THE BROWNS BOARD

espn all over Bretts knob tonight

manbearpig

what's just as bad is watching the referee continually helping up Favre...that doesn't happen to other Qb's..

Honestly I think this tv is gonna blow up! If the Vikings lose this game, I bet they flop and praise the Bears. Nevermind the Bears just did it!

hahahahahaha!!!! Brett you FAIL! I think he creates problems with his coaches now that he thinks he's a coach himself. I know he is an amazing QB but I feel he makes the coaches (this year and last) question their ability.

Wow, what is with the Farve hate? The dude made all the clutch throws down the stretch, it was an excellent performance.

Even if the Refs helped him up, he still never drew a flag even though he was hit and repeatidly driven to the frozen turf after every pass.

You guys are as bad as the local Cleveland media. Last nights MNF game was awesome. Great Bears crowd, great QB'ing, bit hits with bodies being carted off what seemed like every quarter. An ice-in-veins comback, OT, and only failure by one of the games best RB's determined the outcome only capped by another clutch pass to end it.

Winfield had about as worst of a game as I have ever seen him play. They said he was playing on a bum ankle, but he is also up in age and got ran past several times with the Bears seeming to be attacking the great corner.

Great game, one of the best I've seen this season.

Wow, what is with the Farve hate?

Favre can blow me.

He tanked the Jets and snaked out his old team.

If Brian fu*king Sipe went to the Shittsburgh Squeelers he'd suck too.

This sport is just barely on the outside edge of pro wrestling but if there's anything that should be respected it's teamwork, loyalty and honor.

Even if it's a facade.

Sadly that's all fading fast.

Naive? Sure. So what else is there?

Why should anybody root for an asshole?

WSS

Favre can blow me.

He tanked the Jets and snaked out his old team.

If Brian fu*king Sipe went to the Shittsburgh Squeelers he'd suck too.

This sport is just barely on the outside edge of pro wrestling but if there's anything that should be respected it's teamwork, loyalty and honor.

Even if it's a facade.

Sadly that's all fading fast.

Naive? Sure. So what else is there?

Why should anybody root for an asshole?

WSS

Oh, so Bernie Kosar, Clay Matthews, Eric Turner and all others can blow you too?

Last night was great. You have a MNF icon trying to convert his 42nd game winning drive in the freezing cold of Soldier field with hostile Bears fans screaming their lungs out to prevent it from happening.

The Packers thought he had 'diminished skills', the Jets rented him for a season as if they were the Florida Marlins (I have more of a problem with the team, not the player), and the Vikings took a chance on him when everyone laughed at them and he is shoving it down peoples throat. The guy has proven he can still play and is still one of the elite QB's in the league.

He's a true gun slinger, not this pussy WCO dink-n-dunk system bullshit.

He's a Maverick ... I like the guy. He is still one of my all-time favorite NFL players to see in person and who aw'ed me in the Barry Sanders, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Pete Rose sense ...

Blow me.

not quite what he used to be....

years ago, i remember laughing at him after a sack when he would smack the defenders in the face mask and talk trash. loved that shit.....a QB that would taunt DL's with 'that's al ya got?"

now, i end up laughing as the refs pull him from the turf with crossed eyes.

his body is failing, and its getting pretty bad. losing that first round bye.....there's just no way he can play 3 more games.

not quite what he used to be....

years ago, i remember laughing at him after a sack when he would smack the defenders in the face mask and talk trash. loved that shit.....a QB that would taunt DL's with 'that's al ya got?"

now, i end up laughing as the refs pull him from the turf with crossed eyes.

his body is failing, and its getting pretty bad. losing that first round bye.....there's just no way he can play 3 more games.

Brett Farve is the third highest rated QB in the League THIS YEAR, with a 104.3-QB Rating

He is just 114-yrds shy of 4,000 yrds on the season with a game left. Tossing 29-TD's to only 7-INT's.

If he made a mistake coming back, and if the Vikings could have found a better available QB, please why/how.

Farve is still great.

That was a great game last night, two division rivals playing on grass, winter conditions, national TV, etc.

I used to like Favre when he was on the Packers, chasing the Superbowl dream. He got there, & won it all- it was a great story, how he was basically an afterthought and cast aside by Jerry Glanville back in the day.

Fast forward to 2009, how he orchestrated his own free agency (from the Jets) to sign with one of Green Bay's arch-rivals. This whole scenario tells me he thought he was/is bigger than the game itself (and of course, ESPN lauded him for this). His personal agenda, to get back at Green Bay, was satisfied (swept the Pack).

I do understand that he would be bitter about the way his Packer career ended, I think he had earned the right to retire in Green Bay. I just can't understand how he gets away with orchestrating his free agency & gets red-carpet treatment from the media (mainly ESPN) about it.

Sports coverage today is all about the individual over team accomplishments. What would ESPN do if they didn't jam Favre, LeBron, Kobe, Tiger, A-Rod, Jeter, etc. into our tvs everyday?

Just to put things into perspective and to clear some fog away from all the Farve hate:

Brian Sipe had our franchises' greatest season ever, with the following stats (comparable to Farves today):

Sipe: 1980 - 337-of-554 60.8%, 30-TD's, 14 INT's, 4,132-yrds, 91.4 Rating, record 11-5

Farve 2009 - 338-of-500 67.6%, 29-TD's, 7 INT's, 3,886-yrds, 104.4 Rating, record 11-4

Washed up?

Even a collection of Kosar's greatest seasonal stats compiled together don't measure up to what Farve is putting up this year:

Kosar

22 TD's in 86'

3854-yrds in 85'

95.4 Rrating in 85'

9 INT's in 91'

(based on a full season of play)

Get off Farve's Knob, he proved you all wrong.

Brett Farve is the third highest rated QB in the League THIS YEAR, with a 104.3-QB Rating

He is just 114-yrds shy of 4,000 yrds on the season with a game left. Tossing 29-TD's to only 7-INT's.

If he made a mistake coming back, and if the Vikings could have found a better available QB, please why/how.

Farve is still great.

sure, he's doing great. im not disputing that....

they've dropped 3 of 4, mostly because AP isn't getting carries. he's bitching at the coaches and thinks he's above the game now....think this losing streak has anything to do with his malcontent?

turnovers are his problem.....thats really all im gettin' at. he thinks he can still do it down the stretch, but his body fails him on some occasions. whats the excuse gonna be this year when they dont make it......childress holding him back.....canker sores causing irritation?

his best days are behind him, just waitin for the old coot to realize he's being propped up by the league and isn't what he used to be.

Wow, what is with the Farve hate? The dude made all the clutch throws down the stretch, it was an excellent performance.

Even if the Refs helped him up, he still never drew a flag even though he was hit and repeatidly driven to the frozen turf after every pass.

You guys are as bad as the local Cleveland media. Last nights MNF game was awesome. Great Bears crowd, great QB'ing, bit hits with bodies being carted off what seemed like every quarter. An ice-in-veins comback, OT, and only failure by one of the games best RB's determined the outcome only capped by another clutch pass to end it.

Winfield had about as worst of a game as I have ever seen him play. They said he was playing on a bum ankle, but he is also up in age and got ran past several times with the Bears seeming to be attacking the great corner.

Great game, one of the best I've seen this season.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was an awesome game. I just got sick of hearing the announcers slobbering all over Brett the entire time.

sure, he's doing great. im not disputing that....

they've dropped 3 of 4, mostly because AP isn't getting carries. he's bitching at the coaches and thinks he's above the game now....think this losing streak has anything to do with his malcontent?

turnovers are his problem.....thats really all im gettin' at. he thinks he can still do it down the stretch, but his body fails him on some occasions. whats the excuse gonna be this year when they dont make it......childress holding him back.....canker sores causing irritation?

his best days are behind him, just waitin for the old coot to realize he's being propped up by the league and isn't what he used to be.

You do realize that it was AP that lost last nights OT loss with a fumble in OT and it was Farve that brought them back and tied the game in the final seconds of regulation with a TD pass?

Farve has also only thrown 7-INT's this season in 500 attempts, to 7-fumbles Adrian Peterson has coughed up in 305 carriers.

Peterson averages 302 carries per season since entering the league, he is at 305 right now with a game left. What has really picked up though is that Peterson had 393 receiving yards combined in his first two seasons, and has put up 435 alone this season with Farve at the helm. His TD's are way up to, from 10 in 363 carries in 2008, to 17 TD's in 58 less carries this year.

I'd say Farve has helped Peterson as much as Peterson has helped Farve ... Did someone mention team game?

Oh, so Bernie Kosar, Clay Matthews, Eric Turner and all others can blow you too?

Any Cleveland Brown who throws his lot in with the Shittsburgh Squeelers, (the enemies of goodness and light) can blow me.

Just translate it to Pack/Vikes.

Matter O fact Stan, if you start up www.theravensboard.com YOU can get in line.

:o

WSS

I don't understand the hatred for Farve. It's not his fault about the coverage on him. A 40 year old QB excelling is a good thing, it's a good story. Or would you rather hear about how many women Tiger banged. This is a good thing.

I have liked Farve since Green Bay. IMO the best QB to play the game. Just the consecutive games streak should mean the world. My favorite non-Brown of all time.

p.s. Plus I lived in the Northwoods of WI and Green Bay has always been my 2nd team.

I don't understand the hatred for Farve. It's not his fault about the coverage on him. A 40 year old QB excelling is a good thing, it's a good story.

p.s. Plus I lived in the Northwoods of WI and Green Bay has always been my 2nd team.

I don't hate Favre, just don't like him nearly as much as I used too. The guy still has a cannon for an arm, was making some great throws Monday night. I think George Blanda & Warren Moon are the only QBs that were this effective in their 40s.

The coverage of him isn't entirely his fault, but I don't think anybody can deny this guy loves the public eye, & all the attention ESPN gives him. One of his ex-team mates blasted him for this last week (LeRoy Butler?).

BTW, upper Wisconsin is a great place to vacation, and that Door County peninsula is sweet too. I've done a lot of camping in Wisconsin & the UP of Michigan

Archived