THE BROWNS BOARD

Four game winning streak

kbndawg

Not sure how to judge this season ending winning streak. The Browns actually looked like a football team for a change. Has Mangini molded this team (with a few adjustments) into a winner or has he just gotten lucky? Am i suppose to forget everything that happened before the 4 game winning streak?

Maybe Mangini is a good coach and he has this team going in the right direction. He seems to have guys that want to play for him and play hard.

I'll let Holmgren decide.

It is progress and i love it. But does the winning steak keep Mangini? Is keeping Mangini a good thing or a bad thing?

At this point i really don't know. I really like what i have seen from the Browns in the last four games but i hated pretty much everything before that.

During this four game win streak, there have been NOTICABLE positive steps. We BEAT THE STEELERS. How long has it been since the browns have done that? Don't overlook this win against the Jags. They are not a good team but they are not a bad team. They are a team we need to beat if we want to play competitive football. We matched up very well the last four weeks and if you look at the scores over the course of the season, as the season progressed we played more and more competitive football. 5-11 is nothing to be happy about for sure, but if you look at the entire organization and everything that has happened this year we could have done a lot worse.

As is the life of a browns fan, there is always next year.

Go Browns.

I don't think it's luck. Admittedly, the front half of their schedule was against teams with a significantly better record overall. Still, the Browns have played so much better the last 7 games than they did the first 9 it's ridiculous.

FIRST 9

Record: 1-8

Points Allowed: 225

Opponent Record: 78-61

100+ Rushing Yards: 3

200+ Rushing Yards: 0

200+ Passing Yards: 2

300+ Passing Yards: 0

QB Rating <50: 5

QB Rating >90: 0

FINAL 7

Record: 4-3

Points Allowed: 150

Opponent Record: 48-60

100+ Rushing Yards: 6

200+ Rushing Yards: 2

200+ Passing Yards: 2

300+ Passing Yards: 1

QB Rating <50: 3

QB Rating >90: 3

So are you all in with Mangini?

I am good with any decision made, though it shouldn't be tomorrow .

I will say we are seeing results and don't think keeping Eric would be a bad thing.

I freaking Love a 4-game win streak ... thank-you mam, give me another!

I also love winning at home and walking out of that frozen stadium happy as hell.

Mangini stays or I throw shit at the Berea Training facility!

I freaking Love a 4-game win streak ... thank-you mam, give me another!

I also love winning at home and walking out of that frozen stadium happy as hell.

Mangini stays or I throw shit at the Berea Training facility!

I don't see how the team could have won the last 4 without some good coaching. I trust Holmgren to make the best decision but I like Mangini and would like to see him stay.

I don't think keeping Mangini would be a bad thing either but who the hell knows. We could keep Mangini and start 0-8 or 8-0 next year. It's crap shoot.

I would be willing to bet a great deal we won't start 0-8...naa...we win 8-9 next year.

Now the 9 month wait :(

So are you all in with Mangini?

After a 4th win in a row im without question for mangini staying ,however i still dont exactly buy into his offensive ideology or especially that of his OC and i doubt that holmgren will either ,sacrificing daboll to the fans and the football gods and replacing him with a real and qualified offensive minded OC would be appeasing ,i am for mangini picking his new OC with holmgrens and or GM approval...;)

I would be willing to bet a great deal we won't start 0-8...naa...we win 8-9 next year.

Now the 9 month wait :(

Well, for the most part we were gonna win 8 or 9 this year. I am getting tired of drinking the kool aid. Mangini has done a great job of rallying the troops to finish with 5 wins. I guess my question is (and no one has the answer) what does all this really do for the future of the Browns?

If he stays, I do think some changes on O are in the future.

And that isn't selling out...that is just the way it goes.

If he wants to be like Marty, fine, but that gets you canned.

If he stays, I do think some changes on O are in the future.

And that isn't selling out...that is just the way it goes.

If he wants to be like Marty, fine, but that gets you canned.

I think the discipline that's been instilled this season along with the boost in morale and an influx of talent will give this team a head start in camp. The offense will develop accordingly.

I don't know if he stays or goes but if he does go, I think it was a done-deal and there was no way he was going to save his job anyway. I think that's a sad commentary on this sort of scenario. Mike Holmgren is going to have to come up with someone much more palatable to the fans than Marty Morninwheg if that's the case.

I agree with the announcers in todays game, they stated out of all the teams that Cleveland is the most dominant team in the NFL right now and wont be in the playoffs.

Its not how you start its how you finish.

Archived