THE BROWNS BOARD

All I want for X-Mas is a new QB....Please SANTA!!

gmp

Oops.

I thought from the header you meant Worthlessburger.

Since Gulp My Pee is a squeeler fag.

Sorry.

WSS

No, not a Steeler fan...

and you may want to re-think the worhlesburger bit..

over 500 yards passing and a game winner from about 30 yards out.

Quinn 66 yards passing..against the Chiefs!!!!

You do the math, genius.

I love how we are all talent scouts for the NFL. My question is how can we judge any QB with the receivers we have. I have watched every game and there is never any seperation by the receivers. Yes, Quinns accuracy worries me but if I am not mistaken a receiver needs to give the Quarterback a little room for error. Over and over again on sideline throws Mo Mass is right up against the sideline giving little or no room for Quinn to make a throw. I am not saying Quinn is the answer or that he is even a good quarterback but he has only started like 13 games and once again if I am not mistaken Peyton Manning was only 2-14 through his first 16 games. We can't judge any quarterback (quinn, or anderson) with this group of receivers.

I love how we are all talent scouts for the NFL. My question is how can we judge any QB with the receivers we have. I have watched every game and there is never any seperation by the receivers. Yes, Quinns accuracy worries me but if I am not mistaken a receiver needs to give the Quarterback a little room for error. Over and over again on sideline throws Mo Mass is right up against the sideline giving little or no room for Quinn to make a throw. I am not saying Quinn is the answer or that he is even a good quarterback but he has only started like 13 games and once again if I am not mistaken Peyton Manning was only 2-14 through his first 16 games. We can't judge any quarterback (quinn, or anderson) with this group of receivers.

Yes,

I'll give you that,,,with having not much to throw too. but I think the jury is now out with Brady Quinn...and the reason he dropped on draft day is now coming to light......His QB savy is just not NFL caliber, a back up at best and that's even a reach.....but I'm cool with letting him finish up this season...He just is not going to be anything in the league., After 13 starts, I don't think he gives the Browns any reason not to start looking in the draft.

Seems like the announcers for yesterday's game thought BQ's "savy" was pretty good since they commended him several times on his decisions and the way he ran the offense. I'll take their assessment over yours.

SAVY HUH...

Well,

when a Qb give you nothin else,,,there's always the OL'e Savy. :blink:

I think I like my assessment better...get a QB who can produce some numbers,

You can have SAVY :huh:

if I am not mistaken Peyton Manning was only 2-14 through his first 16 games. We can't judge any quarterback (quinn, or anderson) with this group of receivers.

Actually he won three through first 16 games. However I dont blv Peyton has ever thrown under 100 yards in a game. Brady has thrown under 100 yards 4 times this season.

SAVY HUH...

Well,

when a Qb give you nothin else,,,there's always the OL'e Savy. :blink:

I think I like my assessment better...get a QB who can produce some numbers,

You can have SAVY :huh:

And I think I like West Side Steve's assessment of you better. xxxx off, Steeler fag.

Brady Quinn against the Chiefs....the friggin Chiefs!!!

10 for 17 for 66 yards and (2) picks

I've seen more then enough of this joke of a QB.......

Well, at least he hands off a real nice ball... :lol:

Fail. Stop bitching you don't know your head from your asshole.

Brady is developing just fine. And we've won two games.

two guys arguing that can't even spell the word SAAVY. two a's you asses. quinn does suck tough.

Actually, unless you're referring to the urban dictionary meanings, it's two v's: savvy.

FWIW, I think the jury's still out on Quinn. A while back I read an intriguing comment about the size of his arms. The article in question insinuated that Quinn's been asked not to build up his arms so much because it adversely affects accuracy. I was waiting for someone knowledgeable about this sort of thing to comment but no one ever did. A co-worker of mine observed that most QBs have large upper body muscles (chest and back) but not big arms. I'm not sure any of us knows enough about QB skills to judge what about Quinn's performance can be corrected, or which parts have to do with the inexperience of his receivers. I'm not sure Quinn has ever thrown to a top flight receiver in the NFL.

I'm thinking Holmgren/Mangini can sort this out.

Actually he won three through first 16 games. However I dont blv Peyton has ever thrown under 100 yards in a game. Brady has thrown under 100 yards 4 times this season.

He did win 3, I was just going off of memory, my bad.

However, here are Mannings stats through his first 16 games.

56.7% comp pct. / 26 tds / 28 ints / qb rating 72

Also he had such future hall of famers such as Marshal Faulk, and Marvin Harrison around him.

Also, solid players such as 3 time pro-bowler Tarik Glenn as his left tackle, and Marcus Pollard as his tight end.

Brady Quinns Stats through 14 games he has played in are as follows:

52.1% comp pct. / 10 tds / 9 ints / qb rating 66.8

Now after saying that I do not believe Brady Quinn will ever be a Peyton Manning caliber player but I do not believe after the first 14 games of his career we should write him off especially with the people he has around him. We definately need to build a good defense, get a solid #1 receiver, and a right side of the line before we go get another quarterback who will play just as bad with the team around him.

FWIW, I think the jury's still out on Quinn. A while back I read an intriguing comment about the size of his arms. The article in question insinuated that Quinn's been asked not to build up his arms so much because it adversely affects accuracy. I was waiting for someone knowledgeable about this sort of thing to comment but no one ever did. A co-worker of mine observed that most QBs have large upper body muscles (chest and back) but not big arms. I'm not sure any of us knows enough about QB skills to judge what about Quinn's performance can be corrected, or which parts have to do with the inexperience of his receivers. I'm not sure Quinn has ever thrown to a top flight receiver in the NFL.

I recall watching Joe Montana and Jerry Rice on a sports talk show and they both commented that Bill Walsh would never pick players who were too buff, especially qb's. Way too tight for the touch of the game. whether or not this theory holds water, but I do think Bill Walsh knew a bit about athletes. ironically Walsh only won two games his first season as coach of San Fran but that's another post. LOL

One thing is clear. Quinn has not earned his way into being the assumed starter next season. Look forward to an interesting off-season and another open competition next season (unless we move both QB's and sign a veteran).

One of the best moves this season was saving all that bonus cash that would have been paid for 70% or more of the snaps.

Did you mean "Ben Cocklessburger"?

One time at a school event a little girl asked Matt Hasselbeck if he thinks girls will be able to play in the NFL someday. Without missing a beat, Matt said "girls can play in the NFL, Ben Roethlisburger plays for the Steelers right?" Lol.

Back to the topic, is Brady Quinn no longer considered the long-term answer at QB for the Browns?

One time at a school event a little girl asked Matt Hasselbeck if he thinks girls will be able to play in the NFL someday. Without missing a beat, Matt said "girls can play in the NFL, Ben Roethlisburger plays for the Steelers right?" Lol.

Back to the topic, is Brady Quinn no longer considered the long-term answer at QB for the Browns?

So say you!!! :rolleyes:

Bernie is under contract with the Browns, have him SUIT UP!

I was watching some of the games that have been recently added to YouTube and man, Bernie just looks like a kid on the playground out there. Whatever it takes to move the chains, not always pretty but pretty damn effective. Can he teach?

I was watching some of the games that have been recently added to YouTube and man, Bernie just looks like a kid on the playground out there. Whatever it takes to move the chains, not always pretty but pretty damn effective. Can he teach?

They should give him a shot at the OC position. He cant be any worse then Daboll.

Holmgren will find the best available QB to run his west coast offense. I don't think that's anyone currently on the team.

The question of whether he thinks Mangini is the best coach available in the NFL to lead a team running the west coast offense is another matter. I don;t think even Mangini would claim he's all that experienced in that. While it's not essential that the Head Coach be the Offensive Coordinator I do think Holmgren will want a Head Coach somewhat familiar with that particular offensive aspect of the game.

I know there's a renewed level of support for Mangini now being on a major role of beating two teams, including a juggernaut of a Chiefs team, but Holmgren won't look at this with any sentimentality of winning against the Steelers. He'll look at all the decisions Mangini has been making as the leader of an organization and determine if, as a whole, he did an excellent job this season.

Holmgren's going to demand excellence from his players and his coaches and I have to think he's planning on bringing all of "his" people in so that when things get turned around (and they will - I'm sure of it) HE will be able to claim 100% credit.

Well, I'm all for letting those in charge make the decision about BQ.

/agree the prez and his GM will decide the coaches fate and the coach will decide quinns ,in my mind bq threw 2 picks and daboll wouldnt let him throw afterwards ,meaning no chance for quinn to make it up but hey it worked out great for the browns ,the problem with our offense is across the board and daboll is at the root of this problem...our qbs cant get a rhythm going combined with our WRs not adjusting well when the ball is thrown well and daboll gives up to easy and reverts to the run ,im not so sure losing mangini would be a good thing but i am sure this clubs offense will get better once daboll is replaced...

Archived