THE BROWNS BOARD

Since the Browns are playing the Jags

SJ_Browns

Some of us Board Members were at the game, and we won't mention those that were actually throwing stuff. :)

All I can say is if you were at the game, any object that was handy would have gotten thrown overboard. It was one of the biggest blown calls in the history of the NFL. I don't care what the booth said- Couch snapped the ball and ran a play. THAT'S what triggered the group bottle toss. The fans knew IT WAS TOO LATE TO OVERTURN THINGS.

Some of us Board Members were at the game, and we won't mention those that were actually throwing stuff. :)

All I can say is if you were at the game, any object that was handy would have gotten thrown overboard. It was one of the biggest blown calls in the history of the NFL. I don't care what the booth said- Couch snapped the ball and ran a play. THAT'S what triggered the group bottle toss. The fans knew IT WAS TOO LATE TO OVERTURN THINGS.

yes, it was a horrible blown call. probably the worst that i've ever seen. :mad:

I was there. Got hit in the head with a glass bottle. Been dumber ever since.

Im serious.

yikes! i can imagine alot of fans unfortunately got hit with stuff. they were mostly lighting those refs up though. :lol:

not that i condone hitting those refs with flying objects or anything. :ph34r::D

The Infamous BottleGate Incident

Where were you at when the bottles and batteries were being thrown?

I was there, and laughed my ass off for a week each time it was shown on the News thereafter.

I also was one of only about five people prosecuted for 'allegedly' thowing stuff. My season tickets were invoked and I had to hire an attorney. I eventually got out of it all though and it made for a nice homorous story on these forums for a few years.

I would never think twice about throwing debri at a game ...

One thing that this video does not show is that the NFL made the players come back out onto the field and finish those last 00:48 seconds .. which the Ref's then got pummeled by debri again.

I'm sorry, but I still laugh every time I watch this.

You had to be there. NO ONE got hurt. There were no glass bottles, those things were lightweight plastic. It wasn't a riot like they make it out to be, most fans were laughing their asses off and just having fun, saying 'F-it, if they are gonna screw our season like that then we are going to tarnish this little event right here and now."

Making things even worst, Carmen Policy and Al Lerner came out in the post game press conference and supported the fans. The NFL wanted heads to roll and that is how I got lumped into the prosecution from words I typed here on these message boards used with words I had typed prior to the game ever started, kidding about throwing shit at Westside Steve during one of his gigs and throwing frozen potatos at Time Couch was also running joke here prior as well.

One thing that this video does not show is that the NFL made the players come back out onto the field and finish those last 00:48 seconds .. which the Ref's then got pummeled by debri again.

You had to be there. NO ONE got hurt. There were no glass bottles, those things were lightweight plastic. It wasn't a riot like they make it out to be, most fans were laughing their asses off and just having fun, saying 'F-it, if they are gonna screw our season like that then we are going to tarnish this little event right here and now."

Making things even worst, Carmen Policy and Al Lerner came out in the post game press conference and supported the fans. The NFL wanted heads to roll and that is how I got lumped into the prosecution from words I typed here on these message boards used with words I had typed prior to the game ever started, kidding about throwing shit at Westside Steve during one of his gigs and throwing frozen potatos at Time Couch was also running joke here prior as well.

I can't remember if it was Ghoolie or Zombo that put a picture up on the board of Atenears in the winde-up; but I don't think I stopped laughing for a couple days. If I'm not mistaken, that wasn't too long after Skippy and Merletti went in front of Judge Judy. Lucky for him, this message board sharpens arguement skills and he kicked Merletti's ass!

Anyway, next thing I know - Atenears is teaching that same winde-up and curve ball to little leaguers of Berea. His try-outs consisted of which kids had the hottest moms. Still do from what I've heard. Who's kiddin who? Can't you just see it?

Atenears: I like that nerd right there.

Assistant: But Stan he can't throw a ball or swing a bat.

Atenears: Think about it. That hottness wearing the halter at 9:00 is his mom. We'll work with him!

- Tom F.

That was the most egregious abuse of the rules I've ever seen. The word "fiasco" doesn't even begin to describe the situation. Honestly, if I'd been there, in throwing range, I probably would have joined in. I've got to wonder how many Browns fans broke stuff at home.

I'm in the minority but I wanted to kill Dr. Q more than the refs. That asshole dropped everything and even when he managed to hang on it was usually reviewable. God I hated that dude, one of the worst picks ever. Typical Butchie "well shoot, the sumbitch is fast we'll coach em up on how ta catch."

great story and info man. thanks for sharing and f*ck the refs!

Archived