THE BROWNS BOARD

Tresell suspends 3 for Rose Bowl

Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel confirmed today that wide receivers Ray Small and Duron Carter and defensive end Rob Rose all will miss the Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/8...rs-out-for-rose

What a dope this guy is. He just created his excuse for losing to Oregon which he knew would happen.

Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel confirmed today that wide receivers Ray Small and Duron Carter and defensive end Rob Rose all will miss the Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi.

What a dope this guy is. He just created his excuse for losing to Oregon which he knew would happen.

Yea what a dope, a 93–21 record, 8-1 against Michigan, a national title and achieved the first 14–0 season record in major college football since Penn went 15–0 in 1897. I have a better idea troll, grow the f*ck up and go f*ck your mother, everyone else has.

why is he a dope because he holds people accountable....carter cant pass a class so he should play right???? ray small is always in trouble so i wouldnt doubt that he did something really stupid again and rose doesn't play too often....but hey ur a steelers fan so no one respects ur opinion anyways

all I am saying is that Tressell will lose again on the big stage.. this will be his 4th loss in a row.

I was a fan of his when he coached the Penguins but he is out of his league in the Div 1A college post-season. The Miami game was so close and OSU won but everyone said that the refs handed the game to Jim with the bogus 4th down interference call. He won but has been a disappointment ever since.

The bad thing about these games is everyone sees it. It''s not like he loses a big ten game, he gets murdered in BCS games..He is not good when he has to play in BCS games - his record stinks.

all I am saying is that Tressell will lose again on the big stage.. this will be his 4th loss in a row.

I was a fan of his when he coached the Penguins but he is out of his league in the Div 1A college post-season. The Miami game was so close and OSU won but everyone said that the refs handed the game to Jim with the bogus 4th down interference call. He won but has been a disappointment ever since.

The bad thing about these games is everyone sees it. It''s not like he loses a big ten game, he gets murdered in BCS games..He is not good when he has to play in BCS games - his record stinks.

It's official, your mom and dad are cousins.

I was a fan of his when he coached the Penguins but he is out of his league in the Div 1A college post-season. The Miami game was so close and OSU won but everyone said that the refs handed the game to Jim with the bogus 4th down interference call.

Seeing as how your a pissburgh fan im sure you know all about blotched calls dont you?

one national title on a bogus 4th down interefernce call.

he has lost three is a row. this will be number 4 for him.

I don't think he can coach in big games in front of people outside the big ten.. Other teams always seem to push him around and embarrass him.

So blaming the refs is conditional to which team the call went against? Bad calls going the Steelers way never happened, right?

...... where do I start......

First How any BCS bowl games has he had? Second a true Buckeye fans cares about ONE thing...... MICHIGAN who he has dominated......... Texas vs Ohio State last year was one hell of a game that we BARELY lost.... the same Texas team that is playing for the National Title THIS YEAR and could have played in it last year......

OSU..... remember Vince Young and Texas...... thats right the same team we split with in back to back years that They BARELY won in the Shoe the year they beat USC for the NC........ Miami was argueably one of the greatest teams in college history when we played them and upset them for a NC........

OSU is one of the ONLY major programs to go out of conference in Week two or three of the season and play another MAJOR power program from another major division...... not many big time colleges even has the balls to schedule that.......

Tressel may not be the best offensive scheming coach however the guy does one thing WIN and Recruit along with holding his players accountable..... we have literally reloaded year in year out and he has churned out TONS of NFL quality players....... you Pissburgh idiots benefitted in you Super Bowl win from a Tressel product in Holmes.......

Seriously..... I get it.... USC blew us out last year, Florida a couple of years ago IN THE NC game...... We self destructed in ANOTHER NC against LSU... I mean really..... we play the cream of the crop in all of college football so often on big time stages...... really there are only a handful of coaches who can even match our bowl appearances, conference championships and national champions themselves......

Seriously anytime you want to debate THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITIES college program and our coach you just come on in.....

SOME people in football leadership positions have ethics. Then there's Pittsburgh where Sports Illustrated counts caskets and a Steeler team doctor gets investigated for purchasing excessive quantities of HGH. It's amazing what that Rooney hush-hush cake buys.

Winning at the cost of integrity only satisfies the shortcut candyass who isn't tough enough to do it the right way! I don't count cosmetic rings as real jewelry!

- Tom F.

I don't think he can coach in big games in front of people outside the big ten.. Other teams always seem to push him around and embarrass him.

That wasn't a bogus call. If you watch the replay they could have called the guy for holding and then interference. They called it late which to me made it a little more controversial. But, it was interference.

I don't like the offense we run. In order for tressel to win he needs a dominant offensive line and a big running back who can break tackles. He should be after that top 10 big running back every other year.

I do believe that our QB will mature and put OSU in the position to win another national championship

Almost forgot, you cannot let the nuts run the insane assylum

What's his bowl record, again?

Glad you asked sir!

2001 Ohio State 7–5 5–3 3rd L Outback — —

2002 Ohio State 14–0 8–0 T-1st W Fiesta † 1 1

2003 Ohio State 11–2 6–2 2nd W Fiesta † 4 4

2004 Ohio State 8–4 4–4 5th W Alamo 19 20

2005 Ohio State 10–2 7–1 T-1st W Fiesta † 4 4

2006 Ohio State 12–1 8–0 1st L BCS NCG † 2 2

2007 Ohio State 11–2 7–1 1st L BCS NCG † 4 5

2008 Ohio State 10–3 7–1 T-1st L Fiesta † 11 9

Alright well lets take a look at this... even with tress's last three bcs game losses he is still 3-3 in BCS games since those first 3 are in the w column. still an amazing accomplishment seeing that 3 of those games were against the number 2 team in the country during a national championship game. Also take into account that last years texas team was a national championship quality team as well.

I honestly dont think you can knock the man (outside the 2006 nc game) for not beating one of the top 3 teams in the country every year for the last 3 years during this bowl game skid. Does anyone honestly think ohio state expected to go to the 2007 nc game after being ranked #5 before the last week where everyone lost?

Its easy to say that ohio state struggles against out of conference competition just because of the last 4 losses... but looking back at the quality of opposition we are playing its usually the very best team from that conference that we are playing...

oh and in discussion on the "bogus call" you claim about the 2003 fiesta bowl

"In the age before coaches' challenges and referee reviews were included within the NCAA rules, the call was subsequently validated by the National Association of Sports Officials[7], and was also selected by Referee Magazine as one of the "Best 18 Calls of All Time."[8]"

but yeah what would that magazine know compared to some hilljack on bleacher report

(Expletive deleted) you and your stupid (expletive deleted) mother for having you.

You never even bothered to watch that game I surmise. If you did, you would know that there were at least THREE favorable referring calls that went in Miami's favor that even kept them in the game.

First: there was a catch that was made in bounds by an Ohio State receiver that would have given the Buckeyes a first down and they would have from there simply had to take a couple of knees and the game would have been over in regulation time. Instant replay showed he was in bounds, but this was before the days of replay review, thus the referee call stood. Second, there was an obvious holding call by a Miami DB that the ref's missed. That call would have given the Bucks a first down...and again, all they would have needed to do was to take a couple of knees and the game would have been over in regulation. There were a couple of other calls late in that game that went in Miami's favor that if they had been called the other way (the right way), the game would have been over and done in OT. So, the way I read it is that if the ref's gave the Buckeyes 3-4 bad calls against them, the one questionable call in their favor was simply part of the evening out process. If, in your opinion, the refs handed them the game in OT, on at least 3 occasions they took it away from them in regulation. So, the ultimate outcome was fair, right, and just.

On Tressel's BCS game record, there have only been 2 games that were bad losses: the Florida and LSU games. He has won a couple of others, and a couple of others were tight affairs that could have gone either way. Like last year. Texas won the game on a prayer with 16 seconds to go. It is ridiculous that the OSU defense didn't hold UT on that last drive, but it was a close seesaw game nevertheless.

In fact, attached here is Ohio State's record in BCS bowls. It is right now a winning record, and as I said, the only blemish were those two bad games. I would dare you to match this record up to any team in the country!:

BCS bowl wins and appearances by team

Appearances School W L Pct Games

8 Ohio State 4 3 .571 Won 1999 Sugar Bowl

Won 2003 Fiesta Bowl*

Won 2004 Fiesta Bowl

Won 2006 Fiesta Bowl

Lost 2007 BCS National Championship Game

Lost 2008 BCS National Championship Game

Lost 2009 Fiesta Bowl

2010 Rose Bowl

*National Championship Game

So, stick that up your ass and grind it.

On this discussion, note this: So far there have been 11 years in which the BCS has been held (this year will be the 12th). Here are the teams with the most BCS game appearances of the 11 and their records:

1. USC 7 games, 6-1 record ** but note, 5 of USC's 6 wins have been essentially home games in the Rose Bowl

2. Ohio State 7 games, 4-3 record. (Note....NONE of OSU's games have been essentially home games)

3. Oklahoma 7 games, 2-5 record

4. Florida State 6 games, 1-5 record (3 held in Fla, 2 in La., 1 in Ariz.

4. Florida 5 games, 4-1 record (3 of the 5 games held in the state of Florida, 1 other in an SEC state)

5. LSU 4 games, 4-0 ** ALL 4 games won were held in the State of Louisiana

6. Miami 4 games, 3-1 record

7. Michigan 4 games, 1-3 record

8. Va. Tech 4 games, 1-3 record

9. Texas 3 games, 3-0 record

10. Georgia 3 games, 2-1 record (all three in New Orleans)

11. Notre Dame, 3 games, 0-3 record

I mean, look at this: there have been a number of years when OSU was in the BCS when the likes of Fla. and LSU were sitting it out going to minor bowls.

Is it fair to say that the biggest factor in success in the BCS is having the home field? USC, nearly every they won was held right in LA. LSU...EVERY game won held right in Louisiana. Florida, nearly every game won held in the state of Florida.

Question: What would be wrong with holding that BCS title game in other parts of the country? Why not hold it in the big domes in the North as well? Ford Field in Detroit, Lucas Field in Indy, the dome in St. Louis, or Minnesota, or Seattle

Question: What would be wrong with holding that BCS title game in other parts of the country? Why not hold it in the big domes in the North as well? Ford Field in Detroit, Lucas Field in Indy, the dome in St. Louis, or Minnesota, or Seattle

I think the national championship game should be played outdoors in a northern venue.

Jacksplatt or knowitall makes there return to the bb... xxxx off

there's no arguing we haven't played well in big games the past couple years, but give me a coach that wins 81% percent of his games and is 8-1 against michigan with a national title. sounds good to me.

What dumbshits like this guy don't realize is that the SEC is just a dominant conference right now. I don't care what big ten team you put up against them, they would lose. We saw this was true about the big 12 last year too, the SEC is just better than any other conference. Trust me, when Texas gets embarrassed in the national title game it'll be even clearer.

But, every dog has it day. I remember a time when no one thought the ACC would ever fall, then we beat Miami. The conference is down, but we'll come back.

SOME people in football leadership positions have ethics. Then there's Pittsburgh where Sports Illustrated counts caskets and a Steeler team doctor gets investigated for purchasing excessive quantities of HGH. It's amazing what that Rooney hush-hush cake buys.

Winning at the cost of integrity only satisfies the shortcut candyass who isn't tough enough to do it the right way! I don't count cosmetic rings as real jewelry!

- Tom F.

Apparently Roid Monk's momma wants to kick my ass for talking shit about her baby boy.

Trust me, I'm in hiding.

What's his bowl record, again?

I believe either 4-3 or 5-3.............

Your up and the Buckeyes have played in more BCS bowls than any other team.........that is what loser coaches do.........play in the most big bowl games

Archived