THE BROWNS BOARD

Adam James got Mike Leach Fired from Tex Tech

BUBBY

Watched a tad of ESPN last night, and the trainers and doctor are all saying Leach was wrong and they would never have said that James should have been put in a dark room by himself like that.

Of course why James is throwing a hissy fit over being put in a dark room by himself is kinda silly.

I got the impression Leach was steamed because the kid was becoming a spectacle wandering around the practice field in street clothes and sunglasses, with his cap on backwards, griping about how light sensitive he was because of the concussion.

Leach didn't say this, but I suspect he blew his top and said something along the lines of "put the kid in a dark room and keep him there." This would a) stop him from being a disruption to practice and b ) address the kid's complaint about light sensitivity.

I'm not saying Leach was right, because locking the kid in a garage was certainly inappropriate (if that is what happened) but it sounds like the kid and his dad had become a major pain. Leach should have handled the student and his dad differently from the start of the series of events leading up to this brouhaha.

I got the impression Leach was steamed because the kid was becoming a spectacle wandering around the practice field in street clothes and sunglasses, with his cap on backwards, griping about how light sensitive he was because of the concussion.

Leach didn't say this, but I suspect he blew his top and said something along the lines of "put the kid in a dark room and keep him there." This would a) stop him from being a disruption to practice and b ) address the kid's complaint about light sensitivity.

I'm not saying Leach was right, because locking the kid in a garage was certainly inappropriate (if that is what happened) but it sounds like the kid and his dad had become a major pain. Leach should have handled the student and his dad differently from the start of the series of events leading up to this brouhaha.

Yeah, like taking the kid's scholarship away and send him packing.

I would have done the same thing. This James kid sounds like a nuisance, not somebody I'd want around my team. Leach is getting a bad wrap because this crybaby can't handle any sort of "adversity". He's probably used to being fed from silver spoons. Stuff much worse than this goes on every day in a normal football practice. If I were James, I would have loved being locked in that room. It's the perfect excuse to sleep during practice, which is something he wouldn't have been able to do had he been on the sidelines.

Sounds to me like the kid is afraid of the dark, plain and simple.

Archived