THE BROWNS BOARD

Randy Lerner appreciation thread

PlayoffsIN09

Lets give credit where credit is due! He got our man and proved he wants to WIN. Three cheers for Randy...HIP HIP...

...HOORAY!!

Kudos to Randy for getting it right this time. I believe he has always cared but made some questionable decisions. This time he came through in the clutch.

Mike

Lets give credit where credit is due! He got our man and proved he wants to WIN. Three cheers for Randy...HIP HIP...

The more important question is whether Holmgren was given full authority or whether a condition of a $10 million a year salary is keeping Mangini on so that Lerner can save some face. Lerner's made some major embarrassing moves and having a successful Mangini could be a major ego-related issue for Lerner.

And as much as Holmgren wants to win with only his people, if it were me I'd let Mickey Mouse play QB if an owner wanted me to and was willing to give me $10 million a season.

If Lerner didn't give Holmgren full authority and Lerner continues to make important decisions then this was no better than any of his previous decisions.

The more important question is whether Holmgren was given full authority or whether a condition of a $10 million a year salary is keeping Mangini on so that Lerner can save some face. Lerner's made some major embarrassing moves and having a successful Mangini could be a major ego-related issue for Lerner.

And as much as Holmgren wants to win with only his people, if it were me I'd let Mickey Mouse play QB if an owner wanted me to and was willing to give me $10 million a season.

If Lerner didn't give Holmgren full authority and Lerner continues to make important decisions then this was no better than any of his previous decisions.

no one cares what you think, that Pats board is that ----> way.

At least he grew a pair this year and didn't hire somebody after 1 interview. Props on that Randy.

Of course some are wondering why he didn't wait until the end of the season when he could make an offer to someone with MORE of a proven track record like Bill Parcells - but I tend to think that some feelers were sent out towards Miami regardless, and it became apparent to Lerner that Holmgren was the best available choice. Assuming Lerner's going to STFU and let Holmgren do what he was hired to do I think this is a very good move.

Lerner had to have given him full authority otherwise he wouldve said no to us just like he said to seattle. So I dont think thats a stipulation. Now what would you say if Holmgren keeps Mangini and they do well together? will you disappear or will you hang out and enjoy watching the browns win?

Lerner had to have given him full authority otherwise he wouldve said no to us just like he said to seattle. So I dont think thats a stipulation. Now what would you say if Holmgren keeps Mangini and they do well together? will you disappear or will you hang out and enjoy watching the browns win?

he's not a Browns fan, and if he claims he is, he's a fraud of one.

Haha i knew that was coming Zombo... Can we get an american version of this recorded? maybe 80s glam rock style? Where arew our resident musicians?...ill cover bass if need be.

"Randy Lerner ... He came to save us"

Maybe the best line in the whole tune, and so very appropriate at this time of year.

Zombo

It's amazing the ferocity in which so many Browns fans are deluding themselves into thinking that Mangini has been a great coach and has now turned things around - and are lobbying for him to be coach here next year.

These same Mangini supporters will likely change their tune once Holmgren brings his own coaches in, as they don't seem to have an ability to objectively see that Mangini has been a disaster and have a knee-jerk response to think that everything the existing coach has done and is doing is part of some "genius" master plan... all they seem to do is mindlessly support whoever is sitting in the head coach's chair.

I'm sure Holmgren realizes that if Mangini (and his hand-picked GM) had been doing a good job he (Holmgren) wouldn't be here in the first place.

The good news is that if all these "fans" can eat some crow once Mangini is fired, they'll realize that NOW they truly have a fresh start, with a respected GM and respected coach and an organization that NFL players actually want to play for... that they don't ONLY have to re-build this team through the draft since free agents don't want to play for Mangini.

When a hard working guy like Jamal Lewis speaks up and fans blast him, something's wrong (and something is also wrong when a guy like Jamal Lewis feels that he NEEDS to speak up).

The Browns are a historic franchise and football is not the same with this organization being a shell of its former self. There's going to be a lot of excitement once Holmgren begins making some changes, and even though the Mangini supporters might have to eat their words, it will be a good thing to see Cleveland enjoy the optimism and excitement that Mangini and his hand-picked GM never brought with them.

Archived