[# 2] Montel Harris RB 5'10" 192 (Sophomore):

285 Attempts, 1355 Yards, 4.8 Yds/Att, 13 TD's

[# 18] Rich Gunnell WR 5'11" 196 (Senior):

54 Receptions, 750 yards, 13.9 Avg, 6 TD's

[# 10] Colin Larmond WR 6'3" 196 (Sophomore):

26 Receptions, 567 Yards, 19.2 Avg, 5 TD's

[# 20] Roderick Rollins CB 6'0" 188 (Senior):

3 INT's, 7 Yards

Did anyone catch the interview at half time of the Little Ceasar Bowl, with Pete Caroll about whether Joe McKnight will play or not today?

I was doing something and only caught the tailend of the interview but it was uncertain if they had said he would play or not. My guess was 'no' from Carrol's demeanor.

Did anyone catch the interview at half time of the Little Ceasar Bowl, with Pete Caroll about whether Joe McKnight will play or not today?

I was doing something and only caught the tailend of the interview but it was uncertain if they had said he would play or not. My guess was 'no' from Carrol's demeanor.

I would consider drafting McKnight with the two pick if he does not have off the field issues

Joe McKnight is not expected to participate in Saturday's Emerald Bowl because he has not yet been cleared by USC's compliance department, two sources told ESPN.com's Joe Schad.

Two people close to the program said McKnight had not yet been cleared as of the team's arrival at AT&T Park.

McKnight's alleged use of an SUV is under investigaton by the school.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4772940

I would consider drafting McKnight with the two pick if he does not have off the field issues

I like the kid, but have no idea where he would fall or if he fits our team needs. BTW, with a new 'czar', what exactly are our team needs?

McKnight has an uncanny knock for costly fumbles: he fumbled twice in the loss to Washington and last year's loss to Oregon State. He had to be taken off punt return duties because he couldn't cleanly field the ball.

He's a talented runner and a good receiver out of the backfield, but I'm not sure I trust him. His game is about as maddening as Massaquoi's.

EMERALD BOWL PREVIEW

Key players for the Trojans:

[# 2] Taylor Mays S 6'3" 235 (Senior):

88 Tackles, 1 Fumble Forced, 1 INT

I can't believe HOW MUCH this guy has fallen off my own interest level. I heard a radio show recently where they were talking about Taylor Mays and I leanred something I wasn't even considering.

Evidently, it is believed he'll have trouble keeping his bodyweight at 235 pounds. One of the guys that works for scouting publication mentioned that his bodyweight in recent years has plummeted to over 260 without him looking fat if you will. The perception from this guy (Tom Lugenbill?) is that his bodyweight will make eventually him an outside LBer at the next level. One of the endearing qualities I found about him last year was hearing he ran 4.2s and 4.3s at that size meaning. I imagine this drops off some if he eventually plays OLBer but it's prolly good speed for that position.

Alo, have you heard anything about the bodyweight stuff I mentioned?

I think the other part of his play falling off this year is the front 7 wasn't as strong and some secondary personnel around him have moved on. That's prolly why Carroll guilted him into staying. Seems like every player that STAYED at USC (Leinart, Rey and now Mays) hurt their draft stock considerably. He seemed really pissed at Sanchez for understanding this.

- Tom F.

I can't believe HOW MUCH this guy has fallen off my own interest level. I heard a radio show recently where they were talking about Taylor Mays and I leanred something I wasn't even considering.

Evidently, it is believed he'll have trouble keeping his bodyweight at 235 pounds. One of the guys that works for scouting publication mentioned that his bodyweight in recent years has plummeted to over 260 without him looking fat if you will. The perception from this guy (Tom Lugenbill?) is that his bodyweight will make eventually him an outside LBer at the next level. One of the endearing qualities I found about him last year was hearing he ran 4.2s and 4.3s at that size meaning. I imagine this drops off some if he eventually plays OLBer but it's prolly good speed for that position.

Alo, have you heard anything about the bodyweight stuff I mentioned?

I haven't heard that, though I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

My biggest concern is his lack of instincts. That could seriously limit his NFL upside, whether it's at safety or linebacker.

Archived