THE BROWNS BOARD

Holmgren gives the Browns the green light to re-do Cribbs contract

SJ_Browns

From cleveland.com:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...e_holmgren.html

BEREA, Ohio -- Josh Cribbs and his agent said Friday that new president Mike Holmgren has given the Browns the green light to re-do Cribbs' contract.

"Holmgren already gave the word to the coach and to the organization here," said Cribbs. "I'm sure he's going to start out on the right foot and take care of me. He knows football and he takes care of players and builds programs."

Cribbs' wish was to have his deal re-done by the final game of the season, but he's eased up on that.

"I'm trying to get it done as soon as possible," he said. "It's going to get done. I'd prefer it be done before the end of the season, by [saturday]. But I've waited this long and it's for a reason. Just think what it would've been if I had gotten it before everything I did this season. Everything works out for a reason."

Cribbs, en route to his second Pro Bowl, has scored three touchdowns on kickoff returns to become the NFL's all-time leader with eight. He has also rushed for 334 yards out of the WildDawg.

"We're sitting real nice right now," he said. "I feel like it's looking up for me because of the success we're having as a special teams unit and an offense and the playing time I'm having."

Cribbs is currently signed through 2012. Holmgren will take over as president on Monday.

I read (will look for source) that Cribbs was going to get something like Hester's deal. No offense to Cribbs, because he's an absolute difference-maker just for his return work, but he doesn't do things in the receiving game like Hester. Of course, Hester has not been nearly as good on returns since becoming more a WR, so maybe the Browns will pay him more but keep him oriented more toward the return game.

For the record, I think Hester's deal is 4 years, $41m (per Rotoworld.com).

Mangini should do this kid a favor and play him VERY sparingly for his last game. Cribbs has nothing left to "prove" in terms of his deserving a new contract. Seeing him injured in a meaningless game before he gets the payday he earned would be a crime.

The question will be whether Mangini determines that a W for Mangini's sake is worth the risk. Without Cribbs they lose to KC and Mangini knows this... Mangini also knows that another win gives him a slightly better chance of retaining his job.

I predict that Mangini will put his own career ahead of Cribbs and play him full and hard - but I hope he won't.

Mangini should do this kid a favor and play him VERY sparingly for his last game. Cribbs has nothing left to "prove" in terms of his deserving a new contract. Seeing him injured in a meaningless game before he gets the payday he earned would be a crime.

The question will be whether Mangini determines that a W for Mangini's sake is worth the risk. Without Cribbs they lose to KC and Mangini knows this... Mangini also knows that another win gives him a slightly better chance of retaining his job.

I predict that Mangini will put his own career ahead of Cribbs and play him full and hard - but I hope he won't.

Give me a freakin break.

Mangini putting his own career ahead of Cribbs?

REEEEAAAACHIIING!

tell me something, why do you post here? You're not a Browns fan, and if you claim to be one, then you're the biggest fraud of one ever. Go away.

mods why don't you ban this guy already? he does nothing but post the same thing about Mangini 218312817x a day.

Archived