THE BROWNS BOARD

Tracy McGrady

cambridgeho

The Rockets are looking to deal him right now. He is 6-8 and can shoot the rock, he also is a decent defender. To have him at our 2 instead of Parker right now would be glorious. He would have an expiring salary and another piece for Lebron for the next 4-6 years. He is only 30, so he still has some time left.

any thoughts

I say thanks but no thanks, the way he SCREWED the Rockets last year is terrible. I think Bill Simmons wrote a blurb about it:

(And by the way, nobody loves basketball more than me. I mean, NOBODY. But when an NBA player with two years remaining on his contract for a total of $44 million shows up for the season out of shape, complains most of the year, lets down his teammates and fans again and again, lands in some trade rumors and decides, "Instead of getting traded to a team I don't like, I'm going to announce that I'm getting microfracture surgery four days before the trade deadline and kill any potential trade, and even better, I'll be healed by next spring, just in time to showcase myself for another contract," and successfully pulls this off -- with no repercussions from anybody -- then yes, the system is broken and needs to be fixed. Because that was disgusting. Tracy McGrady, you are officially indefensible for the rest of eternity. Even your cousin Vince wouldn't have done that. And that's saying something.)

Link to Article

I couldn't agree more. The way he handled the whole situation, he was going to be traded......period. He had a good chance at going to a bad team because of his expiring contract (09-10) that is up at the end of this year, so then he opts for surgery and forces the Rockets to sit on this 20 million dollar salary for the 08-09 and 09-10 season. I live in Houston and watch a lot of Rockets games, they are a talented young team that has been playing extremely well without their two biggest players. Then T-mac basically handcuffs the franchise and doesn't allow it to get any better.

BTW, I love what Daryl Morey and Rick Adelman are doing. They basically told T-mac to f@#% off. They know he is ready to go and will put up big numbers, but since he screwed them last year they are not allowing him to showcase his talents plus I think they don't want him influencing that young core group of players.

F*#$ T-mac

Switching gears slightly, I have to give props to Danny Ferry; I think he is doing a hell of a job. I think that the NBA salary cap is the hardest cap to manage. He has himself set for alot of financial freedom this season and next. Another Bill Simmons blurb, this one discussing possible trade scenarios:

(By the way, have you noticed all the different ways Cleveland can improve in the next two months? As a Celtics fan, I am getting progressively more terrified as this column keeps going. And I was already scared. Did you see them blow away Phoenix with small ball and LeBron playing power forward the other night? That was the best quarter I've seen any team play this season. As I tweeted that night, Cleveland's small-ball lineup is poop-in-your-pants terrifying. Thank God Mike Brown hasn't noticed.)

link to article

Nice articles. Good writing.

The NBA is in trouble. I never really thought about T-Mac being like that, but you know what, he is an asshole.

But you have to ask yourself this, why are the owners paying Raef LaFrentz $15 million a year. They can say NO! Look at Portland, a damn good team with 1/2 the salary of the Cavs or Lakers. And is Oden not playing.

No rules are going to change the culture in the NBA. The owners are going to have to stop paying them, plain and simple.

I say thanks but no thanks, the way he SCREWED the Rockets last year is terrible. I think Bill Simmons wrote a blurb about it:

(And by the way, nobody loves basketball more than me. I mean, NOBODY. But when an NBA player with two years remaining on his contract for a total of $44 million shows up for the season out of shape, complains most of the year, lets down his teammates and fans again and again, lands in some trade rumors and decides, "Instead of getting traded to a team I don't like, I'm going to announce that I'm getting microfracture surgery four days before the trade deadline and kill any potential trade, and even better, I'll be healed by next spring, just in time to showcase myself for another contract," and successfully pulls this off -- with no repercussions from anybody -- then yes, the system is broken and needs to be fixed. Because that was disgusting. Tracy McGrady, you are officially indefensible for the rest of eternity. Even your cousin Vince wouldn't have done that. And that's saying something.)

Link to Article

I couldn't agree more. The way he handled the whole situation, he was going to be traded......period. He had a good chance at going to a bad team because of his expiring contract (09-10) that is up at the end of this year, so then he opts for surgery and forces the Rockets to sit on this 20 million dollar salary for the 08-09 and 09-10 season. I live in Houston and watch a lot of Rockets games, they are a talented young team that has been playing extremely well without their two biggest players. Then T-mac basically handcuffs the franchise and doesn't allow it to get any better.

BTW, I love what Daryl Morey and Rick Adelman are doing. They basically told T-mac to f@#% off. They know he is ready to go and will put up big numbers, but since he screwed them last year they are not allowing him to showcase his talents plus I think they don't want him influencing that young core group of players.

F*#$ T-mac

Switching gears slightly, I have to give props to Danny Ferry; I think he is doing a hell of a job. I think that the NBA salary cap is the hardest cap to manage. He has himself set for alot of financial freedom this season and next. Another Bill Simmons blurb, this one discussing possible trade scenarios:

(By the way, have you noticed all the different ways Cleveland can improve in the next two months? As a Celtics fan, I am getting progressively more terrified as this column keeps going. And I was already scared. Did you see them blow away Phoenix with small ball and LeBron playing power forward the other night? That was the best quarter I've seen any team play this season. As I tweeted that night, Cleveland's small-ball lineup is poop-in-your-pants terrifying. Thank God Mike Brown hasn't noticed.)

link to article

I retract wanting him now, thanks for the eye opener.

kobe is the closest thing to MJ that ive seen on a basketball court.... Yes he isnt the "man" or even "MJ" status yet... but only time will tell... As far as Kobe Vs. Tracy.... I think Kobe is better now, and but they are both improving so much its hard to tell

Archived