THE BROWNS BOARD

Great Win orchestrated by Derek Anderson

ATENEARS

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QWEEFER X HOW THE HELL YA DOIN YOU QUINN POLE SMOKER YOU

Hey tough W for you and BQ Nation to swallow yesterday. All the Quinnies wanted for Christmas was a Raider win.

Anderson goes to 15-14 over the last three seasons.

Local Boy Toy Quinn is looking up at him with his 3 Ws in 12 tries. One third as many starts, one fifth as many wins.

Silver Lining - Record Books: Quinnie holds the distinction of not throwing a TD pass in any of the 3 games he won, an NFL record.

Tough luck for the Quinnster about the foot boo boo. I know Dabes just started to find him some success…by letting Cribbs take all the 3rd down snaps. And I’ve been told that he has made some amazing checkdowns…sweet.

And by the way, it’s not odd at all that Holmgren (qb guru) takes the president job and Lady Quinn goes on IR the with a mysterious injury the very next day is it?

Hey I wonder if Holmgren remembers Anderson dropping 364 on his Division champ Seahawks in 2007?

I noticed that once again BQ Nation is guaranteeing that Anderson will be cut. I believe this is the third consecutive season with the same prediction. Third time’s a charm?

Reportedly Anderson will get the axe because of his salary. Hmmm ever wondered how Anderson’s salary will affect the cap when there is no salary cap?

What is the over-under on how many decades we’ll hear BQ Nation say “we just don’t know about Brady yet, we can’t tell, it’s too early to say”

Enjoy watching Derek Anderson start his 33rd game for the Browns next Sunday, and Brady Quinn’s 36th game on the BENCH.

Ha ha Flugs I told you I could pull him outta the woodwork.

Got me some Lumfreddy back here to smack around.

Hey tough W for you and BQ Nation to swallow yesterday. All the Quinnies wanted for Christmas was a Raider win.

Local Boy Toy Quinn is looking up at him with his 3 Ws in 12 tries. One third as many starts, one fifth as many wins.

Silver Lining - Record Books: Quinnie holds the distinction of not throwing a TD pass in any of the 3 games he won, an NFL record.

Tough luck for the Quinnster about the foot boo boo. I know Dabes just started to find him some success…by letting Cribbs take all the 3rd down snaps. And I’ve been told that he has made some amazing checkdowns…sweet.

And by the way, it’s not odd at all that Holmgren (qb guru) takes the president job and Lady Quinn goes on IR the with a mysterious injury the very next day is it?

Hey I wonder if Holmgren remembers Anderson dropping 364 on his Division champ Seahawks in 2007?

I noticed that once again BQ Nation is guaranteeing that Anderson will be cut. I believe this is the third consecutive season with the same prediction. Third time’s a charm?

Reportedly Anderson will get the axe because of his salary. Hmmm ever wondered how Anderson’s salary will affect the cap when there is no salary cap?

What is the over-under on how many decades we’ll hear BQ Nation say “we just don’t know about Brady yet, we can’t tell, it’s too early to say”

Enjoy watching Derek Anderson start his 33rd game for the Browns next Sunday, and Brady Quinn’s 36th game on the BENCH.

ROFLMAO.

Peens you are always good for a laugh, I'll give you that.

Ya know Riff, in person you are a pretty good guy. It's easy to hang with you, but on a message board you are a nimrod. :D

Ya know Riff, in person you are a pretty good guy. It's easy to hang with you, but on a message board you are a nimrod. :D

Don't you go getting all coochie sore on me now Peens, after all Urban ain't quit just yet.

And total number of games compared to each other was what?

Going into their third seasons BQ and DA had almost identical stats and games played. DAs third season was his one and only good season and BQs third season, well he still sucks and is waiting for his good season to come along. And for all that working out he does you would think that he would be a little tougher.

Need a new QB, enough said.

It's your first appearence since the 2 for 17 game at buffalo....DEREK ANDERSON is the worst QB since.....Vince evans from the 82 Bears....he is up there as the worst fking QB in history !!! epic failure.... oregon state SUCKS ASS TOO!!! Fk ooff you low life troll!

Its the end of a very long season..... BQ nation got to see multiple sub 100 yard games with very little offensive production with Quinn, We saw 2 of the same teams that each qb faced in the same season with the stats showing DA is better and so is the offensive squad. BQ had plenty of oppurtunities and he is what he is.

DA CAN develop a short game and touch along with better decision making ala the Raiders game or Favre.....BQ can NOT develop a stronger more accurate arm at the 15-30 yard range because like baseball pitching you either have it or you dont....

DA will score more and so will our offense, he will also toss more interceptions.... you have to be able to risk it to make it, BQ wont risk it but he also cant deliver more tds because of his limitations....

I always like the WCO guys (the same guys who crowed about "nfl ready" or played in "pro system" with Weis.... both are false and products of marketing for a heisman and draft position) thinking thats the be all end all answer for wanting to keep BQ(obviously because of his limited arm strength) Here's a News Flash...... This is the NFL, the rules have changed in favor or a long passing game and more scoring...... NFL defenses have adjusted to the WCO so now YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO STRETCH THE FIELD...... The defensive scheming is more exotic, filled with more players who can rush or play man/zone coverages making the short WCO game much more difficult. With the coverage rules on contact and more LBS and Ends playing coverages within 5-15 yards the 15-30 yard areas must be threatened in order to loosen the short passing game and rushing game.....something Quinn can not do.

Just get over your premature support (that he did not earn with NFL play) put away your jerseys you bought because you were duped by a Heisman/Draft position Marketing campaign.... I dont know or really think DA is the long term answer, however his History best Franchise home record saddled with a terrible defense and flashes of great plays are better than a heisman candidates dream of NFL greatness conversion... Its all we have, unless some proven vet comes in or we draft another QB I will continue to back the only other product that actually can lead our offense to scoring (and sometimes stupid plays/interceptions)

*edit* yes BQ can deliver a bomb (also not very accurate) but that is not the arm strength and accuracy we are talking about.... I know some of his backers think that throwing a rainbow bomb=arm strength

Oh yeah, we even got OSU sev, the bar none biggest DA athletic supporter of the bunch back to kick some ass and he doesn't even have any affiliation like Drunky and Lumsford.

dis was too easy or sumtin

Geez oh man, I will say it again...despite any abilities, is this man worth the money$ You guys are postulating the argument like it is DA v. BQ....it is not! Stan, since I know that you prefer DA's skill set let me ask you, is he worth the money he is guaranteed for next year? That is what this question boils down to. Put it this way, DA is being paid like a 1st rounder (late 1st), BQ is being paid like a 3rd rounder (for next year); which is better value for this team at this point?

You have to phrase the question in context. If it were, did DA's play yesterday out-play BQ's play in the previous victories, I would say yea. But it really isn't the question, the bottom line right now is that we have an offense that just needs a serviceable QB FOR NOW. For the money and looking towards next year I still think that BQ fits into the overall philosophy of the team.

Oh yeah, we even got OSU sev, the bar none biggest DA athletic supporter of the bunch back to kick some ass and he doesn't even have any affiliation like Drunky and Lumsford.

dis was too easy or sumtin

you must have missed the last few weeks of posts and the thread on my qb comparisons versus the same team.....

but it was nice to see you resorted to name calling, if you have a dissenting opinion or find fault with the reasoning you obviously can post a retort........ Its nice to see "moderators" responding with mature name calling.

Geez oh man, I will say it again...despite any abilities, is this man worth the money$ You guys are postulating the argument like it is DA v. BQ....it is not! Stan, since I know that you prefer DA's skill set let me ask you, is he worth the money he is guaranteed for next year? That is what this question boils down to. Put it this way, DA is being paid like a 1st rounder (late 1st), BQ is being paid like a 3rd rounder (for next year); which is better value for this team at this point?

You have to phrase the question in context. If it were, did DA's play yesterday out-play BQ's play in the previous victories, I would say yea. But it really isn't the question, the bottom line right now is that we have an offense that just needs a serviceable QB FOR NOW. For the money and looking towards next year I still think that BQ fits into the overall philosophy of the team.

Holmgren doesn't give a shit about the salary.

Bradies Ladies are just pissed that DA makes fat bank while Quinn makes diddly.

And the only philosophy Quinn fits into is the "stand over by the sideline while Cribbs takes the snaps" Offense.

you must have missed the last few weeks of posts and the thread on my qb comparisons versus the same team.....

but it was nice to see you resorted to name calling, if you have a dissenting opinion or find fault with the reasoning you obviously can post a retort........ Its nice to see "moderators" responding with mature name calling.

I'm sorry Sez. I really am.

Forgive me please?

1) Lumbergh, you focking troll, where have you been the past 8 weeks?

2)Of all the plays DA got booed on yesterday, I cannot believe that people were booing when he threw away the bubble to Cribbs. Let's see, he was covered, so was the other guy on that side. If DA tries to squeeze that it's a pick-six.

Neither QB is better than average.

The only thing I witnessed yesterday with undeniable certainty

Is that Phil Savage was completely clueless when it came to evaluating Quarterback potential

I've gotta believe that both Holmgren and Mangini already know that...

neither QB will be on the roster next year

you guys are acting like DA played lights out. he played basically the exact same as BQ has in the past 3-4 games. even the announcers commented on how inaccurate he was.

don't put the knee pads on just yet guys.

Really?? I was under the impression BQ's rating the last few games were in the teens or twenties, and Anderson was over ninety.

I don't know, but that shows some difference IMO.

Really?? I was under the impression BQ's rating the last few games were in the teens or twenties, and Anderson was over ninety.

I don't know, but that shows some difference IMO.

Brady Quinn -9.5 games- 67.2 rating- 8 TDs - 7 INT

Derek Anderson- 6.5 games- 41.6 rating- 3 TD- 9 INT

That's on the entire season. Neither one is standing out, but BQ's numbers are better. I'm not arguing for one or the other, I'm just saying.

You call the name calling?

Brady Quinn -9.5 games- 67.2 rating- 8 TDs - 7 INT

Derek Anderson- 6.5 games- 41.6 rating- 3 TD- 9 INT

That's on the entire season. Neither one is standing out, but BQ's numbers are better. I'm not arguing for one or the other, I'm just saying.

I understand that....all i am saying is you or others can't say Anderson had a bad game.

At the end of the season we can compare BQ's best showing for a season with Anderson's best showing for a season....

What is that going to show??? Answer.....not much.

In the end, I am confident that football people around the league feel that Anderson has a higher ceiling than does Quinn.

My hope is neither one of them is on the team next year. I think Anderson is too inconsistent and think Quinn is a punk who gets punched in the mouth by teammates.

I have been around a while....i can't remember reading of another QB getting punched in the face by another player on his team.

You can write it off as Smith was a punk, and he was, but it goes beyond that. Quinn just isn't liked by his team...and that will never work.

I understand that....all i am saying is you or others can't say Anderson had a bad game.

At the end of the season we can compare BQ's best showing for a season with Anderson's best showing for a season....

In the end, I am confident that football people around the league feel that Anderson has a higher ceiling than does Quinn.

My hope is neither one of them is on the team next year. I think Anderson is too inconsistent and think Quinn is a punk who gets punched in the mouth by teammates.

I have been around a while....i can't remember reading of another QB getting punched in the face by another player on his team.

You can write it off as Smith was a punk, and he was, but it goes beyond that. Quinn just isn't liked by his team...and that will never work.

What is it with these Notre Dame QB's getting punched in the face? First BQ, then Jimmy Clausen. It's ridiculous.

I can't recall another QB getting punched in the face, but my junior season I got into it with a WR on my team and our QB blindsided me, jumped on my back and then choked me out. Then we became great friends. Fights happen all the time at practices. It's kind of hard to say the team hates Quinn just because a random thug who got traded anyway punched him out in the weight room.

As for the ceiling, with the way the NFL is evolving, it's hard to say which QB has a higher ceiling. The NFL is becoming a haven for the West Coast offense as of late, with more coaches looking for YAC receivers than speedsters. DA has more physical tools and would have been a better quarterback 10-15 years ago, but now I don't know. I'm not saying BQ is particularly adept at throwing short, it's just the only thing I've seen him do.

Tom Brady made the checkdown pass famous, damn him, and now it's catching on. I'm seeing too many block and release routes from the RB, it's taking the fun out of the NFL.

What is it with these Notre Dame QB's getting punched in the face? First BQ, then Jimmy Clausen. It's ridiculous.

I can't recall another QB getting punched in the face, but my junior season I got into it with a WR on my team and our QB blindsided me, jumped on my back and then choked me out. Then we became great friends. Fights happen all the time at practices. It's kind of hard to say the team hates Quinn just because a random thug who got traded anyway punched him out in the weight room.

As for the ceiling, with the way the NFL is evolving, it's hard to say which QB has a higher ceiling. The NFL is becoming a haven for the West Coast offense as of late, with more coaches looking for YAC receivers than speedsters. DA has more physical tools and would have been a better quarterback 10-15 years ago, but now I don't know. I'm not saying BQ is particularly adept at throwing short, it's just the only thing I've seen him do.

Tom Brady made the checkdown pass famous, damn him, and now it's catching on. I'm seeing too many block and release routes from the RB, it's taking the fun out of the NFL.

i may not have all my facts right, but i recall that only smith punched him. not smith punched him and the whole team joined in to be the tar outta him. to say an entire team hates someone just because one person has an issue with them is pretty dumb imo.

Archived