THE BROWNS BOARD

LOYAL DA BROWNS FAN

cdl15

Wow, God forbid someone posts in light of a Cleveland Browns that plays the same position as boy wonder. Unreal treatment.

I'm with the OP, I'm pulling for DA because he wears orange and brown, just as I pull for any Cleveland Brown.

dumbasses.

I'm pulling for DA too. I don't dislike the guy. I just realize he's extremely hit or miss.... and most of the time he misses. I hope he kicks the shit out of Chaz Frye on Sunday.

By the way, you're the only one calling BQ "boy wonder".

I'm pulling for DA too. I don't dislike the guy. I just realize he's extremely hit or miss.... and most of the time he misses. I hope he kicks the shit out of Chaz Frye on Sunday.

By the way, you're the only one calling BQ "boy wonder".

Derek Anderson has won more games and thrown for more TD's in one season than Brady Quinn may win or throw in his entire career. Until he surpasses that mark, I wouldn't be seriously downing one over the other.

In that regards, boy wonder fits.

No loyalty in this site. This town has booed DA when he got hurt and now they are already predicting horrible stats and if he does well there already making excuses why if he wins. guaranteed he does better than 66 yrds with a running back that gets 286 yrds

No layalty? Why because we want what's best for our team? I know DA sucks just as much as I know BQ sucks. But both of those choices are all that we have. I bet anyone on this site could careless if a monkey was playing the role of QB as long as we win games. Winning is all that matters not who the qb is. You say there is no loyalty but your coming in here bashing one qb while trying to make the other one look like a god. Isnt that the same thing as one of us bashing DA and rooting for BQ that you claim were not loyal to the Browns for doing?

No layalty? Why because we want what's best for our team? I know DA sucks just as much as I know BQ sucks. But both of those choices are all that we have. I bet anyone on this site could careless if a monkey was playing the role of QB as long as we win games. Winning is all that matters not who the qb is. You say there is no loyalty but your coming in here bashing one qb while trying to make the other one look like a god. Isnt that the same thing as one of us bashing DA and rooting for BQ that you claim were not loyal to the Browns for doing?

If guaranteeing DA can beat 66 yards is making him into a god... you really need higher standards.

Derek Anderson has won more games and thrown for more TD's in one season than Brady Quinn may win or throw in his entire career. Until he surpasses that mark, I wouldn't be seriously downing one over the other.

In that regards, boy wonder fits.

problem is stan... you will root for DA because he is wearing orange and brown as you say, but you wont root for Quinn for the same reason...

dont lie dude, do you honestly root for Quinn when he plays? or do you hope for games like this sunday when everyone else does the work to get the W?

Because Im not gonna lie, this sunday im rooting for everyone on our team except DA, I hope we smash the raiders, I just hope that in that process DA plays like shit so that managment doesnt even think about putting him into a QB competition next year.

I remember earlier in the season you defended DA in the Bills game and said that at least he got us the W... do you say the same things for Quinn when we get the W? Just wondering

problem is stan... you will root for DA because he is wearing orange and brown as you say, but you wont root for Quinn for the same reason...

dont lie dude, do you honestly root for Quinn when he plays? or do you hope for games like this sunday when everyone else does the work to get the W?

Because Im not gonna lie, this sunday im rooting for everyone on our team except DA, I hope we smash the raiders, I just hope that in that process DA plays like shit so that managment doesnt even think about putting him into a QB competition next year.

I remember earlier in the season you defended DA in the Bills game and said that at least he got us the W... do you say the same things for Quinn when we get the W? Just wondering

Dude, give back your fan card. You root for team. That means EVERYONE wearing our uniform.

My actions speak for themselves. Your statements above about rooting for everyone on the team except DA are weak as hell. You suck as a fan, I hope you jump ship in the off-season.

My actions speak for themselves. Your statements above about rooting for everyone on the team except DA are weak as hell. You suck as a fan, I hope you jump ship in the off-season.

I agree. Stan is one of the most true die-hard Browns fans I know. We're both old-timers from the old AOL boards and through several private board incarnations until Stan created this one several years ago. I don't always agree with Stan, but when the Browns strap up and cross the grid iron, he roots for the Browns. Not names. That I do agree with.

If Brady Quinn were to do well consistently, Stan, as I, would be his biggest supporter (is Stan athletic?)

this is really shitty playground...you root for all of the players if you're a fan of a team.

I root for anyone who is a brown, so I want Anderson to have the best game possible.

Anderson throws more yards, more tds, but has more mistakes, and more turn overs. Him and Jay Cutler are pretty much the same player.

Quinn doesn't have as many mistakes, makes smart decisions, but is bad at passing and maintaining drives. Tim Couch?

its no.t about the qb in these types of wins. if im not mistaking jamal had the last 100 yd game of his career against buffalo. in these types of wins the qb does deserve some type of credit no matter how bad he plays.

Neither one of these two qbs have had a consistant running game to offset the occasional bad game or a shitty weather game. To much blame has been put on both these guys who did nothing more than watch the team around them fall apart and underachieve. Don't think either qb deserves the roasting they've gone thru.

I'd never wish the types of performances like buffalo and kansas city on ANY cleveland qb....well maybe jeff garcia that guy was our TO.

I root for anyone who is a brown, so I want Anderson to have the best game possible.

Anderson throws more yards, more tds, but has more mistakes, and more turn overs. Him and Jay Cutler are pretty much the same player.

Quinn doesn't have as many mistakes, makes smart decisions, but is bad at passing and maintaining drives. Tim Couch?

the more your team does for you and the more mistakes a qb can make look at 07.

even the greats in the game today throw 10 - 20 picks. Difference is that their team doesn't put them into the position where the percentages go up to throw a pick.

How many times do you see Payton go out and hand the ball off, and a holding penalty on a running play that only goes for a yard. then on 2nd and 20 reggie wayne drops a pass that would get you back to the original line of scrimage and maybe more. Thats only one scenario i see alot since weve come back. Or third and short and the defense pins their ears back cause they know we are not running and if we do a simple 4 man rush will do

i hated garcia but the guy was in pro bowls before and after the browns but his last year, his only year, everyone thought he was done

all I know is DA is probably going to light it up on Sunday with a "nothing to lose" attitude. Unfortunately it will not make a difference in the quarterback controversy for 2010. If anyone is going to stick around, it will be Quinn with a Veteran brought in as a safety net. Holmgren is not a stupid man and is going to play the odds properly. A Quarterback with 3 potential years left who can win games with his arm once in a while, has above average smarts and perhaps can teach Quinn a few things. If Quinn reacts positively, he may be given another chance next season. If not, then the draft in 2011 will be the target with Quinn moving on or resolving to be a backup in this league.

No sense drafting a QB next spring as there are way too many other holes to fill and a potential young starter still on the roster. I am sorry for DA but he has shown too much of what he has in his arsenal and it is not nearly good enough. I wish that were not true as he is exciting when he is on but...

Neither QB has had a supporting cast but at least it has been fair and equal.

I am interested to see if they run a no huddle this weekend. That would tell us a lot about who Mangini thinks can run this offense moving forward.

all I know is DA is probably going to light it up on Sunday with a "nothing to lose" attitude. Unfortunately it will not make a difference in the quarterback controversy for 2010. If anyone is going to stick around, it will be Quinn with a Veteran brought in as a safety net. Holmgren is not a stupid man and is going to play the odds properly. A Quarterback with 3 potential years left who can win games with his arm once in a while, has above average smarts and perhaps can teach Quinn a few things. If Quinn reacts positively, he may be given another chance next season. If not, then the draft in 2011 will be the target with Quinn moving on or resolving to be a backup in this league.

No sense drafting a QB next spring as there are way too many other holes to fill and a potential young starter still on the roster. I am sorry for DA but he has shown too much of what he has in his arsenal and it is not nearly good enough. I wish that were not true as he is exciting when he is on but...

Neither QB has had a supporting cast but at least it has been fair and equal.

I am interested to see if they run a no huddle this weekend. That would tell us a lot about who Mangini thinks can run this offense moving forward.

I dont think Mangini ever believed in Quinn... the hook that quick in the Baltimore game stinks that he only started quinn because it was in his best personal interest to start the Fan (crazy jersey selling) darling who "never got a fair shot under Crennel" than to hole himself with hot/cold Anderson.......

see.. thats why I say I wont root for DA. I am a fan... and thats why I wont do it.. I dont want to see our franchise be torn down by his inevitable shitty play in the future, if he plays well, his name is back in the mix and I cant have that happen. I want my Browns to win!!! And I am stating that there is no possible way we can get ANYWHERE with DA, I want him out.

see.. thats why I say I wont root for DA. I am a fan... and thats why I wont do it.. I dont want to see our franchise be torn down by his inevitable shitty play in the future, if he plays well, his name is back in the mix and I cant have that happen. I want my Browns to win!!! And I am stating that there is no possible way we can get ANYWHERE with DA, I want him out.

The Browns won 10 games 2 years ago with good consistent skill players two years ago with DA saddled with a terrible defense........ The kid has won...... Last year EVERYTHING went wrong from injuries to inconsistent skill players (Braylon) horrible offensive scheming/coaching etc This year was house cleaning new management and systems and dealing with the Quinn PR problem....

The Browns won 10 games 2 years ago with good consistent skill players two years ago with DA saddled with a terrible defense........ The kid has won...... Last year EVERYTHING went wrong from injuries to inconsistent skill players (Braylon) horrible offensive scheming/coaching etc This year was house cleaning new management and systems and dealing with the Quinn PR problem....

Two years ago was two years ago. DA's detractors (and I am one) have pointed out- defensive coordinators in the NFL are a smart lot. They long ago figured out DA has only one pitch- a 100 mph fastball, and he can't throw a touch pass to save his life. Take away the deep stuff, and watch him throw rockets in the dirt, 10 feet over outlet rbs heads- behind them- in front of them, & toss it so hard Jerry Rice would have trouble hanging on to it in the unlikely event it's on target. Add in Anderson approaches an end of career Bernie Kosar in immobility so defenses can blitz the hell out of him, so actually no need to even worry about the deep stuff- because by the time the receiver can run a 30 yard route, DA's eating turf, and he's too slow in his progressions to find the hot outlet.

When are the DA supporters going to admit their guy is another Scott Mitchell, who also parlayed one great season into a fat contract. BTW, DA's gone after the year- I goldurn guarantee it. He's owed an insane roster bonus ($7 million IIRC), and there's no way in hell the Browns are going to pay it, even if by some miracle DA manages to win the last two games.

PS the Raiders have a mighty good secondary- unless Harrison's got another 300 yard performance in him, the over\under on DA picks is three.

Wow, there are still people that have a DA fetish based on two years ago and the worst schedule in history, combined with Winslow, Edwards and JJ making circus catches and probably the best oline in the league.

Here's something: DA blows, mmmkay?

No loyalty in this site. This town has booed DA when he got hurt and now they are already predicting horrible stats and if he does well there already making excuses why if he wins. guaranteed he does better than 66 yrds with a running back that gets 286 yrds

We're not REALLY starting him over the waterboy - are we?

Even Lummy QUIT on that poor guy.

- Tom F.

blah blah bla bla, blah bla bla bla

truthfully, who here wants DA on the roster next year?

If we can get good receivers then i dont see why not.

DAs throws always seems to reach his target. He seldom over shoots or undershoots and if we have WR's and TE's tht can make those catches then we can have a very potent passing game that could also open up the running game. I dont mind having DA as the #2 when we have a valid #1.

Whatever happened to ol Lumburg? I was certain that he would show when Quinn was placed on IR

Good question Lister! I think Riffer needs to break out the guitar after a few beers and fill us in musically.

Aside from that, the Junior Varsity version of OSU out West just lost so we're playing a little more hides and no seeksies! Now that they're better at beating USC in the absence of Dumb Ass, we'll prolly see him the next time the JVs take down SC.

- Tom F.

Archived