THE BROWNS BOARD

Mike Holmgren's first challenge? Is Eric Mangini the right choice on the sidelines

peterbell

I will be disappointed in Lerner if he gave te keys to Holmgren and didn't say "One small condition, EM has worked his ass off taking a mess and turning it into a disciplined team, with 11 draft picks and cap room. Work with him, at least for a year, and see if you can bridge your philosophies. If after a year, it still doesn't work, then the decision is for you to make.

That's what I would have done. I know there is no loyalty in the NFL business world ...but most people are not ruthless. They don't throw deserving people under a bus unless it is absolutely necessary, and they at least make an effort to keep thier promises. I sincerely hope that the evaluation of EM is a fair process.

It would be insane to dump Mangini... ive noticed a trend of fewer penalties in the last few games, can you imagine what rob ryan could do if he had impact defensive players?

The offense has rookie skill players Momass is not a true number one reciever...... stuckey is a number three.... Robo any one seen robo....bueller, bueller.... Tight ends... well we got some new guy in the last couple of weeks,, some number two reciever who ran someone over drunk..... Furrey who is playing both ways.... Harrison (he had a good game but really the Oline had a great game) seems to suddenly come on... but consistently? we dont know....

tons of draft picks and and cap space.... how many players did Mangini cut that were on the team that are now totally out of the NFL? A TON.... he cleaned house set up a draft and free agency for year tow, installed decispline in one of the most undisciplined franchise in the NFL..... Honestly 3 games maybe 4 games this year matches last year and with all the house cleaning and rooks, imports..... I have to say I like the direction we seem to be going in....

:lol: Exactly. ESPN has killed Mangini's reputation with the world. If you knew how professional sports were ran, and how a football dynasty should be built - you'd agree with EVERY decision Mangini has made. And I have.

Mangini killed his own reputation - except for Boy Lerner - when his team quit on him during last season's playoff run.

He is out of Cleveland and I will be very happy to see him go.

Just for the record...............

:lol: Exactly. ESPN has killed Mangini's reputation with the world. If you knew how professional sports were ran, and how a football dynasty should be built - you'd agree with EVERY decision Mangini has made. And I have.

EXCEPT for sticking with jamal lewis for so long (as opposed to james davis, harrison, even jennings...) but even some of that was a smart move politically.

but you guys are right.

i'm really not concerned that Holmgren will dump mangini. am I the only one that's confident?

Archived