THE BROWNS BOARD

How Bout Zorn As QB Coach!

ITHIKA

How about QB guru Jim Zorn coming to Cleve? With the hiring of Holmgren imminent and the firing of Zorn in favor of Shanahan as Redskins HC coming very soon it seems to me an obvious place for Zorn to land would be in Cleve. Zorn was Holmgrens right hand man in Seattle and widely know as one of the best QB coaches in the NFL. It would be a great thing for BQ's development and any other QB we bring in this offseason. Adding Zorn a great offensive mind would only strengthen this team! Your thoughts?

I wouldn't have a problem with him as the OC either, initially thats what he was hired to be in Washington, adding him to any facet of this offense would be a huge plus especially for the QB's. He didnt cut it as a HC many great coaches don't, let him go back to working with the offense and doing what he does best.

I'll go a step further if Zorn were to come here ac OC or QB coach don't be surprised to see Jason Campbell signed in the offseason, he's a FA after this season and he and Zorn have a great relationship. Campbell's going to be one of the better FA QB's on the market and would give Quinn some great competition for the starting job while we let UC's Tony Pike who we'll draft in the third round sit on the sidelines and learn for his rookie season. Im wearing my swami hat i see it all LOL!

Why the hell isn't anyone calling Jim Fassel who is one of the better QB coaches around?

The Ravens brought him in to develop Kyle Boller. I'm guessing he gets blamed for Boller's failures, though there's good reason to suspect that Boller never was smart enough to be a successful NFL QB.

How about we bring him in as OC and demote daboll to qb coach

Zorn sounds good as OC ,kosar as qb coach sounds good but daboll needs to be demoted to a clown mascot for the hometown fans viewing pleasure and enjoyment on sundays ,i wouldnt miss a game! ;)

Uh... the Redskins only scored 12 points last night and didn't even get a first down until almost the end of the first half, why the hell do you want the guy who engineered that as your OC? On the note of quarterbacks though, you're in very good shape with the hiring of Mike Holmgren, quarterbacks are his specialty... quarterbacks he has chosen and trained include Matt Hasslebeck, Brett Favre, Steve Young, and Joe Montana.

Archived