THE BROWNS BOARD

DEREK ANDERSON CAN BE THAT GUY

Riffer X

It amazes me that just because I don't want DA as the Brown's QB means I automatically love BQ.

Just because someone doesn't like Carrots doesn't mean they also don't like Yams just because they are both Orange.

I here ya bro. Its the most stupid thing I have ever heard in my life. Some time back I said I don't think Quinn is a franchise qb and I was catching it from all sides telling me to get off andersons cock. I don't like Anderson either but most people pn this board can't understand anything.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do know that argument is rather counterintuitive right?

Just because you have shown (without much argument here) that Quinn hasn’t been that stellar, does not in any way prove that DA has or will be. You do know that right?

thats not my point nor my opinion, RIGHT now there are only two guys..... in the offseason either thru trades or free agency or draft might bring us other options. The point i was making is that obvious Brady backers have for the last 3 years been prognosticating BQ greatness based solely from draft and media hype have been wrong. They have been for the last 2 years also predicting DA would be traded/released etc and those are all wrong also. Some of them now point to some oddball idea because Holmgren is the president of the organization and some connection to the WCO schema that DA would be gone or somehow that translates to BQ having more of a chance to continue here. I think that line of reasoning is flawed and the basis of some dated idea of the WCO benefitting quinns overall offensive abilities is also flawed.

This is not really about DA, rather that right now only one of these guys has an NFL arm and I would not make an assumption on him being released or traded so easily. It would not surprise me if Holmgren gets someone better. At the same time QBs who are responsible for 31tds 3700 yards 10 wins(saddled with a terrible defense) in a season without getting a majority of that years preseason snaps that are under 28 are not that easy to find..... Holmgren probably watched that Monday Night game against the then NFL champs against the Giants and remembered his own Seattle team along with the 2007 1st cincy game along with the 2007 season.... I am sure he is going to know about all of the skill players injuries and problems (Winslow/Edwards/STallworth) of last year along with new 2008 Offensive coordinator that had a different scheme than 2007. and this years new offensive coordinator and coach.....Concussion, little to no skill players and splitting training camp time with BRady..... He will look at the 4 sub 100 yard games from brady this year and the games from last year along with our 2 wins this year IN SPITE of a piss poor performance from Brady......

NOthing is set in stone for or against either of these two guys, either to keep them/trade,draft etc. Yes there are major drawbacks with DA and Brady but the brady backers and DA haters really only see how much they dont like DA. I can see a case to keep Brady because of his relative age, intelligence, and work ethic along with constantly sharing time with DA in preseason and regular schedule, he also suffered from the same offensive scheming and coaching along with skill player defencies. I dont think anything is set in stone just because Holmgren is president......

A helluva arm doesn't a QB make.

Eggs-actly! Kyle Boller got drafted up there in the upper half of round 1 because he could throw the ball 65 yards on his knees. The trouble is he can't ever throw the ball anywhere near his receivers. Not only that but usually when a QB is landing on his knees:

1) he's down

2) he's not facing the right direction

3) there's prolly some burley basterd with bad breath and excessive testosterone pouncing on his upper extremities to prevent launchies.

- Tom F.

Archived