THE BROWNS BOARD

Great Win orchestrated by Derek Anderson

ATENEARS

Pretty much the same game from our QB position as recent games. DA changed a few calls to a run, which were obviously good change-ups as Harrison ran through many nicely created holes. DA made some throws, threw the ball away instead of forcing anything and he made a nice throw that was rewarded with a TD. Charlie Frye he was NOT.

The Run game & defense have settled the QB position down. Things rolled along just fine today.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was ok....true that he wasn't much different than what Quinn has done lately. He made a really nice throw on the TD pass and also made a great pass down the middle to the TE I think at one point and it was a very nice pass.

The defense looked good again and Frye still sucks.

Yep, good to see a backup QB can keep the ship afloat when the starter Quinn is out.

He sure wasn't as awful as he was in his previous starts in mid-season. Man he was historically horrid.

DA should find a job somewhere as a #2 next year for some team.

Yep and so will Quinn.

I think MarkO is only one who understands ATENEARS' post. Many of you were saying we had our starting qb next year in Quinn because he won two games in a row by running the ball and defense. That's the same thing DA did today checking off to running plays and not turning the ball over. You are so quick to give credit to Quinn while discrediting DA. I personally don't care who our qb is. I want to see a Browns home playoff game in the next few years no matter who takes us there.

Today proved that our team can win with either QB on the field, as long as our running game is effective and our defense plays well. It doesn't hurt when we play terrible teams, either.

When DA is on the field, there's always a possibility of a big passing play. Unfortunately, there's a much greater possibility that he throws an interception. And he hands the ball off weird, but maybe that's just me.

When BQ is on the field, there's almost no possibility of a big play, but he takes care of the ball better. BQ does have slightly better mobility, though.

Either way, both QB's aren't looking too hot this season. As much as I don't want us to, I think we're drafting another QB

I don't want us drafting a QB....I think what we've proven in the last few weeks is that you can win with bad to average quarterbacking as long as your defense and running game is solid and the QB doesn't turn the ball over to put extra pressure on the defense.

Anderson looked ok today...Quinn has looked ok in losses and in wins...neither are very good. I would still say that Quinn is the better of the two with more upside but neither are going to make anyone forget about Brian Sipe or Bernie Kosar.

I don't want us drafting a QB....I think what we've proven in the last few weeks is that you can win with bad to average quarterbacking as long as your defense and running game is solid and the QB doesn't turn the ball over to put extra pressure on the defense.

Anderson looked ok today...Quinn has looked ok in losses and in wins...neither are very good. I would still say that Quinn is the better of the two with more upside but neither are going to make anyone forget about Brian Sipe or Bernie Kosar.

I don't want us to either. I think it would be a mistake, at least for this draft. But I just can't shake the feeling that Holmgren wants to draft his own QB and have him lead the team.

I will be glad when both of these sub par quarterbacks are gone - DA sucks! Quinn is just a tad better....let it go!

I think you have it backwards, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Anderson was not good. He performed at a mediocre level. But at least we won, thanks to Harrison, our Oline and Defense.

Mediocre is much better then what we have had from Quinn!

I still say neither will be on the 2010 Browns.

And who is it that is riding DAs cock and who on this roster could you possibly call the real deal at QB?

I do agree not to draft a QB this season, just go sign one. Almost any QB you sign will be an improvement on what the Browns have put out there the last two seasons.

I am good with everybody saying DA is not any good, but neither is BQ. So I don't think that anybody is missing out on the possible future of the Browns QB position as long as they are not looking on the current roster for the answer. Hell go get dennis dixon off the 3rd string for the Steelers and you will have upgraded the position.

Can all of you please suck Andersons cock and swallow his load so u can stop riding his dick and start looking at the real deal.

Wow. Where did that come from? DA brings out some nasty namecalling. Too bad you can't like a QB around here unless his initials are BQ.

The thing that i find interesting is that Holmgren has dropped right into the middle of this QB derby. Regardless of who Mangini's favorite is (i think we all know who that is), Holmgren's got to pick. i find that hilarious.

BTW, DA's contract won't matter. Those things can be reworked (if he wants). i'm going to enjoy watching how this thing unfolds.

Too bad you can't like a QB around here unless his initials are BQ.

Like i said above, im proud of it.

side note...what the hell was DA wearing during the post game press conference? I know hes from Oregon but omg. I'm not saying this cuz I dont like him at QB. Im just saying this because I don't like his fashion taste.

And a positive thing for DA...he could take all of those Oakland D lineman in a fight whenever. I was thoroughly impressed with his fighting skills. Throw him in the Octagon!

The problem isn't at QB. We can afford to stick with either QB next season, as long as we get some receivers. Looking at all of the quarterbacks we've drafted that haven't panned out for us, I honestly don't think it's just Cleveland luck. It's our lack of WR's. Look at 2007, we had one receiver have a good year, and it made DA look like a superstar. To this day, there are still people that are head over heels in love with DA just because of that season. I think the same could happen again next season, with either quarterback at the helm. Once we get a viable receiving threat, we'll be able to make plays through the air. Then this "controversy" will be settled. We need to go out and make a splash in FA this offseason.

Like i said above, im proud of it.

side note...what the hell was DA wearing during the post game press conference? I know hes from Oregon but omg. I'm not saying this cuz I dont like him at QB. Im just saying this because I don't like his fashion taste.

And a positive thing for DA...he could take all of those Oakland D lineman in a fight whenever. I was thoroughly impressed with his fighting skills. Throw him in the Octagon!

so basically instead of critiquing his play, you're critiquing his fashion.

maybe you should go post on fashionforums.com instead.

the big difference is that DA doesn't give a damn about what people think of what he's wearing, and Brady Quinn takes 20 minutes to prepare with his suit on, insecure about what people think of what he's wearing. I want a guy who is more concerned about winning and playing well than a guy who is equally concerned about what he's wearing and winning.

We've given DA plenty of time. No good. We've given Quinn not even a full season if you count his starts. He has shown some great talent. Give him all of next season. All of it. If he is no good, get rid of him.

I AM A QUINN SUPPORTER AND IM GODDAMN PROUD OF IT.

Im a CLEVELAND BROWN SUPPORTER AND I BELIEVE THAT THIS FORUM IS ABOUT IT. IF YOU CANT F'ing SUPPORT THE TEAMS QB ON A WIN THE PLEASE CLICK <<HERE>>

so basically instead of critiquing his play, you're critiquing his fashion.

maybe you should go post on fashionforums.com instead.

the big difference is that DA doesn't give a damn about what people think of what he's wearing, and Brady Quinn takes 20 minutes to prepare with his suit on, insecure about what people think of what he's wearing. I want a guy who is more concerned about winning and playing well than a guy who is equally concerned about what he's wearing and winning.

Who says BQ isn't equally concerned about playing as he is about fashion? Do you know the guy? If anything, his fashion sense shows that he is a meticulous person, and that's one quality I would love to have in my QB, whereas DA's fashion sense shows that he doesn't give two shits about anything.

You could argue this up one way and down the other, the point is that it doesn't matter. It's clothes, not football.

We've given DA plenty of time. No good. We've given Quinn not even a full season if you count his starts. He has shown some great talent. Give him all of next season. All of it. If he is no good, get rid of him.

I AM A QUINN SUPPORTER AND IM GODDAMN PROUD OF IT.

Get rid of both of them, they are both trash but Anderson can be a good back-up.

Archived