THE BROWNS BOARD

The Oakland Haters

SJ_Browns

From cleveland.com:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...view_a_fei.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns claimed the Raiders engaged in some foul play on Sunday, beating on Jerome Harrison after he was down and former Brown Gerard Warren twisting Alex Mack's hands and fingers.

"[Warren and I] were getting after each other the whole first half and later in the game he tried to throw me and just started twisting my hands and fingers and I didn't like that," said Mack, who took a swing at Warren.

"They were beating on [Harrison] when he was on the ground and our guys aren't going to let that happen," said Derek Anderson. "There were some unnecessary things going on."

Two Raiders were ejected from the game and the team was penalized 13 times, including five 15-yarders. Two penalties were for unnecessary roughness, two for unsportsmanlike conduct and one for taunting.

"I felt like they were baiting us into some things," said Mike Adams. "I felt like that was their mentality. But we came out in the second half and kept our composure and they got two more 15-yard penalties."

Things got particularly out of hand on the Browns' final drive of the first half, when players fought and flags flew. It started with Mack retaliating against Warren and taking the swing. He was flagged half the distance to the goal line, to the Browns' 6. Two plays later, Richard Seymour and Rex Hadnot were both flagged 15 yards for unnecessary roughness, which offset. But Seymour was penalized 15 yards again for complaining about the call.

Two plays after that, cornerback Stanford Routt was flagged for unnecessary roughness and ejected from the game for head-butting one of the Browns. That moved the Browns to the Oakland 27, and two plays later, Anderson hit Mohamed Massaquoi with a 19-yard touchdown pass.

"It got a little feisty out there," said guard Eric Steinbach. "We didn't keep our cool at first. We're not at choir practice out there. But that late stuff they were doing sparked us and helped us get seven points. We were able to overcome it and not do anything stupid."

Seymour felt the calls were unfair.

"I hit my own teammate," said Seymour. "He went out to make to make a tackle and I hit him. The referee was behind him and didn't see what happened. The film will show it all. He's human and mistakes happen. I think everyone just jumped in. A little spark started the whole thing. It seemed that everything was directed toward us. That's the Raider mystique. You never want to go into a game with a pre-judgment on what you want to do and that's the way we felt it happened."

Mack admitted he let Warren get into his head at first.

"I was fired up after that," he said. "If I hadn't been able to calm down, I wouldn't have been able to play my game. It's definitely a technique."

Hadnot didn't apologize for defending Harrison.

"It's like family here and I was always taught to protect your own," he said. "We just stuck together. ... People aren't intentionally dirty, but you've always got to protect yourself."

I just read those reports while out at lunch. What a bunch of idiots. I am sooooo glad that we have rid ourselves of Gerard Warren and his kind.

Gerard Warren had his one good play and his moment of turmoil in the game, otherwise you wouldn't have known he was on the field. What a puss this guy is.

I just read those reports while out at lunch. What a bunch of idiots. I am sooooo glad that we have rid ourselves of Gerard Warren and his kind.

Gerard Warren had his one good play and his moment of turmoil in the game, otherwise you wouldn't have known he was on the field. What a puss this guy is.

they're just like their idiot coach, tom cable. what a bunch of low life punks, i'm glad we beat and embarassed them.

i loved it. Honestly I wish this happened every game. Shows some passion.

i agree, it did get me fired up seeing our browns not take no crap from those bums. even da got into it lol. nice to see the browns man up and have each others backs!!!! B)

Archived