THE BROWNS BOARD

Holmgren New Browns President

dmoor

i hope he keeps the staff....i like the heart the've showed in the last three games...I attribute a great deal to coaching... just don't let EM near the draft picks. ;)

Solon....did you even watch the incredible display of awesomeness that was alex mack on sunday.....let mangini pick everything but the 2nd round and well be fine hahaha

basically randy lerner doing what he realized he should've done last winter and is hiring someone to hire a GM and staff instead of hiring the head coach first and building around him.....what most people thought we were gonna do with Scott Pioli. I think we should give Mangini another year to be fair, but if there's a distinct difference in philosophy between Holmgren and Mangini then they might get rid of Mangini for the sake of 'sooner rather than later.'

From clevelandbrowns.com

Holmgren agrees to join Browns

The Cleveland Browns announced today that Mike Holmgren has agreed to become club President. The team also has announced that Mike Keenan will transition to the role of Chief Financial Officer.

"We are pleased to announce that Mike Holmgren has agreed to join the Cleveland Browns," said Owner Randy Lerner. "We will spend the rest of the week finalizing the details of the agreement and will make a formal announcement next week, at which time we will make him available to the media."

I hope your right

The announcement has been somewhat anticlimactic. I do feel better that there will be an additional knowledgeable person involved in preparation for the draft.

i hope he keeps the staff....i like the heart the've showed in the last three games...I attribute a great deal to coaching... just don't let EM near the draft picks. ;)

i agree.....been a big upswing on the field especially in effort and fundamentals....Holmgren will see this in his evals

2 more games for EM to display his team in works and progress made..

EM may be better able to subordinate himself to Holmgren than previous pres....EM would not check his ego with kokonis(sic)

EM would be a fool to try and butt heads over any football philosophies with MH...he is a proven winner

This MH hire i feel will be seen as a milestone in the Browns reclaiming their lost glory...

Folks,

ANY change is an unknown, but here are my thoughts. We finally have a "Top Gun" with a solid & successful football background. That buys instant credibility...with me as a fan, with the media, coaches, & with players (particularly potential free agents). We can, at the very least, trust decisions will be made from a "football" perspective from a man who has proven his knowledge of the game.

Personally, I would like to see Mangini have another year, but if Holmgren chooses not to go in that direction, I'm good with his decision. This is BY FAR the most solid move the Browns have made since coming back. We now have the foundation...it's time to build the house!

I am obviously a HUGE fan of this move.

Mike

I think this is a great move actually, but I think Mangini's also did a decent job the last couple games. But I think getting Holmgreen would be a better move for the long run. Good for the Browns, we'll have 4 competitive teams in the AFC North as we go forward, as a Ravens fan I am scared to say the least.

I would be surprised if Holmgren gets rid of Mangini.

He is a coach....and knows what is going on...it can't be dne in a year....plus, Mangini buys him time.

If it is still not working in a year or two, he can fire him then and say he was never really his choice.

That and it is still going to take some time. Who is coaching here and now isn't going to make a big difference.

I could see him wanting to change some of the staff.

Rather mangini stays or not isnt as important as getting this organization as a whole back on track..i will support whatever the walrus and his undisclosed GM decide is the best direction for this club..there is a fair argument to keep mangini as well as a fair argument not to ,for an offensive/QB guru like holmgren i can see where mangini falls way short on the otherhand mangini has made the team believe in themselves again and has installed discipline and grit and seems to be turning them around in a short time period...

I say if the walrus can get chucky for GM and coach...so be it bye bye mangini if not we should keep mangini as long as he is willing to be a team player in actually improving the offense as a whole and we should say goodbye to dumbo and hello to a real OC for starters! ;)

Folks,

ANY change is an unknown, but here are my thoughts. We finally have a "Top Gun" with a solid & successful football background. That buys instant credibility...with me as a fan, with the media, coaches, & with players (particularly potential free agents). We can, at the very least, trust decisions will be made from a "football" perspective from a man who has proven his knowledge of the game.

Personally, I would like to see Mangini have another year, but if Holmgren chooses not to go in that direction, I'm good with his decision. This is BY FAR the most solid move the Browns have made since coming back. We now have the foundation...it's time to build the house!

I am obviously a HUGE fan of this move.

Mike

Actually this is the BY FAR the biggest move the Browns have EVER made. We went from never hiring a proven coach in team history, to hiring Mangini who had some experience to hiring Holmgren who's had about 25+ years in the NFL.

I say if the walrus can get chucky for GM and coach...so be it bye bye mangini if not we should keep mangini as long as he is willing to be a team player in actually improving the offense as a whole and we should say goodbye to dumbo and hello to a real OC for starters!

What is it with your infatuation with Jon Gruden?

Solon....did you even watch the incredible display of awesomeness that was alex mack on sunday.....let mangini pick everything but the 2nd round and well be fine hahaha

Yes...and to take a center with your first pick in the draft he better be a probowler for a long long time...:)

Seriously, If your Mike Holmgren you surely better consider how the team views its head coach, what did this team look like last year at this time and what they look like now.They will have more then double their sack total from last year..discipline is the best its been in 5 years..our roster now has serious depth..Mangini gets credit for all of this and to boot he did it in 13 games...More importantly the big enchilada in the room is whether Mike thinks Brady Quinn is good enough to lead them to a championship.West coast..Pro Set whatever we run, is Quinn a QB that can lead us to a SB with his current ability.

LMAO at Zorn on MNF, wtf was that "swinging gate" play at the end of the half?? I'm still not sure I can believe what I saw lol

can anybody honestly say that zorn would be as asset to the Browns after that display on MNF?

Wouldn't surprise me if Allen shit cans him today

Archived