THE BROWNS BOARD

DEREK ANDERSON CAN BE THAT GUY

Riffer X

Folks, with Homesgren coming on I firmly believe he is going to put his reputation on the line and select DA as his QB for next season. After watching film I'm sure he sees the massive arm and pocket skills the guy possesses, not to mention his unquestioned precision and game management traits. The guy gets rid of the ball quick so the oline loves him not taking sacks, another huge plus.

Think about it, all the guy needs to do is develop a better short game to go along with his rifle arm downfield and walla, we got ourselves a stud. Just get a good QB coach to work with him and he can become a dominant QB. This guy may have only been a 6th rounder, but he made the Pro Bowl for goodness sakes. Back in 2007 he went 10-5 as a starter and threw for 29 TD's, so you know Homes is looking at that Seahawks game that year as an example of how DA can light it up. He also had a very big Monday Night Game last year against the Giants,

I'd stake my rep that since DA is the guy the locker room respects (since Queen got punched by team leader Shaun Smith) that Homes will demand whoever the coach is to make DA the unquestioned starter from day one of mini camp. Just my opinion, but my money is on Derek Anderson as the Browns QB for a long time to come.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is hard for me to believe that.

>> the salary. Unless DA renegotiates his contract, it is an expensive risk.

>> time line. DA has been here for over 3 season now and while he offers spectacular throws, he does not offer consistency and improvements. He needs a dedicated QB coach for sure.

>> WCO. If Holmgren is going WCO , then BQ will seem the btr fit than DA.

It is increasingly harder for me to see DA here thanks to those factors. Also I see us going after a veteran QB cos both our QB's have not shown consistency and need some guidance.

edit or delete it and ban him.

Such angst on this board today.

My feelings are all atwist right now.

Stan, please ban these guys attacking me for just saying my opinion. I did nothing to deserve this.

Well......I did bring Lums back from the dead.

Folks, with Homesgren coming on I firmly believe he is going to put his reputation on the line and select DA as his QB for next season. After watching film I'm sure he sees the massive arm and pocket skills the guy possesses, not to mention his unquestioned precision and game management traits. The guy gets rid of the ball quick so the oline loves him not taking sacks, another huge plus.

Think about it, all the guy needs to do is develop a better short game to go along with his rifle arm downfield and walla, we got ourselves a stud. Just get a good QB coach to work with him and he can become a dominant QB. This guy may have only been a 6th rounder, but he made the Pro Bowl for goodness sakes. Back in 2007 he went 10-5 as a starter and threw for 29 TD's, so you know Homes is looking at that Seahawks game that year as an example of how DA can light it up. He also had a very big Monday Night Game last year against the Giants,

I'd stake my rep that since DA is the guy the locker room respects (since Queen got punched by team leader Shaun Smith) that Homes will demand whoever the coach is to make DA the unquestioned starter from day one of mini camp. Just my opinion, but my money is on Derek Anderson as the Browns QB for a long time to come.

Um, wow... did you not watch the majority of 2008, and his few starts this year, and the last half of 2007?

He is inconsistent at best with his accuracy. He can't move worth a damn to avoid a sack, often moving right into the sack.

He is prone to throwing interceptions.

I don't know if Quinn is the man or not (leaning towards not) but I know DA isn't.

I'm not gonna bash you I'm going to agree...................kinda.

If you had to pick one of these guys to coach up it would hands-down be Derek Andersuck. Because Quinn's flaws come from an absolute lack of essential god-given QB skills that cannot be coached into a player. DA at least has the tools to play in the league. Problem is, we're not sure he can be coached up anymore at this point. However, if the running game continues to blossom, DA would benefit more so than Quinn from it. DA does have WAAAY more upside than Quinn and not too many football minds can argue against that. And in 2007 when Jamal was a legitimate running threat, this offense flourished with the heavy use of the play-action pass. Its not too far fetched of an idea at all. Although, will either of these guys be here next year? Probably not. And I cannot imagine any Brown's fan would care very much.

Could Holmgren's "hard decisions" include trading the hometown hero that he does not seem to be enamoured with?

I'm not gonna bash you I'm going to agree...................kinda.

If you had to pick one of these guys to coach up it would hands-down be Derek Andersuck. Because Quinn's flaws come from an absolute lack of essential god-given QB skills that cannot be coached into a player. DA at least has the tools to play in the league. Problem is, we're not sure he can be coached up anymore at this point. However, if the running game continues to blossom, DA would benefit more so than Quinn from it. DA does have WAAAY more upside than Quinn and not too many football minds can argue against that. And in 2007 when Jamal was a legitimate running threat, this offense flourished with the heavy use of the play-action pass. Its not too far fetched of an idea at all. Although, will either of these guys be here next year? Probably not. And I cannot imagine any Brown's fan would care very much.

Could Holmgren's "hard decisions" include trading the hometown hero that he does not seem to be enamoured with?

Like you said, I agree with you......kinda.

Anderson does have all the physical attributes, but at this point, I don't know if the mental attributes can be coached into him. Those botched short touch passes are mental errors, you don't need to be an NFL caliber qb to throw a screen pass. Anderson gets in the way of himself and I don't know if that is going to change. Same with him spinning into sacks. You don't see many QBs run into sacks like DA does. I think he gets panicky in both short throws and under pressure. Now with Quinn, despite all those muscles, he can't throw the deep ball for sh!t. Sure it gets there, but it wobbles and floats. No amount of "time to develop" is going to fix that. Even his intermediate throws seems to hang in the air a bit. Now what is fixable with quinn is his ball placement. He seems to be so afraid of throwing an INT that he errs on the side of safety too often. Where anderson tries to squeak a pass in a tight place, BQ just tosses it out of bounds. How many sideline routes have we watched this year where BQ just tossed it OB. Those weren't all by mistake. I don't know how many 3 and dones we had bc of BQ's excessive fear of throwing a pick. I'm not saying he shouldn't be careful, but damn, grow a pair and make some throws. All this being said, both QBs are most likely career backups and we are stupid for arguing over either of them. It's like arguing that a shit sandwich is better than a turd cake.

Riffer you didn't just bite u tongue u severed that motha...............sympathy to BrownIndian

first time i've seen "Viola" spelled "walla"

Interesting that you picked up on that.

And posted about it.

In fact dedicated an entire post about it.

Because ... it's spelled "voila"

Zombo

--"Voila! ... you're a rabbit."

I thought it was my job to stir the pot ....

Wtf am I suppose to do now?

Stan,

just sit back and enjoy the 2 week ride that usually follows these QB threads, all in the fun that comes with being a Browns fan. I think I would just like to see both of them gone next year so everyone can just get behind the team as a whole again, as that will never happen while either is still here.

Stan,

just sit back and enjoy the 2 week ride that usually follows these QB threads, all in the fun that comes with being a Browns fan. I think I would just like to see both of them gone next year so everyone can just get behind the team as a whole again, as that will never happen while either is still here.

This is how we seperate the men from the boys over here in the States.

(the shemales have already been ousted)

This is how we seperate the men from the boys over here in the States.

(the shemales have already been ousted)

Just trawling whats left to get the remaining bottom feeders ousted, thats fair enough !!!

Dude......precision as one of DA's strengths? You must have been watching a different game than I was last Sunday because I saw a bunch of fastballs 5-6 feet off the mark. I wish DA was the answer, but I can not see that happening. Come on man!

Dude......precision as one of DA's strengths? You must have been watching a different game than I was last Sunday because I saw a bunch of fastballs 5-6 feet off the mark. I wish DA was the answer, but I can not see that happening. Come on man!

Hell yeah precision, what do I have to spell it for ya?

When dude is on he's a clinic. Come on, get off BQ's nuts.

Archived