not to small.

How about Ashville, K? Pretty eclectic.

If you go, let me know. I can hook you up with somebody to show you around, recommend or not, etc.

I thought about Ashville, but I think it is a smaller community and jobs might be harder to come by. I will take a look, but I think a larger city will be better. But if I do I'll let you know. Could be an option, thanks!

Its Cold here also, wind chill is 17 degrees, but it wont last long and spring is right around the corner.

Come March I hope to be planting my garden again, I have to get it in early before the summer heat makes it unbearable outside. Plus I need ample time to go to the beach on weekends and I dont want to get stuck in a garden weeding.

On another note I always liked Charlotte as for location, it only takes 8 1/2 hours to get to Clev to catch a game. And you are only 3 hours from the beach or the mountains.

"Modern day people have gathered several practices and beliefs from the Celts and Romans. As was mentioned earlier, our present day calendar bases several of its months from names of Roman gods. Holidays such as Halloween and Christmas evolved from Celtic festivals. Halloween evolving from Samain and Christmas evolving from the celebration of the winter solstice. Around the 25th of December both Romans and Celts celebrated and worshipped the sun. Desiring to make others come to Christianity, Constantine “Christianized” these pagan holidays. By taking a holiday that was familiar to the people and changing it into something related to Christ, Constantine thought he could convert more people. Therefore, as a result of Constantine’s changing of this holiday, we now celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25th instead of the sun. Interestingly, we also received the beginning of our new year from the Celts. On the winter solstice, they would worship the sun in hopes for the sun to not desert them. They did this because they noticed the days getting continually shorter. After approximately a week, they would notice that the days were, once again, getting longer, therefore they would start a new year. Though many traditions and celebrations have changed throughout the years, pre-Christian religions of the Romans and Celts have definitely shaped the current beliefs and practices of Christians."

Partly right, and I'll have to add my .02 here. Good reason Christmas is December 25th. The Nero epoch Romans had no love for the Christians- they were tasty Lion fodder. But they did have a big time year end (actually beginning) bash around December 25th- the Satunalia- in honor of the God Saturn, and the return of the Sun. So what better time to celebrate Christ's birth while the Romans were off in some Bacchanalian frenzy, and leaving them pretty much alone?

Hmmmm.... the angels reported to the shepherds keeping watch by the sheep- the only time they bothered to do that was in the spring during the lambing season. :)

Archived