THE BROWNS BOARD

Great now quinn to IR

DestinFunk

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we can see Brett Ratliff behind the center. DA has showed us what he can do we need to look at Ratliff and then we can throw in the water boy when Ratliff gets beat up.

Just run the ball, we dont need long punt/interceptions

Derek Anderson will start Sunday against the Raiders. Brett Ratliff will be the No. 2 and Josh Cribbs will be the No. 3.

Quinn went 2-7 as a starter this season, and is the NFL's 26th ranked quarterback with a 67.2 rating. Anderson went 1-4 this season with a dismal 36.2 rating

Oh Shit!

Cleveland Browns' Brady Quinn on IR for season

By Mary Kay Cabot

December 22, 2009, 10:38AM

Associated PressBrady QuinnBEREA, Ohio -- Browns quarterback Brady Quinn has been placed on injured reserve with a right foot injury sustained on his 24 yard run at the end of Sunday's 41-34 victory over Kansas City and will be lost for the season.

"It's going to take a little while (to heal),'' said coach Eric Mangini.

He said he's not yet certain if he'll undergo surgery.

Derek Anderson will start Sunday against the Raiders. Brett Ratliff will be the No. 2 and Josh Cribbs will be the No. 3.

Quinn went 2-7 as a starter this season, and is the NFL's 26th ranked quarterback with a 67.2 rating. Anderson went 1-4 this season with a dismal 36.2 rating.

It's the second straight season Quinn will finish the season in IR. "He's done a lot of good things,'' said Mangini. "I think the no-huddle helped him and helped us.''

Cleveland Browns' Brady Quinn on IR for season

By Mary Kay Cabot

December 22, 2009, 10:38AM

"He's done a lot of good things,'' said Mangini.

I believe this statement tells us where we are at QB for the next season.

come on stan...while his passing has been pretty lame at best..he did pull off quite a few plays with his feet ( apitch to harrison) a first down on 4th & 1 on a fake and of course the injury scamper... and i was also a fan of the hurry up to save the stuckey call early on from being over turned by a challenge... if he gets on the same page and throws with more command and accuracy all is well...

one thing im confident about is Holgren and QBs....he will get a guy in that position that can deliver ..he always has..

come on stan...while his passing has been pretty lame at best..he did pull off quite a few plays with his feet ( apitch to harrison) a first down on 4th & 1 on a fake and of course the injury scamper... and i was also a fan of the hurry up to save the stuckey call early on from being over turned by a challenge... if he gets on the same page and throws with more command and accuracy all is well...

one thing im confident about is Holgren and QBs....he will get a guy in that position that can deliver ..he always has..

So does Queen have injury issues?

two seasons in a row he's put on IR

2/3 of his seasons he's been put on IR

But you must ask yourself..could DA have pulled off those plays with his feet?..and lets not go back to Da's first ever start against KC where he ran for a large gain..that was as bad as seeing Bernie against the broncos back in the early 90s...UGLY ;)

IN OTHER NEWS:

Today's Headline in the Oakland Tribune:

Raiders sticking with Frye (despite possible concussion)

Oakland Raiders starting quarterback Charlie Frye may have suffered a concussion toward the end of the upset victory against the Denver Broncos, but the word is that head coach Tom Cable wants to stick with Frye next week, anyway, according to the Oakland Tribune.

And that's true even though the recently benched quarterback JaMarcus Russell was the one who came in and scored the winning touchdown in the game. Cable appears to have no confidence in Russell right now and is supposedly planning on starting Frye next weekend if the doctors say his head is in OK enough shape to put it on the field.

Russell got himself a game ball afterward for his work in the upset but he'll have to put that one into his treasure box to help inspire him toward better things next season when he is likely going to be with another team if things continue the way they are going.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm scared ....

It's ok guys ... we can still get production on the ground from our QB (whew, I was worried there for a moment).

Anderson has 5 rushing TD's to Quinn's 1, and Anderson has a career long 33yrd scamper to Quinns 14-yrder.

The day is saved!

Im starting to think Mangini is just giving Ratliff a paycheck for doing nothing. Kind of like a family favor. Why would you start DA knowing he sucks when you have Ratliff who also sucks but hasnt played a down in a regular season game to show everyone how bad he sucks. I would much rather see Cribbs and Ratliff qb then Anderson to be honest.

Ratliff should start. There is absolutely no reason to see anymore of DA in a Browns uniform, he will go down as one of the all time worst in franchise history.

I remember when DA was given credit for any semblance of a running game when he was putting up abysmal numbers. Don't be so quick to hate on Quinn's stats when for the most part he has taken care of the football and overseen a solid running game. His game management has been light years ahead of DA. This injury sucks in his development, it would have been nice to see a couple more games under his belt. This team just can't finish a season with their starter at QB.

Archived