THE BROWNS BOARD

Cowher to Coach in 2010?

CribbsWalker

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4773962

Sources: Bucs may make run at Cowher

Comment Email Print Share

By Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen

ESPN

After turning down chances to return to the NFL in previous offseason, former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher is primed to get back in the game this offseason.

Those who know Cowher firmly believe that he plans to coach in 2010, according to two league sources. He is laying the groundwork, making calls to piece together a coaching staff and acting like a man who will be patrolling the sidelines once again next season.

Many around the league have expected Cowher's name to surface in connection to the Carolina job, and it might. But others also believe that a more likely landing spot might be the Panthers' division-rival Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Over the past year, Tampa Bay has undergone more changes than any NFL team. More are coming. At the very least, their associate head coach/special teams coach Rich Bisaccia is on his way to join the University of Tennessee coaching staff.

Defensive line coach Robert Nunn and defensive backs coach Joe Baker were part of the Jim Bates package, and will not return.

And now there is an increasing sentiment with the Buccaneers organization that head coach Raheem Morris will be one and done. Two weeks ago, CBS announcer Rich Gannon criticized the way Buccaneers practices are run, the latest example of the job being too big for Morris right now.

If the Buccaneers decide to part ways with Morris as well, then multiple people around the league think Tampa Bay will wind up making a run at Cowher.

League sources labeled as erroneous any speculation the Glazer family which owns the Bucs may be too financially strapped to pursue Cowher. One source added that Joel Glazer, one of the team's owners, recently has expressed strong admiration for Cowher to other owners.

Additionally, those who know the Glazer family noted that they are always prepared to do the dramatic, citing the firing of Tony Dungy and the acquisition of then-Raiders coach Jon Gruden, Dungy's successor, in which the Bucs sent multiple draft picks, including two first rounders, and $8 million cash to Oakland.

the bucs can have him. that man has wasted so much talent while he was in pittsburgh, he should of had 4 super bowl trophies. he sucks and needs the twelth man to win a super bowl

(the twelth man wears zebra stripes.)

It isn't like ACTUAL proof exists that Cowher was cheated out of two AFC Championship games......

EDIT: Ironic how the very next play in the Steelers games Holmes is held and pushed to the ground but the refs don't flag it so the Ravens get a pick on that play solely becuase the refs had a major screw up. Oh the irony.

EDIT: Mason has possession takes 3 full steps then fumbles.....Oops the ref blows the whistle and makes this obvious fumble an unchallengeable play. Blown play. Steelers again screwed..... Truth is most often the best irony!

Why is it that when a Browns fan says the refs are in pissburgh's back pockets you go on the defensive and call us names but yet you think it's ok for you to sit there and claim the refs were against the squeelers in todays game? Isnt that like having your cake and eating it to? Guess what? You know that team called the Browns? Sure you do, your on a Browns messege board. Well today while you were watching the squeelers play the Ravens, the Browns won another game so I dont think anyone cares about your complaints with refs.

Why is it that when a Browns fan says the refs are in pissburgh's back pockets you go on the defensive and call us names but yet you think it's ok for you to sit there and claim the refs were against the squeelers in todays game? Isnt that like having your cake and eating it to? Guess what? You know that team called the Browns? Sure you do, your on a Browns messege board. Well today while you were watching the squeelers play the Ravens, the Browns won another game so I dont think anyone cares about your complaints with refs.

I didn't name call, I never do. I didn't get defensive. I just used fact to disprove a crazy conspiracy thoery. (a claim someone on here tries to make after every Steeler game) I did not think the refs tried to sway the game either way today with the calls they made. I am simply pointing out facts that prove the refs don't favor the Steelers. Take note that I didn't state the facts in attempt to accuse the refs of being biased. I wouldn't have brought up anything from the Steeler game if another member of this board didn't do so first. I am not trying to make a big deal, just trying to quiet to one guy's conspiracy theory. No brown fan on hear can comment on the Steeler game refs as they were watching the Browns game. Same with Steeler fans and the Browns game refs.

the bucs can have him. that man has wasted so much talent while he was in pittsburgh, he should of had 4 super bowl trophies. he sucks and needs the twelth man to win a super bowl

(the twelth man wears zebra stripes.)

Oh Bull S***

I didn't name call, I never do. I didn't get defensive. I just used fact to disprove a crazy conspiracy thoery. (a claim someone on here tries to make after every Steeler game) I did not think the refs tried to sway the game either way today with the calls they made. I am simply pointing out facts that prove the refs don't favor the Steelers. Take note that I didn't make them in attempt to accuse the refs of being biased. I wouldn't have brought up anything from the Steeler game if another member of this board didn't do so first. I am not trying to make a big deal, just trying to quiet to one guy's conspiracy theory. No brown fan on hear can comment on the Steeler game as they were watching the Browns game. Same with Steeler fans and the Browns game.

The Ravens have no one to blame but themselves in this game. The blew multiple touchdowns the worst one being an east td grab by Derrick Mason

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4773962

Sources: Bucs may make run at Cowher

Comment Email Print Share

By Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen

ESPN

After turning down chances to return to the NFL in previous offseason, former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher is primed to get back in the game this offseason.

Those who know Cowher firmly believe that he plans to coach in 2010, according to two league sources. He is laying the groundwork, making calls to piece together a coaching staff and acting like a man who will be patrolling the sidelines once again next season.

Many around the league have expected Cowher's name to surface in connection to the Carolina job, and it might. But others also believe that a more likely landing spot might be the Panthers' division-rival Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Over the past year, Tampa Bay has undergone more changes than any NFL team. More are coming. At the very least, their associate head coach/special teams coach Rich Bisaccia is on his way to join the University of Tennessee coaching staff.

Defensive line coach Robert Nunn and defensive backs coach Joe Baker were part of the Jim Bates package, and will not return.

And now there is an increasing sentiment with the Buccaneers organization that head coach Raheem Morris will be one and done. Two weeks ago, CBS announcer Rich Gannon criticized the way Buccaneers practices are run, the latest example of the job being too big for Morris right now.

If the Buccaneers decide to part ways with Morris as well, then multiple people around the league think Tampa Bay will wind up making a run at Cowher.

League sources labeled as erroneous any speculation the Glazer family which owns the Bucs may be too financially strapped to pursue Cowher. One source added that Joel Glazer, one of the team's owners, recently has expressed strong admiration for Cowher to other owners.

Additionally, those who know the Glazer family noted that they are always prepared to do the dramatic, citing the firing of Tony Dungy and the acquisition of then-Raiders coach Jon Gruden, Dungy's successor, in which the Bucs sent multiple draft picks, including two first rounders, and $8 million cash to Oakland.

would rather have john fox in town more of a cleveland type guy stingy Defense and loves to run the ball

It isn't like ACTUAL proof exists that Cowher was cheated out of two AFC Championship games......

EDIT: Ironic how the very next play in the Steelers games Holmes is held and pushed to the ground but the refs don't flag it so the Ravens get a pick on that play solely becuase the refs had a major screw up. Oh the irony.

EDIT: Mason has possession takes 3 full steps then fumbles.....Oops the ref plays the whistle and makes this obvious fumble an unchallengeable play. Blown play. Steelers again screwed..... Truth is most often the best irony!

Exactly .... EXACTLY S~Back. Refs are HUMAN thus make mistakes. And the RatBirds Penalties WERE INDEED Penalties Replays showed that. Get over it Whiners. LOL... Cant you even win your game and NOT be cousumed with what Pittsburgh is doing. Amazing.

If Cheating WHY on Earth would they Blow an Obvious fumble. And the Holmes play was a no Brainier as well. Sour Grape syndrome. Funny go the steelernation or steelers.com and i don't see any threads running that are whining about the Browns win today. Geez none when They beat us ??? And there were blown calls there too as in ALL Games .

Last time I checked you are on a Browns board bitch. Pot meet kettle.

WRONG I am NOT here RIPPING the Cleveland Browns. And in all Honesty ... just came to read what you guys thought about your win. If i didnt see this BS Whining I wouldnt even have posted today. Fag ! Same old bitter obsession with ALL things Pittsburgh . Jealousy ... and Bitterness its as Ugly as your face most likely is dude.

cowher cant run a team without the roonies and he cant win the big one without help from bad referees

so get over it, it is the truth. just look at the past 2 games and how they were handed wins, only in an attempt to get them a playoff birth. if you wear the piss color all you need is a gambling ref and a few great players from ohio.

put your money on the steelers getting a playoff birth and good teams going down early in the playoffs so the steelers get another home playoff game. put your money on it!!!!!!!!!

so all you steelers bitches just shut up and watch the next few weeks, because i am sure you will be on here pounding your chest like you found a new way to slice bread in the nfl or some other stupid claim.

I take it you didn't read my original response to your first post on this thread. Although I think you are pruposely avoid the facts and just trying to be assinine.

When will Cowher be held accountable for all the roid abuse and blatant cheating he perpetuated in Pittsburgh?

Perfect example of a decent guy while here in Cleveland and the second he got Rooneyized he became a pile of crap morally.

He disgusts me, I want no part of that guy ever.

WRONG I am NOT here RIPPING the Cleveland Browns. And in all Honesty ... just came to read what you guys thought about your win. If i didnt see this BS Whining I wouldnt even have posted today. Fag ! Same old bitter obsession with ALL things Pittsburgh . Jealousy ... and Bitterness its as Ugly as your face most likely is dude.

Hit a nerve? Still here here on a Browns board, enough said, lol.

And I think you mean (you wrote it backwards like the hillbilly you are), it's as ugly as your mom's face, who is a dude. And I know that makes your wife (I mean your cousin) jealous because of your "close" relationship with your mom. Now the thought of THAT makes YOU bitter, as it should.

Just let me know if you need any more help posting.

Archived