THE BROWNS BOARD

You know what's funny?

Carolina Brownie

It is funny 2 wins against other struggling teams and many declare the process is working..i still dont buy mangini's process both games were the players playing for their own survival in the league and dumb luck that the run worked after they shut passing the ball down..i need far more then 2 late wins against crippled opponents to convince me "the process" is working...i believe it is not and is quite broke..

But in fairness i wouldnt mind seeing mangini get another year to prove how broke it is..but it would be a waste of our time..

I remember a few weeks ago almost everyone on this board was calling for Mangini's head, but ever since we have won two games in a row everyone is praising him.

What if we were 1-13 and had lost to the Steelers/Cheifs?

Why is that so funny? I've supported Mangini from the start, and haven't really waivered. Not because I'm convinced he's a great coach.....but because I'm not conviced that he isn't a great coach....yet. He has not had a fair chance to prove himself. The reason a lot of people are changing their minds, is because we are seeing improvement. There is nothing wrong with the guys that post here who wanted his ass gone 2 weeks ago, but now want him to stay another season. We're not all geniuses here. At the beginning of the season, I was more inclined to think that DA was the answer at qb. I wasn't anti BQ, but I thought with a little polishing, DA would be the guy. Man was I full of crap, or what? There's nothing wrong with not being right all the time....at least that's what I've heard. I really wouldn't know first hand.(Joking)

people are turning around because they are seeing progress. its that simple, some of us knew we would have a season thats this bad before we made progress. most people however wanted instant results and were calling for his head right away. now that they are seeing progress, they are blowing the other direction.

Earlier in the season I stated that it will take Mangini atleast 6 games to figure out what he has as far as a team. To know each players strengths and weaknesses.

What he does after that is on his shoulders and he bears all responsibility.

I've criticized Mangini pretty harshly, even if I've kept it off the board here. I'm still far from sold on him, but I hope those who are warming to him are not doing it based solely on two wins. In my opinion, it's the past five games that are crucial.

1. In the past five games, the Browns have won 2 and lost 3, but they've scored a ton (121 points).

2. The run game has been solid to excellent

3. Defense and the passing games have been spotty.

4. Special teams have been quite good.

5. Most importantly, however, the team has played with a sense of purpose and a team spirit. Guys have actually been pulling together. This is completely unlike the first nine games of the season.

It's really an accumulation of things, not just two wins, that gives hope for the future.

I wasn't saying I don't support or do support Mangini, but I am honestly on both sides of the field here. Because I honestly don't know what to think. I'm not there at practice, I don't know what he says to the players, and I haven't seen what kind of real passion he has for Cleveland football. Yes, I understand it is very, very hard to turn a program around in one year, but as fans we are so aggravated about us not being the dominate program we used to be. Not even being dominate just being a contender to teams--someone to fear.

I leave it in our new GM's hands.

Archived