THE BROWNS BOARD

What does the Walrus bring to the table

Steeler SChick

... up there in dirty, dirty Cleveland?

This doesn't make sense to me. Why would Holmgren want to go to Cleveland? Bigger question - why would Cleveland fans want Holmgren?

Holmgren's a QB guy. He was tagged with that label with his stint with Bratt Favrvrve and he seemed to do a decent job with Tassleneck, but he's not in a coaching role here so how does BQ benefit?

He's presumably being brought here to rebuild the team. Anyone check his resume, how many teams has he rebuilt in this capacity? Before yinz go for that lifeline, here's the answer - zero. Can he succeed? Maybe, there's a lot of low hanging fruit with this franchise but it will take time.

Consider it for what it is - he's going to learn on the job. I never considered him much of a HC - how can you look bad with Farvrve as your QB and how do you take an NFC West team to the SB and not continue to be dominant in the then worst division in the league? Plus he's an offense guy, his strength isn't with defense so don't expect big improvements on D anytime soon, but hey - who knows. Maybe yinz'll get lucky - even a blind nut finds a squirrel every now and then.

My guess is that one of the first big moves might be to throw mangina overboard. Easy move and it gives the impression of cleaning house, but yinz'll have to work in yet another HC. Maybe it will be Cowher, at least yinz'll have a guy who knows something about defense.

I would be skeptical about bringing the walrus aboard, but - like mangina, no doubt stains fans will be hailing this as the move that pulls the stains out of the trash can.

We'll see.

Regards

.... an'at

... up there in dirty, dirty Cleveland?

This doesn't make sense to me. Why would Holmgren want to go to Cleveland? Bigger question - why would Cleveland fans want Holmgren?

Holmgren's a QB guy. He was tagged with that label with his stint with Bratt Favrvrve and he seemed to do a decent job with Tassleneck, but he's not in a coaching role here so how does BQ benefit?

He's presumably being brought here to rebuild the team. Anyone check his resume, how many teams has he rebuilt in this capacity? Before yinz go for that lifeline, here's the answer - zero. Can he succeed? Maybe, there's a lot of low hanging fruit with this franchise but it will take time.

Consider it for what it is - he's going to learn on the job. I never considered him much of a HC - how can you look bad with Farvrve as your QB and how do you take an NFC West team to the SB and not continue to be dominant in the then worst division in the league? Plus he's an offense guy, his strength isn't with defense so don't expect big improvements on D anytime soon, but hey - who knows. Maybe yinz'll get lucky - even a blind nut finds a squirrel every now and then.

My guess is that one of the first big moves might be to throw mangina overboard. Easy move and it gives the impression of cleaning house, but yinz'll have to work in yet another HC. Maybe it will be Cowher, at least yinz'll have a guy who knows something about defense.

I would be skeptical about bringing the walrus aboard, but - like mangina, no doubt stains fans will be hailing this as the move that pulls the stains out of the trash can.

We'll see.

Regards

.... an'at

Maybe you should be more concerned with YOUR own team than with ours, your'e not exactly having a "stellar" season yourselves. :rolleyes:

When you type the word "yinz", do you stop fondling your sister so you can do it with both hands, or do you prefer to keep groping her boobs with the other hand??

What Holmgren lacks in experience in his current role, he makes up for with success in the challenges he has faced in the past. Through every promotion he has shown an ability to adapt and excel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Holmgren

He will be learning on the job but he is a quick study and which one of us (in a job we enjoy) is not learning on the job constantly? He has not failed to date unless you count trying to perform two very difficult positions simultaneously at Seattle. Even he admits to mistakes of the past in that regard.

there is always a chance he may be in over his head this time but the odds are good that he is going to bring a level of success/competitiveness to this team that has been missing since 99. With no sure things in the NFL, this is about as close as one can get.

What Holmgren lacks in experience in his current role, he makes up for with success in the challenges he has faced in the past. Through every promotion he has shown an ability to adapt and excel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Holmgren

He will be learning on the job but he is a quick study and which one of us (in a job we enjoy) is not learning on the job constantly? He has not failed to date unless you count trying to perform two very difficult positions simultaneously at Seattle. Even he admits to mistakes of the past in that regard.

there is always a chance he may be in over his head this time but the odds are good that he is going to bring a level of success/competitiveness to this team that has been missing since 99. With no sure things in the NFL, this is about as close as one can get.

Good reply.

Forum hacks, take note.

Let me ask you a question, you would know this better than me. How restrictive (or hands off) is the stains ownership? Will the walrus be given latitude or will he be restricted in any way?

Regards

... an'at

So what's your excuse going to be when all of Cowhers guys are gone from the squeelers and they become a -.500 team because Tomlin sucks? Your still living off of what Bill built and it's fading fast. Your record proves it.

They say that people like you only talk crap when they feel threatened. Maybe you realized that the Browns can only go up from here on out and the squeelers can only go down. Hell we wiped our ass with your qb about what, 8 times? I would be worried to.

Archived