THE BROWNS BOARD

Setting the Record Straight on AAFC Championships

BUBBY

2008 The NFL has notified U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown that the statistics compiled by the Browns in the All-America Football Conference will continue to be unrecognized.

Brown had petitioned the NFL to include the AAFC Browns in the league's official statistics. He stated his case in a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Jan. 31 as the New England Patriots were preparing to complete a 19-0 season and join the 1972 Miami Dolphins as the league's only sanctioned undefeated teams.

In a response to Brown, NFL Vice President Joe Browne stated that going undefeated and untied was "a sterling achievement," but "it was not achieved in the NFL nor against NFL teams, nor in a league which became in its entirety part of the NFL."

"As such," Browne wrote, "our historians believe it is appropriate that it not be part of the official NFL records."

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/02/1...s_still_la.html

Nobody counts these games or recognizes them. Ok, let's move on. Don't claim these as championships because the NFL has stated they do not recognize these games.

I will give credit to the browns from 1950 and on.

Yes they won the 1950 championship and the NFL recognizes it. But the league was small and the Browns played in the American Conference which was a 6 team league and the National Conference was a 7 team league. Compard to today's NFL's 32 teams it isn't a Super Bowl but is a championship none the less.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950_NFL_season

the browns are not part of any historical NFL history.

I just proved it. Last time you won a Super Bowl was 1950? lol

Um... Huh!? Did you read what you wrote before you wrote it? Did you look at what you actually said and then try to see what our argument might be against it? I'll let you ruminate on that one awhile.

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist commenting on the above complete lunacy.

look here. I am going to drop this. It is sad I had to point this fact out to the Browns fans.

They sure don't know football like I do and like to make up their NFl history to suit their damaged egos.

Everyone now knows the AAFC was never recognized in NFL circles.

Peace out!

the bubster

the browns are not part of any historical NFL history.

I just proved it. Last time you won a Super Bowl was 1950? lol

the lunacy is you think the NFL recognizes the AAFC. It does not. Therefore you are irrelevant and quite stupid.

Thank you for being a moron.

AAFC = CRAP

First, nobody on this board has ever said that the AAFC championships are recognized by the NFL. Nobody. We all understand this. So what. The 4 Browns AAFC championships are still Pro Football Championships. It was a league that paid its players to play football, this they were professional and a pro football league. When some teams from the AAFC merged into the NFL, nobody thought they'd stand a chance in the NFL for awhile. The Browns promptly won the NFL championship in 1950, the first year they were in the NFL.

Further, the Browns won 2 of 3 more NFL championships in the 50's and then won a championship in 1964.

You didn't prove anything other than you are capable of quoting fact, then manipulating that fact to mean something that doesn't matter.

Secondly, how can you at all make a statement that says, "The Browns are not part of any historical NFL history" in the same post where you say they won the 1950 NFL championship game? That makes no sense whatsoever.

2008 The NFL has notified U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown that the statistics compiled by the Browns in the All-America Football Conference will continue to be unrecognized.

Brown had petitioned the NFL to include the AAFC Browns in the league's official statistics.

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/02/1...s_still_la.html

Nobody counts these games or recognizes them. Ok, let's move on. Don't claim these as championships because the NFL has stated they do not recognize these games.

It's hard to take anyone that idolizes a knucklehead like Bubby Brister serious. Seriously. Kind of scary we allow freedom of speech in certain parts of the country.

Let me get this straight. In the PRO Football league that the NFL said would never be able to COMPETE with the NFL if/when they went head to head - can anyone with at least 2 braincells on speaking terms (that disqualifies Bubby) name the Pro Football team from that league that beat the NFL's best representative in it's very first opportunity to WIN a Title Game facing that level of competition? That would be the Cleveland Browns and the score wasn't even competitive. Go figure! Of course, that was back before steroids put Pittsburgh football on the NFL map.

- Tom F.

It's hard to take anyone that idolizes a knucklehead like Bubby Brister serious. Seriously. Kind of scary we allow freedom of speech in certain parts of the country.

Let me get this straight. In the PRO Football league that the NFL said would never be able to COMPETE with the NFL if/when they went head to head - can anyone with at least 2 braincells on speaking terms (that disqualifies Bubby) name the Pro Football team from that league that beat the NFL's best representative in it's very first opportunity to WIN a Title Game facing that level of competition? That would be the Cleveland Browns and the score wasn't even competitive. Go figure! Of course, that was back before steroids put Pittsburgh football on the NFL map.

- Tom F.

But the Browns have NEVER been able to compete for a Super Bowl. How do you explain that? They aren't good and clinging to garage league games in the 40's and 50's is pathetic. If you were good you'd have won a Super Bowl or two in your existence.

But the Browns have NEVER been able to compete for a Super Bowl. How do you explain that? They aren't good and clinging to garage league games in the 40's and 50's is pathetic. If you were good you'd have won a Super Bowl or two in your existence.

We have the most Pro Football championships to our name without any need to go team wide with steroid abuse. IS cosmetic jevwelry worht all the early funerals Sports Illustrated told us about? I'm gonna say no while you pretend to talk proud.

- Tom F.

Archived