THE BROWNS BOARD

Possible teams for Quinn/DA

cdl15

If the Browns got rid of there two guns today where do you think they would be a good fit to start or backup and why?

Brady Quinn- the colts seems like the type of player that might be able to understand the timing and audidable offense. and would be a good back up for payton manning which they've needed or going to need.

Derrick Anderson- the cardinals with his cannon and deep passing history laying out 30-45 throws to the talented receivers down there makes sense.

Both guys could potental starters one day but for now prob some of the most coveted backups

Anderson I want as back-up, Quinn can pack his bags.

You've seen Anderson off the bench, you've seen Quinn off the bench, both did terrible but DA would to me be more reliable.

Look at these last 2 games.

Since we suddenly developed a running game and all....

Use your brain bud. Both are terrible however DA is much worse

You've seen Anderson off the bench, you've seen Quinn off the bench, both did terrible but DA would to me be more reliable.

Yep, his 41 rating this year sure convinced me as well...... :blink: ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? DA more "reliable"? :wacko:

DA just reinforced what I've known since the third game he started this season. He will never be anything more than what he is.....a guy lucky to be in the NFL, who is looking up at mediocrity. I really don't think another team would want him. Cut him immediately. I couldn't care less if Quinn is still on the team next season, but if you have to keep one of them....Quinn is the better qb. You would have to be an idiot blinded by hatred for Quinn or love for DA not to see that.

DA just reinforced what I've known since the third game he started this season. He will never be anything more than what he is.....a guy lucky to be in the NFL, who is looking up at mediocrity. I really don't think another team would want him. Cut him immediately. I couldn't care less if Quinn is still on the team next season, but if you have to keep one of them....Quinn is the better qb. You would have to be an idiot blinded by hatred for Quinn or love for DA not to see that.

Agreed.... Quinn ain't great.... but DA is just absolutely historically AWFUL. Which his stats this year prove without a doubt.

Agreed.... Quinn ain't great.... but DA is just absolutely historically AWFUL. Which his stats this year prove without a doubt.

andersons td to int ratio is exactly 1:1 about 49 and 49 considering that he has been playing for the browns. don't think anyone could really of survived in cleveland untill of recent with the emergence of a running game that you can count on day in and day out. but here it is start of year 5 coming up for DA and as far as we know hell still be in the mix somewhere on this team.

yea anderson looked great today right....all these people sucking andersons dic makes me sick.....why do u want someone who won't work half as hard quinn and look at the numbers for the year...if quinn wont be good as a starter neither will anderson.... idk if either will be good but i want someone who wants to be good rather than someone who wants to play golf all off-season.... ill take quinn anyday because of his work ethic....something u cant teach....thank you

frankly, I don't care which team either ends up on unless it is the Browns.

I don't want either of them next season.

If they end up on a team the Browns play next season, and they actually play, then I will be happy, cause that means the Browns will probably win.

DA will end up on a team for the same reason Frye did. They clearly aren't starting material, but they've had a good amount of NFL starts under their belt. If you have any talent (which i'm sure plenty of people think he doesn't haha), with as many starts as him, you get a back up gig.

I never thought watching joey harrington he'd EVER get an NFL job when he left Detroit, but he's still in the NFL as a 3rd stringer for New Orleans.

andersons td to int ratio is exactly 1:1 about 49 and 49 considering that he has been playing for the browns. don't think anyone could really of survived in cleveland untill of recent with the emergence of a running game that you can count on day in and day out. but here it is start of year 5 coming up for DA and as far as we know hell still be in the mix somewhere on this team.

Seriously? How many years do you give a 6th round draft choice to "develop"? 40 qb rating tells you all you need to know, at this point he is what he is. I really don't care where Anderson winds up. He's DONE, DONE, DONE! as a starter for the Browns. Did you watch the game today? I did, live and in person, and Andersuck was TERRIBLE. He maybe threw 2 on target passes all day.

Not only underthrew Royals for a TD, also did a real good Akilli Smith imitation, throwing a worm burner to a wide open (by 10 yards) Royals on a crossing route.

The only way DA is on the Browns next year (as a backup) is if he restructures for vet minimum, otherwise it's adios.

Quinn may not be great, but he's got WAY more potential than DA.

The big question is one of the teams in the top three in the draft in need of a QB with the skills either of these kids possess. If so, package him and pick number 6/7 or whatever the Browns get for a trade to get into the top three with a third or fourth rounder thrown in. I think that's a fair trade, drop 3-4 spots, get a potential starter/backup QB in the process and only surrender a third or fourth rounder, some team might take it.

The big question is one of the teams in the top three in the draft in need of a QB with the skills either of these kids possess. If so, package him and pick number 6/7 or whatever the Browns get for a trade to get into the top three with a third or fourth rounder thrown in. I think that's a fair trade, drop 3-4 spots, get a potential starter/backup QB in the process and only surrender a third or fourth rounder, some team might take it.

If we trade up it would be for one reason only- to get Suh. And I think Quinn gets one more year. BQ and DA have minimal trade value anyway, certainly not enough to move up.

Need QB- Rams (well, they need everything except RB), Lions everything but a qb (Suh stops here). TB maybe Bucs, Redskins and Raiders will all be in the market for qbs. So I hope they go that route, which will give us a shot at a top defensive player.

Historically AWFUL???????????

Um...didn't he like get to the pro-bowl 2 years ago??

throw like 30 td's....???

you need a brief lesson in history my friend...

We surely need to send one of them to Oakland. Frye, Gradkowski ... if we dont send a QB to Oakland the bad luck will haunt us forever ! DA with his cannon arm can impress Al Davis and hence should go there.

BQ - Seattle would be a nice place for him.

Which leaves us with Brett Ratliff ! :o

Fer cryin out loud.

DA can be fixed? ROF,L !

That's like saying Vinny Testeverde can be taught to not be a bit color blind.

DoofusArse is what he is, a big dumb qb with a great arm, lead feet, and can't think fast enough under pressure.

Not any kind of pressure.

Trade Andersuck to the Raiders, so he can forever duke it out with Charlie Frye again, and they can

trade Jamarcus Russell to the Redskins as a backup.

DA is NOT cost-effective, and Quinn plays a smarter game when given the chance... once in a while.

The Texas Tech backup qb this season, that played in the bowl game, looks to be a better qb than either Quinn or DA.

I do note, however, that DA seems to be able to throw a softer touch pass on short throws !!! (in a high wind at -1 degrees chill factor LOL)

im sorry but it dont take much to hand the ball off im sure right now harrison could make eric crouch look good

im sorry but i think the way our offensive line has played over the last four games could make travis prentice look good

VERSUS JAX

J. Harrison Rushes 33 Yards 127 Average 3.8 TD 1 Long 17

J. Cribbs Rushes 6 Yards 47 Average 7.8 TD 1 Long 25

C. Jennings Rushes 9 Yards 38 Average 4.2 TD 0 Long 11

Give the fat guys some love. Major push.

Gonna be real tough for any team to justify paying DA current salary/cap value after this years performance. So he will most likely be around starting camp next july.

OTOH, BQ is certainly more marketable with his salary. There are those in the league who still see potential although durabliity issues are beginning to cloud the waters. Like somebody said above I can see BQ teaming up again with his ND pal Weiss.

Quinn really hasn't had anyone to show him the ropes. Granted, he sat for nearly 2 years before he had to perform and fell on his face, but he was on the sideline comparing notes with a guy that has never been one that was considered a good play caller or 'defense reader'. If BQ had soemoen sharp to show him how to use his talent instead of DA, I think he'd pan out.

DA is terrible. The only reason he looked like a QB at all over the last few games is because they took away any passing privilages shortly after he'd underthrow guys once or twice. I could easily see him a Raider. His one time good season would get him some consideration from a weak porogram like the Raiders. Any team with any smarts will pass on him. The Browns attempt to get some trade value out of him over teh last few weeks failed miserably.

Don't want to see BQ go yet. Hate the idea of another 'player' coming to life elsewhere after the Browns tossed him. A good mentor and I think his strengths will start to mature.

isn't DA due a roster bonus in the next few days? Anyone have the details on that? Something like 3 million if he's on the roster today maybe?

If its soon, I see him cut so we don't have to pay him and it goes against the books for this season and not next season.

Historically AWFUL???????????

Um...didn't he like get to the pro-bowl 2 years ago??

throw like 30 td's....???

you need a brief lesson in history my friend...

Yes, he got there and lost the game do to the same crap that he does over and over again. He sucks.

Archived