THE BROWNS BOARD

Woof Woof: Fantasy Football Championship Sunday

kshutchins

Beanpot's League One:

Championship:

Beanpot 101

Huskymania 58

Even though Beanpot looks like he has things well in hand going into Monday Night, Huskymania is still optimistic. 'Mania still has Brett Favre and Min-RB Adrian Peterson to pile on the points tonight. Beans has an ace in the hole: Kicker Ryan Longwell has yet to play. The Minnesota Vikings will be deciding the outcome of the battle for first place.

Jumpin' Jack Flash 93

Flug's Cardiac Kids 53

Jumpin' Jack Flash is jumpin' for joy. Tom Brady (29) and Chris Johnson (20) led the team out front by a substantial margin. Flug's has only Sidney Rice yet to play. It's possible, but unlikely that Rice will score the 41 points needed for Flug's Kids to pass the Flash. Keep your fingers and toes crossed, Tom! (But don't hold your breath.)

Consolation:

Greenville Mayhem 103

alwAysLOsing 67

This one is over even though the score isn't final. Mayhem still has Bernard Berrian hitting the gridiron for Chicago Monday night but ALO is done, finis, kaput. Randy Moss scored 25 points for ALO but Brandon Jacobs offered zip and Aaron Rodgers only came up with 10. Sorry, ALO, you may not ALWAYS be losing but you are this time. Greenville Mayhem has fourth place sewn up and alwAysLOsing is relegated to fifth.

T's Jelly Donuts 97

DTBH 86

T's Jelly's were the underdawgs by a projected 24 points. DTBH may have been counting his chickens rather than checking his lineup because he left the winning points in the coop. Having chosen to play New England's Defense (10) rather than San Francisco's D (21), he'll have the entire off season to second guess his decision. T's Jelly Donuts were able to get playoff caliber performances from Donovan McNabb (21), Ryan Grant (18), and Brent Celek (18). It was only a fight for 7th place but a win is a win. Smells good. Have some Krispy Kreme's to celebrate while victory is hot and fresh.

Pot o' Beans League Two

For the Championship:

Lambdo's Air Show 113

hammertime 97

Lambdo opens: "It's down to old man Favre...Implode old man!" hammertime counters: "I hope Farve doesn't lay an egg." Favre will decide it all. Randy Moss (25) and Jonathan Stewart (22) launched Lambdo into the lead. hammertime fought back with a pounding from Roddy White (29). Both owners will be pacing the sidelines tonight while Favre tries to work his magic. Lambdo is hoping NOT to see and air show from Favre tonight.

Bo and the Boz 127

dirty hands 80

Bo and the Boz could have used these points last week! Tom Brady (29), Wes Welker (22), and San Francisco's D (21) kicked it into high gear for this fight to secure third place. Unfortunately for dirty hands, his lineup was chock full of Indianapolis Colts. Since Colts head coach, Jim Caldwell, put a higher priority on the playoffs than on winning this week's game, most of dirty hands' lineup sat for the last quarter of the game. Peyton Manning, Joseph Addai, Reggie Wayne, and Indy's Defense totalled 18 points rather than the projected 40+ points. The result is that Bo knows a third place trophy is his.

Consolation:

Choo Choo's 68

Beanpot 67

Choo Choo's chugged to victory and fifth place thanks to a costly error by Beanpot. Steven Jackson was questionable and didn't practice because of a sore lower back. Jackson was declared inactive prior to the game. Beans made appropriate adjustments to his League One team, where Jackson was also on the roster, but failed to do the same for this team. It was a costly and uncharacteristic mistake that gave Choo Choo's the inside track to victory. Laurence Maroney (-1) and Cleveland's Defense (4) nearly handed the game back to Beanpot, but the Choo Choo's managed to hang on.

Bermeck's KY Hicks 60

Justin Hermouf 56

The Minnesota Vikings will decide who takes home the seventh place trophy. Bermeck's Hicks put their best foot forward and now all they can do is wait. Min-WR Sidney Rice and the Vikes Defense, who will start for Hermouf, hold the fate of these two teams in their hands.

Flugel’s League 3: Championship & Final Standings on the Line

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:

#1 Project Showtime 93

#2 Victory Formation 93

Project Showtime was favored by 16 points in this Championship match-up but Victory Formation showed up and took the field anyway. The game is tied heading into Monday Night Football where Victory Formation cautions: “we still believe defense wins championships.” The Vikings Defense was put in a favorable position of finishing the job for Victory Formation as Donovan McNabb led the way with 21 points. Furthermore, Victory Formation received double digit scoring from every starter: Larry Fitzgerald 14, Thomas Jones 13, David Akers 13, DeSean Jackson 12, Vernon Davis 10, and Jamaal Charles 10. Project Showetime put up a valiant effort from their 3-pronged attack of Wes Welker (22 points), Chris Johnson (20 points) and Philip Rivers (17 points). Unfortunately for our #1 seed, they don’t have any starters playing tonight so the outlook doesn’t look good for them.

3rd PLACE GAME:

#3 Believeland 66

#4 Rice’s Ryders 60

Believeland’s Packers sent the Ryders packing in this contest before Adrian Peterson even suits up for Monday Night Football. They received 15 points from the Packers Defense and 14 points from Mason Crosby while Carson Palmer added 12. Rice’s Ryders received 13 points from Antonio Gates and Greg Jennings, Julius Jones and Marques Colston all combined to score 11 points apiece. This game might have turned out differently if the Ryders didn’t start Brady Quinn who wore blue jeans and barrowed Tiny Tim’s crutches for the game.

Consolation

5th PLACE & CONSOLATION CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:

#5 Waiting for Noodles 72

#7 Charlie’s Angels 105

Charlie’s Angels appears to have won the Consolation Bracket over Waiting for Noodles in a high scoring game. The Angels were led by Tom Brady’s 29 points and LT added 17 points while Miles Austin, Anquan Boldin and Andre Johnson scored 15 points apiece to help produce that 3rd digit sum on the scoreboard. Waiting for Noodles received 21 points from the Falcons Defense and 16 points from Santonio Holmes but Brandon Jacobs’ unforeseen goose egg knocked them out of the race. The Noodles have an outside shot if Bernard Berrian can score 34 points tonight.

7th PLACE GAME:

#6 Dot the I 37

#8 Runn Uu OVer 65

Dot the I got run over by Ryan Grant who scored 18 points before they got passed over by Steve Smith’s 15 points and Jason Witten’s 13. Dot the I received 15 points from Matt Schaub but they started Pierre Garcon who wasn’t in uniform to water down scoring. Here’s the deal on this game: Runn Uu Over has Jay Cutler starting tonight which can remove points from a scoreboard as fast as an opponent can score them. Meanwhile the I has Johnny Knox starting so this one has a chance to get amusing but the point differential at this time might be too much to overcome.

Stay tuned for Final Updates and Standings.

Here's one more thanks to the Beanpot Trot and Kathy and everyone in League 2. It was a lot of fun.

I'm not sure why my team decided to tank in the playoffs...still can't shake off the remnants of my 162nd game meltdown in the '08 baseball league I guess. But I'll take solace in having the most points and best record overall.

Rest assured....Bo will be back.

Here's one more thanks to the Beanpot Trot and Kathy and everyone in League 2. It was a lot of fun.

I'm not sure why my team decided to tank in the playoffs...still can't shake off the remnants of my 162nd game meltdown in the '08 baseball league I guess. But I'll take solace in having the most points and best record overall.

Rest assured....Bo will be back.

Good luck there with your 'solace' :rolleyes:

Thanks to all, it was fun.

Congratulations to all of the winners from the Browns Board.

And thank you Kathy and Tom. You guys are the best and have done a great job as usual. You both have made these reports fun to read and infomative at the same time. :)

And don't worry League 4, our report will be here shortly to announce our winner as well. Sent it in this afternoon.

Heidi

Until this championship game, I really think that was the story of the league. Not the fact you had a crummy playoff game (easy to happen), but the fact you and Dirty Hands just toyed with the rest of the league throughout the season. You guys both had nearly 200 more points than the third highest scoring team during the season and you both wound up playing for 3rd place. Doesn't take away a thing from Hammer and his awesome win, just more evidence that it's a crazy game/diversion.

You better be back next year, CIMO!

Beanpot

Archived