THE BROWNS BOARD

Good News?

CJ12

I have started noticing that the Bengals season last year is alot like the Browns season this year. Starting very slow, and ending great. Yes, the Bengals have Carson Palmer back, but do you think this could be a signof hope even though we dont have as many "star" players as them. We do have a bunch of unselfish players. We just need a strong draft and strong free agency and we might be looking at 7 or 8 wins next year.

I honestly believe that 2 playmakers on each side of the ball would make a HUGE difference. Now that we have depth, we can (hopefully) go after the "studs".

Mike

Guest Metcalf_FTW

We could be a playoff team next season with four additions, health, and a little bit of luck.

Veteran Wide Receiver

Upgraded Safety

Right Tackle

Tight End (I like Moore, but he hasn't proven he can consistently play)

I honestly believe that 2 playmakers on each side of the ball would make a HUGE difference. Now that we have depth, we can (hopefully) go after the "studs".

Mike

I agree Mike...one way or another we need a right side offensive line player and a true #1 receiver...I can live with Anderson or Quinn another year....and who knows, maybe they shine....and a note to all, please don't turn this in to another QB thread based on that comment...I was trying to be neural, balanced, and fair.

On D, it's harder to say depending on what type of D we play, but a killer corner, and top backer are needed.

I say corner over safety because if you have a shut down guy on one side of the field, even average safeties look pretty good if they can eliminate 1 receiver from the mix. It makes it a whole lot simpler.

I completely agree. QB isn't really a big need for this team. I can live with either one especially after watching last weeks game. 2 big play makers on each side would be a huge improvement. I like the idea of a top corner to take away one side of the field.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

I have no problem with our cornerbacks ability to cover, however, tackling is another story. I like Wright's speed, but that kid is so soft when it comes to finishing a tackle. Brandon McDonald is very inconsistent, but every once in a while he has a few games in a row looking like a Pro Bowler. A shutdown corner would be awesome, but we need safety help before that. I don't think we need to draft any linebackers, but secondary and a stud defensive lineman would be great. Wouldn't it be great if we found another Rubin in late rounds.

I have no problem with our cornerbacks ability to cover, however, tackling is another story. I like Wright's speed, but that kid is so soft when it comes to finishing a tackle. Brandon McDonald is very inconsistent, but every once in a while he has a few games in a row looking like a Pro Bowler. A shutdown corner would be awesome, but we need safety help before that. I don't think we need to draft any linebackers, but secondary and a stud defensive lineman would be great. Wouldn't it be great if we found another Rubin in late rounds.

Don't get me wrong, I would take Berry over nearly anybody else....but i would take Joe Haden over the next best safety, whoever you want to tag as the next best safety.

My comments are jaded by where we are likely to pick and who is likely to be available. WR, CB, and OL are positions we might be able to get get the top player.

All are positions of need as well.

It is a perfect marriage.

Don't get me wrong, I would take Berry over nearly anybody else....but i would take Joe Haden over the next best safety, whoever you want to tag as the next best safety.

My comments are jaded by where we are likely to pick and who is likely to be available. WR, CB, and OL are positions we might be able to get get the top player.

All are positions of need as well.

It is a perfect marriage.

Again, drafting a safety in the top 10 picks for someone who seems to be very polarizing as to whether he's actually going to be good in the NFL is ludicrous. We should NOT draft this guy where he's likely to go.

I agree completely that we can wait on a Qb. Although i could see us drafting one later since there is sooooo many pretty good ones or even signing a servicable free agent who will give either two a run for their unearned money.

As for the draft we will have to wait and see. There is still the senior bowl and combines. I say we draft best player available on the O-Line or D-Line. I would sure love to have Spiller but is way too much of a reach at 5-9. Or I would love if we trade down again like last year and pick up another 2nd rounder.

We could be a playoff team next season with four additions, health, and a little bit of luck.

Veteran Wide Receiver

Upgraded Safety

Right Tackle

Tight End (I like Moore, but he hasn't proven he can consistently play)

I agree. I suspect everyone agrees we need a veteran wide receiver.... which brings up one question.... Come February, does the team announce Stallworth has been a good citizen this past season and that he deserves a look in the spring and summer, or do they look elsewhere as soon as the offseason hits.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

I am wondering if he would be fit enough to play? Michael Vick went to prison and has looked mediocre at best - definitely not the same player, but at the same time, Vick was in longer than Stallworth. Who knows, but D.S. is a slot receiver, I never liked using him as a number two. I What do we do with Furrey next season? Does he get back into the mix as WR or play more at safety and special teams?

Archived