THE BROWNS BOARD

Woof Woof: Fantasy Football Semifinal Results

kshutchins

"Upset" is the word for the playoffs in Leagues One and Two. A couple of teams still have players in Monday night games so not all of the final combatants have been decided. It will be a suspenseful evening for the teams on the bubble.

Beanpot's League One:

Jumpin' Jack Flash 67 vs. Huskymania 71 FINAL

Did the Flash turn out to be a dud or was this a strategic loss designed to get on Santa's good side? QB Tom Brady (6), RB Thomas Jones (3), WR Terrell Owens (3), RB Chris Johnson (9), and Miami's defense (6) must've had holiday hangovers because they let down the team in a big way. They were all expected to contribute higher point totals giving Jumpin' Jack Flash the top seed. Instead of carrying the team to victory, they carried them right out of the championship finals. So how did pops pull off the win over his offspring? Brett Favre (2) wasn't the answer. Vernon Davis (5), New Orleans defense (3) and WR Robert Meachem (7) were also puzzled by the question. Rashard Mendenhall (18) and Adrian Peterson (15) were the guys who carried dad on their shoulder and showed the whippersnapper how it's done. So who does dad face in the finals?

The winner of:

Beanpot (127) vs. Flug's Cardiac Kids (60) FINAL

This one's not final, but unless RB Quinton Ganther scores 77 points during Monday Night Football, it's over. It was a team effort for Beans who ran out of game balls to hand out. QB Carson Palmer (18), Chad 85 (15), Maurice Jones-Drew (26), Dallas Clark (25) and Miles Austin (22) were very good boys and will be expecting something special under the tree on Christmas morning. Flug's team, who were favored to win, are going to be on the "naughty" list for their performance. The largest lump of coal and an onion in the toe of his stocking goes to Houston RB Arian Foster (-1). Monday Night: Ganther added 10 points to Flug's total.

Consolation Round:

Greenville Mayhem 73 vs. T's Jelly Donuts 67 FINAL

Mayhem lucked into the playoffs simply because of a tie rather than a loss. Based on having the lowest overall point total in the league (995) Mayhem is the biggest (worst?) underdawg in the playoffs. Even so, Greenville's ailing and injured players returned to health in time for the end of the season and Mayhem was favored to win. T's Jelly Donuts have been passively observing the semifinal contest from a lounge chair enjoying holiday aromas with a characteristic "Can you smell it?" Donovan McNabb (14) and kicker Matt Prater (16) have kept the Donuts in the game but this one will be decided by WR Santana Moss who needs lucky 13 points to give T's a victory. It's down to Monday Night and the hope that the NYGiants defense will stop Moss for the Mayhem. And they held Moss to 6 fantasy points. Greenville Mayhem thanks them.

DTBH 83 vs alwAysLOsing 90 Results are FINAL even if the score isn't

This is another case of the underdawg becoming the wonderdawg. ALO has already been declared the winner even though he has two more players on tap for Monday Night. RB Brandon Jacobs and Washington's defense are yet to play but it doesn't matter since Aaron Rodgers (34) and DeSean Jackson (21) have assured alwAysLOsing of victory. Brandon Jacobs added 4 to ALO's total while Washington's defense subtracted two.

This is how it looks:

It will be Huskymania vs. Beanpot for the League One Championship.

Jumpin' Jack Flash and Flug's Cardiac Kids will face off for third place.

alwAysLOsing will meet Greenville Mayhem for 5th place

DTBH vs. Donuts to decide the seventh spot.

Full 'o Beans League TWO:

hammertime 71 vs. Bo and the Boz 65 FINAL

Apparently Bo doesn't know fantasy in the playoffs because the team sucked peppermint sticks. Arian Foster (-1), Wes Welker (6), Tom Brady (6), Larry Fitzgerald (12), Ray Rice (11) and Mason Crosby (4) all underperformed for the Boz. hammertime pounded his way to victory behind the efforts of Mike Sims-Walker (16), TJ Houshmanetcetera and Cleveland's own Phil Dawson (12).

Lambdo's Air Show 102 vs. dirty hands 67 FINAL

The #2 seed, dirty hands, kicked off this battle with the opening shot of Peyton Manning (28), Reggie Wayne (19), Joseph Addai (6) and Indy's defense (3) to surge into a 56 point lead. Lambdo was not intimidated and mounted a counterattack with Aaron Rodgers (34) and company. Dirty hands would have done better finishing the game with Santa's reindeer because his players clearly didn't have their heads or hearts in the contest. The final score will be known once Quinton Ganther adds his points to the total for the Air Show. Monday Night: Ganther added 10 points to the Air Show total.

Consolation Round:

Choo Choo's 105 vs. Justin Hermouf 71 FINAL

What would Christmas be without a train under the Christmas tree? We won't have to find out because Choo Choo's are still chugging along. One of the few favored teams to win, Choo Choo's brought home the bacon in style. Maurice Jones-Drew (26), Philip Rivers (20) and Greg Jennings (18) were the stars. Justin Hermouf set his lineup and checked it twice but couldn't believe his eyes when it was over.

Beanpot 101 vs. Bermeck's Hicks-* 80 FINAL

Can Brandon Jacobs come up with 26 points against Washington tonight? If he does, it will be a Christmas miracle for Bermeck and a dark winter night for the favored Beanpot. Andre Johnson (22), Jamaal Charles (19), and Carson Palmer (18) turned up the heat for Beans. Even if this game were being played on 34th street it's not likely that Bermeck can pull this miracle out of Santa's bag. No Miracle on Monday Night: Jacobs added 4.

The final week of fantasy football for 2009 comes down to this:

hammertime vs Lambdo's Air Show for the trophy.

Bo and the Boz vs dirty hands to grab third.

Choo Choo's race Beanpot to grab 5th.

Justin Hermouf vs. Bermeck's Hicks for 7th place.

Raise a glass to all the winners! Good Luck, everyone! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and glorious holidays to everyone!

Flugel’s League 3: The Finals & Consolation Match-ups Are Set!

Playoffs

#1 Project Showtime 87

#4 Rice’s Ryders 63

Project Showtime got off to a nice start on Thursday Evening with 25 points from their superstar Dallas “In Chains” Clark. On Sunday, they received 20 points from Philip Rivers and 11 points apiece from the Texans Defense and Ray Rice. Even though they still await the performance of Quinton Ganther on Monday Night, the Ryders’ score is final. Therefore, Project Showtime has compiled enough points to bring their #1 seed into the finals. They will face #2 seed Victory Formation next weekend. Worth noting: the Ryders finished with 63 points where 18 came from Greg Jennings and 12 more came from Antonio Gates. They will face Believeland next weekend for the battle of 3rd place. This promises to be a very entertaining match-up between 2 teams that have proven how much they love to compete.

#2 Victory Formation 87

#3 Believeland 83

This is our version of a REMEMBER ME? BOWL. Hostility can either ignite ability into scoreboard production or it can fester into 1 gigantic distraction from the game plan. Last week’s outcome reminded me of a conversation between Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise in a great movie when Jack confidently asked the prosecuting attorney “ARE WE CLEAR?” What he didn’t expect was a reply that was even more confident at one-third the volume: “Crystal.” The movie was “A Few Good Men” which is exactly what both sides need this week. Believeland got off to a great start with 19 points from Reggie Wayne, 16 points from Mike Sims-Walker and 6 points from Joseph Addai. Unfortunately for them, Reggie Bush’s hamstring pull on Saturday Night put a damper on the way they were exceeding the scoring projections. On Sunday, Carson Palmer added 18 points and Adrian Peterson chipped 15 more for the hard fighting Believeland crew. But was it enough? Not quite. Victory Formation got a 21 point effort from DeSean Jackson, 19 points from Jamaal Charles, 14 points from Donovan McNabb and 12 from Larry Fitzgerald. This was enough to earn them a trip to the Championship Finals where they will face the #1 seeded Project Showtime. Get your VCRs, DVRs and TIVOs ready because this is going to be a good ole fashion shootout with a lot of big guns!

Consolation

#5 Waiting for Noodles 100

#8 Runn Uu OVer 56

Waiting for Noodles received 34 points from Aaron Rodgers, 24 points from Vincent Jackson and 14 points from Tim Hightower as they coasted to victory over Run Uu Over. Runn Uu Over had great performances from Steve Smith (25 points) and the Ravens Defense (18 points). Unfortunately Jay Cutler lost them 4 points playing Santa Claus to the opponent all day while Michael Turner’s day finished after 1 carry for a total of 0 points on his behalf. This is a final score so Waiting for Noodles will be playing Charlie’s Angels for 5th place next weekend. Meanwhile Runn Uu Over will compete with Dot the I for 7th place.

#6 Dot the I 49

#7 Charlie’s Angels 116

Another final score where the winner exceeded 100 points. Charlie’s Angels received 22 points apiece from the following players: Miles Austin, Anquan Boldin, and Andre Johnson to fly the Angels over the I. Rashard Mendenhall led the I with 18 points and Matt Schaub contributed another 11 as they came up short. Both teams are looking forward to playing 1 more week and securing bragging rights over their last opponent for the next 365 days.

Let the pigeons loose!

Above all,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

The Heidi Report:

::slurp:: (hot cocoa) (fyi, Heidi's under the weather)

My Helmet's 2Tight 87 Final

WPBDawgFan 67

Ballantyne Behemoths 94 Final

Doctors of Gridiron 85

FBrulz 83 Final

LCDawgfan13 89

BOHICA 117 Final

Timugen's Tool 115

The final week's game for the ho ho whole enchilada will be, LCDawgfan13 and Ballantyne Behemoths for the first place spot and FBrulz and Doctors of Gridiron for the 3rd place game. Good luck to each of you.

Consolation Games, for 5th place it will be My Helmet's 2Tight vs. BOHICA and the 7th place game consists of WPBDawgFan vs. Timugen's Tool.

The Toyota Biggest Fantasy Blowout was My Helmet's 2Tight over WPBDawgFan with a +20 points.

Merry Christmas Browns Board. Have a great final week and hope all the little good Brownie boys AND girls get their Fantasy Football wishes.

Thanks, Heidi! (Hope you feel better soon)

"Upset" is the word for the playoffs in Leagues One and Two. A couple of teams still have players in Monday night games so not all of the final combatants have been decided. It will be a suspenseful evening for the teams on the bubble.

Consolation Round:[/b][/i]

Greenville Mayhem 73 vs. T's Jelly Donuts 61 Totally undecided

Mayhem lucked into the playoffs simply because of a tie rather than a loss. Based on having the lowest overall point total in the league (995) Mayhem is the biggest (worst?) underdawg in the playoffs. Even so, Greenville's ailing and injured players returned to health in time for the end of the season and Mayhem was favored to win. T's Jelly Donuts have been passively observing the semifinal contest from a lounge chair enjoying holiday aromas with a characteristic "Can you smell it?" Donovan McNabb (14) and kicker Matt Prater (16) have kept the Donuts in the game but this one will be decided by WR Santana Moss who needs lucky 13 points to give T's a victory. It's down to Monday Night and the hope that the NYGiants defense will stop Moss for the Mayhem.

Well I woke up sunday morning to see that 2 WR's and a TE were not going to play? Thank goodness I benched Celek or otherwise I would allready being singing this song in the video. Im just postponing it until after tonights game.

Your Killing me Kathy your Killing me. B)

The winner of:

Beanpot (127) vs. Flug's Cardiac Kids (50) Not quite final

I got em right where I want em. All kidding aside - Congrats Beans!

- Tom F.

Thank you Kathy for adding leauge 4's goings on. While I am under the weather there were also games on Monday night that had to be played involving either playoff teams or Consolation games so I waited until the final results this morning. I do apologize for my delay.

Good luck to all the teams from the Browns Board. I'm sure there will be more upsets this week. I didn't see FBrulz's loss coming.

Heidi

Beanpot's League One:

Jumpin' Jack Flash 67 vs. Huskymania 71 FINAL

Did the Flash turn out to be a dud or was this a strategic loss designed to get on Santa's good side? QB Tom Brady (6), RB Thomas Jones (3), WR Terrell Owens (3), RB Chris Johnson (9), and Miami's defense (6) must've had holiday hangovers because they let down the team in a big way. They were all expected to contribute higher point totals giving Jumpin' Jack Flash the top seed. Instead of carrying the team to victory, they carried them right out of the championship finals. So how did pops pull off the win over his offspring? Brett Favre (2) wasn't the answer. Vernon Davis (5), New Orleans defense (3) and WR Robert Meachem (7) were also puzzled by the question. Rashard Mendenhall (18) and Adrian Peterson (15) were the guys who carried dad on their shoulder and showed the whippersnapper how it's done. So who does dad face in the finals?

The winner of:

Beanpot (127) vs. Flug's Cardiac Kids (60) FINAL

This one's not final, but unless RB Quinton Ganther scores 77 points during Monday Night Football, it's over. It was a team effort for Beans who ran out of game balls to hand out. QB Carson Palmer (18), Chad 85 (15), Maurice Jones-Drew (26), Dallas Clark (25) and Miles Austin (22) were very good boys and will be expecting something special under the tree on Christmas morning. Flug's team, who were favored to win, are going to be on the "naughty" list for their performance. The largest lump of coal and an onion in the toe of his stocking goes to Houston RB Arian Foster (-1). Monday Night: Ganther added 10 points to Flug's total.

Consolation Round:

Greenville Mayhem 73 vs. T's Jelly Donuts 67 FINAL

Mayhem lucked into the playoffs simply because of a tie rather than a loss. Based on having the lowest overall point total in the league (995) Mayhem is the biggest (worst?) underdawg in the playoffs. Even so, Greenville's ailing and injured players returned to health in time for the end of the season and Mayhem was favored to win. T's Jelly Donuts have been passively observing the semifinal contest from a lounge chair enjoying holiday aromas with a characteristic "Can you smell it?" Donovan McNabb (14) and kicker Matt Prater (16) have kept the Donuts in the game but this one will be decided by WR Santana Moss who needs lucky 13 points to give T's a victory. It's down to Monday Night and the hope that the NYGiants defense will stop Moss for the Mayhem. And they held Moss to 6 fantasy points. Greenville Mayhem thanks them.

DTBH 83 vs alwAysLOsing 90 Results are FINAL even if the score isn't

This is another case of the underdawg becoming the wonderdawg. ALO has already been declared the winner even though he has two more players on tap for Monday Night. RB Brandon Jacobs and Washington's defense are yet to play but it doesn't matter since Aaron Rodgers (34) and DeSean Jackson (21) have assured alwAysLOsing of victory. Brandon Jacobs added 4 to ALO's total while Washington's defense subtracted two.

This is how it looks:

It will be Huskymania vs. Beanpot for the League One Championship.

Jumpin' Jack Flash and Flug's Cardiac Kids will face off for third place.

alwAysLOsing will meet Greenville Mayhem for 5th place

DTBH vs. Donuts to decide the seventh spot.

Full 'o Beans League TWO:

hammertime 71 vs. Bo and the Boz 65 FINAL

Apparently Bo doesn't know fantasy in the playoffs because the team sucked peppermint sticks. Arian Foster (-1), Wes Welker (6), Tom Brady (6), Larry Fitzgerald (12), Ray Rice (11) and Mason Crosby (4) all underperformed for the Boz. hammertime pounded his way to victory behind the efforts of Mike Sims-Walker (16), TJ Houshmanetcetera and Cleveland's own Phil Dawson (12).

Lambdo's Air Show 102 vs. dirty hands 67 FINAL

The #2 seed, dirty hands, kicked off this battle with the opening shot of Peyton Manning (28), Reggie Wayne (19), Joseph Addai (6) and Indy's defense (3) to surge into a 56 point lead. Lambdo was not intimidated and mounted a counterattack with Aaron Rodgers (34) and company. Dirty hands would have done better finishing the game with Santa's reindeer because his players clearly didn't have their heads or hearts in the contest. The final score will be known once Quinton Ganther adds his points to the total for the Air Show. Monday Night: Ganther added 10 points to the Air Show total.

Consolation Round:

Choo Choo's 105 vs. Justin Hermouf 71 FINAL

What would Christmas be without a train under the Christmas tree? We won't have to find out because Choo Choo's are still chugging along. One of the few favored teams to win, Choo Choo's brought home the bacon in style. Maurice Jones-Drew (26), Philip Rivers (20) and Greg Jennings (18) were the stars. Justin Hermouf set his lineup and checked it twice but couldn't believe his eyes when it was over.

Beanpot 101 vs. Bermeck's Hicks-* 80 FINAL

Can Brandon Jacobs come up with 26 points against Washington tonight? If he does, it will be a Christmas miracle for Bermeck and a dark winter night for the favored Beanpot. Andre Johnson (22), Jamaal Charles (19), and Carson Palmer (18) turned up the heat for Beans. Even if this game were being played on 34th street it's not likely that Bermeck can pull this miracle out of Santa's bag. No Miracle on Monday Night: Jacobs added 4.

The final week of fantasy football for 2009 comes down to this:

hammertime vs Lambdo's Air Show for the trophy.

Bo and the Boz vs dirty hands to grab third.

Choo Choo's race Beanpot to grab 5th.

Justin Hermouf vs. Bermeck's Hicks for 7th place.

Raise a glass to all the winners! Good Luck, everyone! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and glorious holidays to everyone!

Flugel’s League 3: The Finals & Consolation Match-ups Are Set!

Playoffs

#1 Project Showtime 97

#4 Rice’s Ryders 63

Project Showtime got off to a nice start on Thursday Evening with 25 points from their superstar Dallas “In Chains” Clark. On Sunday, they received 20 points from Philip Rivers and 11 points apiece from the Texans Defense and Ray Rice. Even though they still await the performance of Quinton Ganther on Monday Night, the Ryders’ score is final. Therefore, Project Showtime has compiled enough points to bring their #1 seed into the finals. They will face #2 seed Victory Formation next weekend. Worth noting: the Ryders finished with 63 points where 18 came from Greg Jennings and 12 more came from Antonio Gates. They will face Believeland next weekend for the battle of 3rd place. This promises to be a very entertaining match-up between 2 teams that have proven how much they love to compete.

#2 Victory Formation 87

#3 Believeland 83

This is our version of a REMEMBER ME? BOWL. Hostility can either ignite ability into scoreboard production or it can fester into 1 gigantic distraction from the game plan. Last week’s outcome reminded me of a conversation between Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise in a great movie when Jack confidently asked the prosecuting attorney “ARE WE CLEAR?” What he didn’t expect was a reply that was even more confident at one-third the volume: “Crystal.” The movie was “A Few Good Men” which is exactly what both sides need this week. Believeland got off to a great start with 19 points from Reggie Wayne, 16 points from Mike Sims-Walker and 6 points from Joseph Addai. Unfortunately for them, Reggie Bush’s hamstring pull on Saturday Night put a damper on the way they were exceeding the scoring projections. On Sunday, Carson Palmer added 18 points and Adrian Peterson chipped 15 more for the hard fighting Believeland crew. But was it enough? Not quite. Victory Formation got a 21 point effort from DeSean Jackson, 19 points from Jamaal Charles, 14 points from Donovan McNabb and 12 from Larry Fitzgerald. This was enough to earn them a trip to the Championship Finals where they will face the #1 seeded Project Showtime. Get your VCRs, DVRs and TIVOs ready because this is going to be a good ole fashion shootout with a lot of big guns!

Consolation

#5 Waiting for Noodles 100

#8 Runn Uu OVer 56

Waiting for Noodles received 34 points from Aaron Rodgers, 24 points from Vincent Jackson and 14 points from Tim Hightower as they coasted to victory over Run Uu Over. Runn Uu Over had great performances from Steve Smith (25 points) and the Ravens Defense (18 points). Unfortunately Jay Cutler lost them 4 points playing Santa Claus to the opponent all day while Michael Turner’s day finished after 1 carry for a total of 0 points on his behalf. This is a final score so Waiting for Noodles will be playing Charlie’s Angels for 5th place next weekend. Meanwhile Runn Uu Over will compete with Dot the I for 7th place.

#6 Dot the I 49

#7 Charlie’s Angels 110

Another final score where the winner exceeded 100 points. Charlie’s Angels received 22 points apiece from the following players: Miles Austin, Anquan Boldin, and Andre Johnson to fly the Angels over the I. Rashard Mendenhall led the I with 18 points and Matt Schaub contributed another 11 as they came up short. Both teams are looking forward to playing 1 more week and securing bragging rights over their last opponent for the next 365 days.

Let the pigeons loose!

Above all,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

The Heidi Report:

::slurp:: (hot cocoa) (fyi, Heidi's under the weather)

My Helmet's 2Tight 87 Final

WPBDawgFan 67

Ballantyne Behemoths 94 Final

Doctors of Gridiron 85

FBrulz 83 Final

LCDawgfan13 89

BOHICA 117 Final

Timugen's Tool 115

The final week's game for the ho ho whole enchilada will be, LCDawgfan13 and Ballantyne Behemoths for the first place spot and FBrulz and Doctors of Gridiron for the 3rd place game. Good luck to each of you.

Consolation Games, for 5th place it will be My Helmet's 2Tight vs. BOHICA and the 7th place game consists of WPBDawgFan vs. Timugen's Tool.

The Toyota Biggest Fantasy Blowout was My Helmet's 2Tight over WPBDawgFan with a +20 points.

Merry Christmas Browns Board. Have a great final week and hope all the little good Brownie boys AND girls get their Fantasy Football wishes.

Thanks, Heidi! (Hope you feel better soon)

I had to update 2 scores that changed in League #3:

#1 Project Showtime 97

#4 Rice’s Ryders 63

#6 Dot the I 49

#7 Charlie’s Angels 110

Merry Christmas Folks!!!!

- Tom F.

Team DangeRuss is beginning to feel slightly hoodwinked here. Is it really possible that I finished as bad as I did, or is it the fact that Flugs could be pulling some Rooney type admin?

I feel like Hasselbeck after he was flagged for tackling a wittle Steeler defender too hard.

Team DangeRuss is beginning to feel slightly hoodwinked here. Is it really possible that I finished as bad as I did, or is it the fact that Flugs could be pulling some Rooney type admin?

I feel like Hasselbeck after he was flagged for tackling a wittle Steeler defender too hard.

It is about anger management buddy.........you with 68 accolades and me with none........and you with no trophies and me with 68

It is about anger management buddy.........you with 68 accolades and me with none........and you with no trophies and me with 68

dats cuz da ich have acumen dis side of Paul Brown.....gettin it correctamundo as usual as da herd stabs him in da back.....he haw

Archived