THE BROWNS BOARD

Just when everything in the world seems perfect

TheClevelandSound

Brady Quinn placed on IR is going to lead to a series of unfortunate events in Cleveland. First, DA will go 4/19 for 54 yards and 2 picks against the Oakland Raiders. Then, DA will still start the final game against the Jaguars, going 7/23 for 108 yards and 1 pick. This will have Mike Holmgren looking at a distorted picture of the Cleveland Browns franchise. He will fire Mangini because of the terrible Quarterback, not for his coaching. He will rid of Daboll, which I am all for. Rob Ryan will stay (hopefully). We will draft Jimmy Clausen...ew. We will trade Brady Quinn in the offseason. And all of these events breaks the entire structure of the rebuilding that has proven to me successful so far. Not to mention our last two games will be blacked out. Any news on that yet by the way?

Regardless, this little event will change alot of things. And I am very nervous.

Brady Quinn placed on IR is going to lead to a series of unfortunate events in Cleveland. First, DA will go 4/19 for 54 yards and 2 picks against the Oakland Raiders. Then, DA will still start the final game against the Jaguars, going 7/23 for 108 yards and 1 pick. This will have Mike Holmgren looking at a distorted picture of the Cleveland Browns franchise. He will fire Mangini because of the terrible Quarterback, not for his coaching. He will rid of Daboll, which I am all for. Rob Ryan will stay (hopefully). We will draft Jimmy Clausen...ew. We will trade Brady Quinn in the offseason. And all of these events breaks the entire structure of the rebuilding that has proven to me successful so far. Not to mention our last two games will be blacked out. Any news on that yet by the way?

Regardless, this little event will change alot of things. And I am very nervous.

D.A can hand the ball off as well as BQ.

Face it they both suck and wont be here next year.

D.A can hand the ball off as well as BQ.

Face it they both suck and wont be here next year.

There is definitely the possibility that neither QB will be here next year be ,but its hard to judge either with the WRs and TEs we have and its possible BQ will return but DA is overpaid and may not ,its all part of randys soap opera "as the browns world turns" ...;)

BQ did not look all that confident against Kansas City either. if the running game is still that effective then expect Daboll to play run run run.

I dont think Mangini will be evaluated based on the last two games, but rather the whole season. Mike Holmgren has been here in the big picture longer than any of us and probably knows the situation better too. We are the rookies, not him.

Why do u think we would go for Jimmy Clausen ? Why do you think we would trade Brady Quinn ? I dont see us passing Suh or Berry if they were there. Also I see us shopping for a veteran QB , not a rookie again.

You've got to be kidding Me!

You don't think a guy who ended our losing streak has more TDs than Ints for his career, and has acted like a total man through all the bullshit that he wasn't able to control but effected him can not lead this team as well as BQ.

This is the mentallity of Brady Quinn fans first and Browns fans second. Most of DA fans would love to see any QB for this team succeed with BQ fans its a one way street.

BQ got 9 or so starts and their is plenty of footage of him and most of it has been while the team is playing better like the last 3 or 4 games. Now DA gets the last two starts which would give him 7 or so starts. The last 2 with the team playing the way it is now. Sounds like a guy that is scared that DA just might succed. You never know Holmgrem might chose DA or BQ or another. who cares the team is playing inspite of mangini right now. Mangini needs someone to coral him this answering to no one cause he suckin off learner. This is a structured move that should of been done a long time ago. Start at the very top let him hire GM and coach and so on... If you think this is anything but a good situation then you might as well go play golf with Matt Millen.

I was right about Jerome Harrison when everyone called me an idiot so i don't think i am out of line with my Opinion!

trust me fella. I would love for Derek Anderson to succeed. Anything for us to win.

Im afraid of us losing out. You havent takent the time to see my outlook correctly.

*edit* sorry for being so polite...I just got a chance to look at your other threads. You are a dumbfuccckkk. Please rid yourself of this board.

trust me fella. I would love for Derek Anderson to succeed. Anything for us to win.

Im afraid of us losing out. You havent takent the time to see my outlook correctly.

*edit* sorry for being so polite...I just got a chance to look at your other threads. You are a dumbfuccckkk. Please rid yourself of this board.

Yea and i see everyone just lining up to reply to your blog dude

cdl, you're a stupid peice of shit. You claim everyone else is a BQ fan first, Browns fan second; and yet you're the one preaching about DA's god-like abilities and how he should have started all along. You're a waste of xxxxing space. You obviously can't take a hint, so let me spell it out for you.

You. are. a. peice. of. shit. that. nobody. takes. seriously.

You. had. nothing. to. post. about. until. BQ. went. on. IR.

Now. go. the. xxxx. away.

What he said.....

You've got to be kidding Me!

You don't think a guy who ended our losing streak has more TDs than Ints for his career, and has acted like a total man through all the bullshit that he wasn't able to control but effected him can not lead this team as well as BQ.

This is the mentallity of Brady Quinn fans first and Browns fans second. Most of DA fans would love to see any QB for this team succeed with BQ fans its a one way street.

BQ got 9 or so starts and their is plenty of footage of him and most of it has been while the team is playing better like the last 3 or 4 games. Now DA gets the last two starts which would give him 7 or so starts. The last 2 with the team playing the way it is now. Sounds like a guy that is scared that DA just might succed. You never know Holmgrem might chose DA or BQ or another. who cares the team is playing inspite of mangini right now. Mangini needs someone to coral him this answering to no one cause he suckin off learner. This is a structured move that should of been done a long time ago. Start at the very top let him hire GM and coach and so on... If you think this is anything but a good situation then you might as well go play golf with Matt Millen.

I was right about Jerome Harrison when everyone called me an idiot so i don't think i am out of line with my Opinion!

Its not a DA or BQ thing. Its the bigger picture.

He is concerned that whatever positive momentum we were starting to build would be taken away from this team. Maybe Mangini is on to something.

And I am a little concerned.

i feel like you're being way too pessimistic.

Wow, you are worried about a QB doing worse than 70 yards passing with two picks?

The question is can DA manage the no-huddle and how much has Quinn been doing at the line of scrimmage.

Two weeks in a row we've been mauling teams who are putting 8-9 guys in the box. We ran all over the #1 run defense in the NFL on a night where we couldn't complete a pass to save our lives. All of Quinn's yardage came on two one-handed grabs. Last week Mack and his buddies inside were absolutely gashing KC. There were a number of times where Mack, by himself drove a DL 10-15 yards backwards. The holes for Harrison were absolutely unreal. KC KNEW we were going to run the ball and couldn't stop it. I think it's obvious that Carl Smith's fingerprints have been all over this offense for the last few weeks.

Wow, you are worried about a QB doing worse than 70 yards passing with two picks?

The question is can DA manage the no-huddle and how much has Quinn been doing at the line of scrimmage.

Two weeks in a row we've been mauling teams who are putting 8-9 guys in the box. We ran all over the #1 run defense in the NFL on a night where we couldn't complete a pass to save our lives. All of Quinn's yardage came on two one-handed grabs. Last week Mack and his buddies inside were absolutely gashing KC. There were a number of times where Mack, by himself drove a DL 10-15 yards backwards. The holes for Harrison were absolutely unreal. KC KNEW we were going to run the ball and couldn't stop it. I think it's obvious that Carl Smith's fingerprints have been all over this offense for the last few weeks.

Very good point! Look what the Jets are doing with Mangini's team. That team was built by Mangini to run the ball and they do it 60% of the time and is still affective. Now, Mangini is putting that philosophy together here and it seems to be working wonders. Cleveland Browns football has never been successful without a running game. In fact, nobody has been successful without a running game. This is called an "identity" which we so desperatley needed here for a long time.

Why be worried about DA doing worse than 70 yards and two picks?

Because he's done it twice this year (if we're going by rating), did just slightly better in two more games, and hasn't had one game of 70+ rating on the season.

Archived