THE BROWNS BOARD

Capital One Bowl, Penn St. vs LSU

ATENEARS

Penn State vs LSU, January 1st, 1:00pm, ABC

Top NFL Draft Prospects for the Capital One Bowl:

brandonlafell.jpg

1. Brandon Lafell, WR, LSU (Pictured)

Big possession receiver a la Dwayne Bowe. Can stretch the field with his size (6-3/210) if not his speed (4.5), while his great hands give QB's over the middle and on the sidelines. Will make a team very happy in the first round.

2. Navorro Bowman, LB, Penn State

Has had a few legal/personal issues that will bump him down to the 2nd round, but Bowman is a solid defender that can create havoc at the line of scrimmage. Not a huge pass-rusher, but can hold his own in the flats.

3. Chad Jones, FS, LSU

Big size (6-3/235) and quick feet make scouts drool, even though his body of work hasn't been anything amazing. He shows tons of potential, and that is enough to warrant an early 3rd round grade.

Odrick can be a beast at times... I put him and Heyward in the same category - just below Suh of course. Bowman could be a stud, but, not sure where he would fit into the 3-4 at... but he can fly.

I wouldnt be dissatisified if we could get 2 of the bunch between Heyward, Odrick, Bowman, Jones..... Petersen didnt impress me much, but this game was hard to judge by with the deplorable field conditions. But, he couldnt be any worse that what we have.....

Archived