THE BROWNS BOARD

Sugar Bowl Florida Gator vs Cincinnati Bearcats

ATENEARS

Cincinnati vs Florida, January 1st, 8:30pm, FOX/ESPN Radio

Top NFL Draft Prospects for the Sugar Bowl:

CarlosDunlap.jpg

1. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida (Pictured)

An absolute monster at 6-6/290 with the speed to get to the QB and strength to hold up against the run. Will play his best at right DE in a 4-3 -- similar to Mario Williams and Julius Peppers in his unique skill-set. Should be a top 15 pick.

2. Mardy Gilyard, WR/KR, Cinci

Quick-twitch athlete that will try and replicate the success of Desean Jackson in the kicking and receiving game. An extremely productive player in college, Gilyard will be picked in the 2nd or 3rd round.

3. Tony Pike, QB, Cinci

The real QB to watch in this matchup, Pike's prototypical size and arm will result in a 2nd-3rd round pick, probably ahead of some guy named Tebow.

4. Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida

Size and strength make the scouts swoon, but straight-line speed might keep Spikes out of the 1st round. Very instinctive player that can drop well in coverage.

What a joke it was having Cincy ranked ahead of Florida going in to the game.

A fitting way for Tim Tebow to cap a career...31-35, 482 yards, 3 TD. 0 picks. 51 yards rushing, 1 TD.

533 total yards is a BCS record.

Thanks Tim!

How have they won 3 of the last 4 championships then??

LOL - yeah, exactly...... and have a shot to win yet another this year??

I take perhaps by his title that he MIGHT be a Notre Dame fan, but do not want to assume. If so, how well did Notre Dame do in their bowl game this year? Oh, wait, nevermind... my bad.

LOL - yeah, exactly...... and have a shot to win yet another this year??

I take perhaps by his title that he MIGHT be a Notre Dame fan, but do not want to assume. If so, how well did Notre Dame do in their bowl game this year? Oh, wait, nevermind... my bad.

and there's no way a Notre Dame fan could be insulting another teams SOS...

A fitting way for Tim Tebow to cap a career...31-35, 482 yards, 3 TD. 0 picks. 51 yards rushing, 1 TD.

Thanks Tim!

I've been saying for weeks Cinci's schedule was suspect- they needed a near miracle to beat a very beatable Pitt team.

I will be the first come in here and say I am wrong, but I still think Timmy will make a decent QB in the NFL in the right system. Miami? Jacksonville? He'll probably end up a WR though like Matt Jones.

I think he will make a terrific qb if they use him for what he does....and some smart team will.

Lets' see...passes for accuracy....31-35....check

Passes with touch...check

Arm strength...NFL good

Running ability...check

Team leader...check

OK...he drops his arm...maybe that can be coached out of him, maybe it can't....people also said Kosar's throwing mechanics were all screwed up.

You have to take the bad with the good, especially when the good outweighs the bad by a ton.

Cincinnati's coach did just leave for Notre Dame, that obviously had an effect on the Bearcat's play and game plan.

no doubt....this team has been in a state of confusion the past several weeks since coach signed with ND.

Sad end to an otherwise great season for Bearcats...

The kids have to learn the hard way about power and money. What are ya gonnna do....

Skippy,

Great job with all these pre-game previews! Much appreciated man!

It's too bad that Dunlap kid missed the SEC Championship vrs bama because he's their X-factor as Pike can attest to in length of time to throw on air tight coverages. I've seen lesser pass rushers impact McElroy's performance.

I'm not sure HOW this kids translates to the NFL but at the college level - you don't want your Cincinnati types playing turnstile with him or your poor QB is in for a long day.

- Tom F.

I will be the first come in here and say I am wrong, but I still think Timmy will make a decent QB in the NFL in the right system. Miami? Jacksonville? He'll probably end up a WR though like Matt Jones.

dude you are always wrong. nothing new. have fun.

Thanks Tim!

I don't have a problem with Cincinnati being ranked higher. Even though Florida was clearly the more talented team, the important question when it comes to rankings is: has the team done all of the things that it needs to do to merit being ranked higher? In other words, has it actually beaten the opponents that were in front of them? Cincinnati did, and Florida did to a lesser extent. Florida absolutely plays in a tougher conference, and one cannot ignore the top-notch non-conference schedule that Florida plays year in and year out, but Cincinnati was the undefeated team. For Florida to be ranked higher, they would have to beat Cincinnati, which they did.

As for Tebow, I still have doubts about his ability to translate his game to the NFL, but his performance last night was nothing short of a masterpiece; it's hard to imagine a better way to go out. In all seriousness, a great game for Tebow and the Gators.

Dennis

I wouldn't want to be Verne Lundquist's dry cleaner this week.

no doubt....this team has been in a state of confusion the past several weeks since coach signed with ND.

Sad end to an otherwise great season for Bearcats...

The kids have to learn the hard way about power and money. What are ya gonnna do....

It should be a violation to hire a team's coach away before they are completely done playing for the year, like it is in the NFL.

It should be a violation to hire a team's coach away before they are completely done playing for the year, like it is in the NFL.

I agree with that. I can not believe that either the coach or the team hiring him would want the coach departing on those terms anyhow. Bad karma.

To add to the coaching talk. I hate how Brian Kelly handled the situation but the other coaches did a poor job preparing the team for the game. Im not saying that with all the coaches focusing on the game that the Cats would have won but it would have been a much better game. A few of the players parents post on bearcatlair.com, UC's rivals page, and they all said that the coaches for the most part were all more focused on finding jobs for themselves than getting the game plan ready and getting the players ready to play one of the best teams in the country. It sucks that this is the way that it turned out but as people have said already, its a business.

Archived