THE BROWNS BOARD

Great Win orchestrated by Derek Anderson

ATENEARS

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holmgren doesn't give a shit about the salary.

Bradies Ladies are just pissed that DA makes fat bank while Quinn makes diddly.

And the only philosophy Quinn fits into is the "stand over by the sideline while Cribbs takes the snaps" Offense.

good one lum da has looked like a pro-bowler all yea right lmao.....but either has quinn but as looking at the season as a whole quinn has looked better and showed more potential, and for less money next year....your the one browns fan if you call urself that, that can make a steelers fan look straight

good one lum da has looked like a pro-bowler all yea right lmao.....but either has quinn but as looking at the season as a whole quinn has looked better and showed more potential, and for less money next year....your the one browns fan if you call urself that, that can make a steelers fan look straight

Quinn is definitely less money. More potential? How 'bout throwing a TD at some point when a victory is possible? This never throwing a TD in a win in your entire career thing is weird.

DA CAN develop a short game and touch along with better decision making ala the Raiders game or Favre.....BQ can NOT develop a stronger more accurate arm at the 15-30 yard range because like baseball pitching you either have it or you dont....

DA will score more and so will our offense, he will also toss more interceptions.... you have to be able to risk it to make it, BQ wont risk it but he also cant deliver more tds because of his limitations....

*edit* yes BQ can deliver a bomb (also not very accurate) but that is not the arm strength and accuracy we are talking about.... I know some of his backers think that throwing a rainbow bomb=arm strength

I have my doubts about Quinn- but I no longer have any doubts about Anderson.

DA can develop a "Short Game"? Um, nope, and you saw that on display again on Sunday. How much more time you going to give a former sixth round draft pick to "develop"? And on the all important intermediate routes, DA's not much more accurate, (he had MoMass for a TD if he hadn't thrown the ball 3 feet behind him), and is still throwing dumb ass stuff into coverage.

I have my doubts about Quinn- but I no longer have any doubts about Anderson.

DA can develop a "Short Game"? Um, nope, and you saw that on display again on Sunday. How much more time you going to give a former sixth round draft pick to "develop"? And on the all important intermediate routes, DA's not much more accurate, (he had MoMass for a TD if he hadn't thrown the ball 3 feet behind him), and is still throwing dumb ass stuff into coverage.

I will take the TD he did throw instead of the dink and dunk sub 100 31.5 comp rating and other games like the steelers and the Chiefs game we win IN SPITE of no production from the QB who gets BAILED out by cribbs in third down situations.....

I only have two to pick from, forgive me if I back the one that has a FRANCHISE home game record and shows some offensive spark compared to the other one who has been pretty consistently an offensive dud....

I will take the TD he did throw instead of the dink and dunk sub 100 31.5 comp rating and other games like the steelers and the Chiefs game we win IN SPITE of no production from the QB who gets BAILED out by cribbs in third down situations.....

I only have two to pick from, forgive me if I back the one that has a FRANCHISE home game record and shows some offensive spark compared to the other one who has been pretty consistently an offensive dud....

Forgive me if I don't take the one with a 40 something QB rating. That's just me though. Granted, I don't have a love for plaid and wool like you do. I don't buy into the lumberjack look so much, but that's just me.

i may not have all my facts right, but i recall that only smith punched him. not smith punched him and the whole team joined in to be the tar outta him. to say an entire team hates someone just because one person has an issue with them is pretty dumb imo.

No, you have it correct. The whole team didn't bum rush him.

yea he had a good game but u can bet ur right nut he will be gone next year

I agree. It would take some unusual circumstances he isn't....it would take Holmgren thinking he has it over BQ, which he may, AND it would take Anderson to restructure his contract to a much lower rate.

You add those two together and it isn't likely Anderson sticks around.

At this point it is more about money spent on the position for the production more than it is about the team wanting or liking Quinn more.

I am convinced Quinn didn't have to go on IR and think it was possible he could play some more this season but the team didn't want to risk that 70% of snaps so just put him on the shelf and eliminate that possibility.

The last 3-4 games we haven't been 3 and outing as much, so with a good running game that sustains drives, he may have been able to get enough snaps to get it pretty close.

Why risk that when you have a easy way out?

I don't know ... during the Holmgren presser when asked specifically about Brady Quinn, Holmgren directed his answer squarely about Derek Anderson and how he passed all over his Seahawk team (as Lum's informed us yesterday, Thanks Lums!).

I thought that was a rather intriguing endorsement for Derek Anderson by Holmgren.

I just might bet my right nut ...

I don't know ... during the Holmgren presser when asked specifically about Brady Quinn, Holmgren directed his answer squarely about Derek Anderson and how he passed all over his Seahawk team (as Lum's informed us yesterday, Thanks Lums!).

I thought that was a rather intriguing endorsement for Derek Anderson by Holmgren.

I just might bet my right nut ...

You do that. In the meantime back in the real world...

I want to see Quinn given a full off-season and training camp to build chemistry with his offense, be trained by a Holmgren-appointed QB guru (if not Holmgren himself), and play the entire 16 game season. That would provide a completely fair and thorough evaluation of Quinn. If you look at his numbers at Notre Dame, he steadily improved year after year. I think that Quinn`s ceiling is still quite high, but all of his mishandling has resulted in shattered confidence. He`s screwed up his mechanics, overworked out and built up so much muscle he`s lost his fluidity, and he is no longer confident about being able to predict where his receivers will go. Given a proper learning environment and the proper teacher, I believe Quinn can get back on track and reach his potential.

It would be a real, real shame if Quinn were cut or traded, ended up on another team, and showed what he could do when given a real shot and proper training.

I want to see Quinn given a full off-season and training camp to build chemistry with his offense, be trained by a Holmgren-appointed QB guru (if not Holmgren himself), and play the entire 16 game season. That would provide a completely fair and thorough evaluation of Quinn. If you look at his numbers at Notre Dame, he steadily improved year after year. I think that Quinn`s ceiling is still quite high, but all of his mishandling has resulted in shattered confidence. He`s screwed up his mechanics, overworked out and built up so much muscle he`s lost his fluidity, and he is no longer confident about being able to predict where his receivers will go. Given a proper learning environment and the proper teacher, I believe Quinn can get back on track and reach his potential.

It would be a real, real shame if Quinn were cut or traded, ended up on another team, and showed what he could do when given a real shot and proper training.

Great post Merlin you hit that one right on the head.

college studs can become NFL duds ! It does not matter who u are and where u are drafted. In the NFL it starts with a clean slate.

And, how does building muscles relate to not being able to predict where his receivers will go ? doesnt that require using the brain ? And isnt Quinn supposed to be a smart kid ?

I dont know if Quinn is the answer or not, and so far he has not proven it. While im up for giving Quinn more chances and show improvement, Im not going to get into blind worship.

good post-now prepare for a beat down.

college studs can become NFL duds ! It does not matter who u are and where u are drafted. In the NFL it starts with a clean slate.

And, how does building muscles relate to not being able to predict where his receivers will go ? doesnt that require using the brain ? And isnt Quinn supposed to be a smart kid ?

I dont know if Quinn is the answer or not, and so far he has not proven it. While im up for giving Quinn more chances and show improvement, Im not going to get into blind worship.

My biggest concern with Queen so far is how he looks completely on a different page at times from the receivers. He's never going to be lights out accurate, but the kid has some pretty good qualities you want in a QB. However, those throws that you just go "WTF" like the pick in the KC game leave me wondering if he can ever become a solid starter.

He also is now showing an injury proneness, but I still think he can improve greatly next year with some continuity. If not, he's done. If they bring in someone better so be it, that would be okay too.

Quinn is definitely less money. More potential? How 'bout throwing a TD at some point when a victory is possible? This never throwing a TD in a win in your entire career thing is weird.

throwing three ints in a half after replacing the starter is weird...or throwing twice as many int's than td's is weird too

QWEEFER X HOW THE HELL YA DOIN YOU QUINN POLE SMOKER YOU

Hey tough W for you and BQ Nation to swallow yesterday. All the Quinnies wanted for Christmas was a Raider win.

Anderson goes to 15-14 over the last three seasons.

Local Boy Toy Quinn is looking up at him with his 3 Ws in 12 tries. One third as many starts, one fifth as many wins.

Silver Lining - Record Books: Quinnie holds the distinction of not throwing a TD pass in any of the 3 games he won, an NFL record.

Tough luck for the Quinnster about the foot boo boo. I know Dabes just started to find him some success…by letting Cribbs take all the 3rd down snaps. And I’ve been told that he has made some amazing checkdowns…sweet.

And by the way, it’s not odd at all that Holmgren (qb guru) takes the president job and Lady Quinn goes on IR the with a mysterious injury the very next day is it?

Hey I wonder if Holmgren remembers Anderson dropping 364 on his Division champ Seahawks in 2007?

I noticed that once again BQ Nation is guaranteeing that Anderson will be cut. I believe this is the third consecutive season with the same prediction. Third time’s a charm?

Reportedly Anderson will get the axe because of his salary. Hmmm ever wondered how Anderson’s salary will affect the cap when there is no salary cap?

What is the over-under on how many decades we’ll hear BQ Nation say “we just don’t know about Brady yet, we can’t tell, it’s too early to say”

Enjoy watching Derek Anderson start his 33rd game for the Browns next Sunday, and Brady Quinn’s 36th game on the BENCH.

ROTFLMAO! Riffer, you did it. You got Loverboy out of retirement for us. Unless it was the career day with the 47% completion rate.

I never thought I'd say this but I missed that Lovesick Lancelot for DA. Only this version doesn't have any interest in the Queen. It looks like Loverboy brought alot of cheerleaders with him too. Unfortunately none of them are females. Oh well!

- Tom F. (I was beginning to think we were going to hear Casey Casem with a long distance dedication of "You Don't bring Me Flowers Any More" from Corvalis to Lake Erie)

throwing three ints in a half after replacing the starter is weird...or throwing twice as many int's than td's is weird too

Not weird at all. Playing it safe was why BQ was benched that game. Anderson was basically instructed to air it out & everyone on the field knew it. Pick another game to complain about turnovers, there are better examples.

Not weird at all. Playing it safe was why BQ was benched that game. Anderson was basically instructed to air it out & everyone on the field knew it. Pick another game to complain about turnovers, there are better examples.

Good point Drunky that game was a lose lose for the whole team.

Archived