THE BROWNS BOARD

Matt Roth

Guest CardDawg

Guest CardDawg

Is it me or does Matt Roth have 'Cleveland Brown' stamped on his forehead? This guy is a keeper. He is versatile enough to fit any scheme the Browns decide on under Holmgren and he plays freaking hard.

Even though Roth is in the final year of his four-year contract, this could be more than a one-year arrangement. If there's not an extension to the labor deal by March 2010, the Browns will be able to keep Roth's rights via the rules of restricted free agency.

He has at least 4 sacks now right? In only 5 games. Wow. He is a beast.

Mikey Adams really has turned into a heckuva player. He's so versatile

I like Adams, but he has disappointed me enough this season. What is with some of these DB's that are either on it, or cold? Elam had a decent game yesterday too, but I have already pretty much written him off. McDonald and Wright played extreamly well in some coverages, yet we gave up over 300-yards passing to Charlie Frye. He was killing us underneith yesterday and that has been a sore spot for us since the Detroit game.

I hate that we play the bend but don't break defense. We got carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey by Charlie freaking Frye yet we held them to 9 points. Thank god Frye loves throwing interceptions. Since someone had to say it, Rubin is playing significantly better over center than Rogers was. Anyone notice how our run defense improved dramatically after Rogers left the scene?

I hate that we play the bend but don't break defense. We got carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey by Charlie freaking Frye yet we held them to 9 points. Thank god Frye loves throwing interceptions. Since someone had to say it, Rubin is playing significantly better over center than Rogers was. Anyone notice how our run defense improved dramatically after Rogers left the scene?

I think the gap schemes are better overall without Rogers' freelancing, but that doesn't mean Rubin is a better overall player. Rogers is one of the games most dominant players but sometimes will leave openings that aren't filled cuz guys aren't good enough around him. Rubin has improved dramatically since last year.

I think the gap schemes are better overall without Rogers' freelancing, but that doesn't mean Rubin is a better overall player. Rogers is one of the games most dominant players but sometimes will leave openings that aren't filled cuz guys aren't good enough around him. Rubin has improved dramatically since last year.

I am not saying Rubin is the better player, but our run D has been much better since he has taken over at NT. I would love to see Rogers at DE just to see if he can play it. With Holmgren coming in, we could be switching to a 4-3 and then all bets are off as to who plays where.

Rogers gets almost too much push many times, creating holes behind him or open space for others to be driven into. Rubin fits better with the current scheme.

If we go 4-3 next year though, they will be a great tandum.

Exactly what my point was. I swear I'm a big proponent of taking Rogers every week and putting opposite the other team's worst olineman. Why not? Let him just dominate the guy and fill in the gaps. If they go 4/3 he will play a lot more 1 gap, which will be sweet to watch.

MDP style penetration while manhandling two or three guys at times. Picture Roth cleaning up.

Archived