THE BROWNS BOARD

All I want for X-Mas is a new QB....Please SANTA!!

gmp

Yes,

I'll give you that,,,with having not much to throw too. but I think the jury is now out with Brady Quinn...and the reason he dropped on draft day is now coming to light......His QB savy is just not NFL caliber, a back up at best and that's even a reach.....but I'm cool with letting him finish up this season...He just is not going to be anything in the league., After 13 starts, I don't think he gives the Browns any reason not to start looking in the draft.

The only thing that worries me about Quinn is his accuracy- or lack of it. Kosar could throw a ball through a tire 20 yards away 10 times in a row. Yeah, Quinn should probably be playing better after having had the opportunity to sit & learn for a couple of years. :) OTOH, who does he have to throw to?

13 starts? FYI, who else in the NFL has 13 starts, has 12 TDs, 20 INTs, and a QB rating of 65? That would be Mark Sanchez. You think the Jets are ready to give up on him and draft Sam Bradford next year? I doubt it.

If the Browns start looking to replace Quinn, it should be in 2011, not next year- the guy looks to at least be serviceable, and the Browns have tons of higher priority holes to fill before they go qb shopping in the first round again. . Go the Steelers route, and draft the qb last.

Give Quinn some receivers to throw to and he'd be good.

receivers dont suddenly correct ones horrible accuracy problem.....

but hell....i'd use this draft for depth and defense, and roll with quinn one more year. we can go .500 with him under center.

One thing is clear. Quinn has not earned his way into being the assumed starter next season. Look forward to an interesting off-season and another open competition next season (unless we move both QB's and sign a veteran).

One of the best moves this season was saving all that bonus cash that would have been paid for 70% or more of the snaps.

No kidding. I hammered on that earlier in the season.

It would have been a colossal mistake to have handed him the cash.

Speaking of that, someone needs to check the stats. With 2 games left, we need to be sure he still can't get the snap number.

Archived