THE BROWNS BOARD

Buffalo vs Cleveland - Predictions

WPB Dawg Fan

On paper...at least on first glance...this is a no brainer. Buffalo wins. But lets take a look at some of the matchups...

Bills O vs Browns D

1. The Bills OL has struggled, and has not been giving Edwards time or Lynch running lanes. Edwards has been sacked 20 times already this year and Lynch is averaging only 3.5 y/c.

2. The Bills WR corp is SHORT. Both their best WR's are 5'10"...which means the Browns undersized but athletic DB's will match up well with them. Also, their #2 WR Reed is likely out for the game.

3. Almost 1/3 of Edwards completions are to his RB's...which means we can bring the S up for run support instead of playing a cover 2 or umbrella D. This should help against Lynch and keep him closer to the 3.5 y/c he is averaging.

4. WR Evans is averaging nearly 19 yards per catch this season...so we are going to have to take him away with a double team most likely. If Edwards and Evans hook up early it could mean disaster for the Browns.

Browns O vs Bills D

1. The Bills blitz often, but have been ineffective in finishing them as noted by their 14 total sacks. Combine that with our OL and Quinns mobility and he should have plenty of time to pick and chose his targets. The Bills also have only 5 INT's on the year as well, which may be due to the lack of pressure.

2. The Bills have a solid run defense. The give up only 3.7 y/c and are not prone to giving up big plays.

3. The Bills DB's have given up only 24 total plays for more than 20 yards (6 of them for 40+). However BE should have a good matchup as their CB's are 5'9" and 5'11" respectively.

4. J.Lewis is notoriously a good 'bad weather' runner...and the forecast is for snow and cold.

Key Injuries:

Browns have 2/3 or their DL as questionable, with Williams (Shoulder) and Rogers (Neck) on the injury list. Rogers in particular would be a big blow to both the aspects of the defense.

Bills have WR Reed as doubtul (he is their #2 guy), TE Royal (top TE) and CB Whitner as questionable. With the size advantage BE has...Whitner could be a big loss (6'1").

Other:

Both ST's are exceptional...so I am not sure there is much of an advantage there...but Cribbs seems to be back to last years form...so a slight not goes to the Browns.

The Browns are tinkering since putting in Quinn. They expanded the role of Harrison and are expected to do more of that this week. They are adding players into the rotation, including LB Beau Bell and S's Nickerson and Adams. They are also putting CB Daniels into the rotation...and by force of injury have already expanded the DL rotation.

The ball control offense instituted against the Broncos should be evident early, but expect the Browns and Quinn to attempt to take advantage of the size advantage with K2 and BE vs the Bills CB's. With the field slick and low wind...the WR's are going to have the advantage, especially if they are bigger.

I expect this to be a pretty high scoring affair....and I expect Quinn to get win #1...

Browns 33

Bills 31

Guest Masters

Browns 35

Bill 23

Quinn goes for 300 yards, 3TDs, and 1 INT.

Edwards has a huge day, as BUF comes in tight to take away the short game and BQ beats them deep.

Try to talk about the team and not just the QB for once, Lum. It's not that hard if you're a real fan. BQ will play great, win or lose. The defense will show up and prove the doubters wrong. Big night for Jamal, big night for Stallworth.

Browns 27

Bills 24

I think our run D is worse than the Buffalo's, and their Runn offense is slightly better too.

So combine all these factors, and I have to be realisticaly pessimistic.

Bills 24

Browns 21

JADBF....we actually have a BETTER run offense

Browns (22nd) 909 yds, 3.9 y/c

Bills (28th) 810 yds, 3.6 y/c

As for their D....they haven't faced a top 5 rush offense this year (NE was the best at #8)...while the Browns have had 4 games against top 5 rushing offenses (NYG, Was, Bal x2). They have also had 3 games with teams with less than 1000 yds on the season (we had 2, Pittsburgh and Cinci, but Pitt was healthy with Parker when we played them). So those stats are also a bit skewed.

Not saying ours is better, but that we have definitely faced stronger rushing teams.

Both teams show an ability to move the ball and shoot themselves in the foot at the same time. Browns 21, Bills 17.

I'm more convinced that Winslow and Edwards will combine for at least 8 penalties AND bullcrap first-down "look at me" celebrations.

That's one reason why I want Winslow the hell off this team. He can strut and strike a pose catching a first down pass in the first quarter but lets the ball go through his hands at the end of the game when everything is on the line.

Addition by subtraction, baby. It worked for the Cavs and Larry Hughes. The Browns have to adopt the same strategy.

Guest Masters
Addition by subtraction, baby. It worked for the Cavs and Larry Hughes. The Browns have to adopt the same strategy.

Well, with Hughes, he was never on the court anyway. So replacing him with anyone who will actually be on the court is an addition.

The Kool Aid Flows freely in this room... But I think the Browns win this one in NY Giant Fashion 38-24. Actually the Track record for You guys under Romeo ( I`m thinkin` Arbys) Crennel , is that You win BIG Games ...JUST as Romeo is about to get the guillotine ! Enjoy the win... and More of Romeo !

The Kool Aid Flows freely in this room... But I think the Browns win this one in NY Giant Fashion 38-24. Actually the Track record for You guys under Romeo ( I`m thinkin` Arbys) Crennel , is that You win BIG Games ...JUST as Romeo is about to get the guillotine ! Enjoy the win... and More of Romeo !

More of Romeo...

Bite your tongue, I wouldnt even pawn him off on a Pittspuke...

OK maybe I would, HAHA :(

Archived