THE BROWNS BOARD

Possible teams for Quinn/DA

cdl15

oh boy!! another QB thread, my favorite.

cfl,ufl,usfl, arena anywhere but CLE for DA. Why??? Because he is not a very good qb.

As for BQ, i don't really care anymore if he's here or gone. As long as we pick up a FA or draft a qb.Carolina or Miami could be a possibility though.(both could be looking for a training camp battle for the starting spot)

andersons td to int ratio is exactly 1:1 about 49 and 49 considering that he has been playing for the browns. don't think anyone could really of survived in cleveland untill of recent with the emergence of a running game that you can count on day in and day out. but here it is start of year 5 coming up for DA and as far as we know hell still be in the mix somewhere on this team.

??? Anderson's threw 3 TD passes this year, and 10 ints. The one he tossed against the Jags the CB was his intended receiver. His rating for this season is 41, which if he had had more attempts would have put him in the top 10 for sure (maybe #1 overall) as the worst passer rating in NFL history.

I have no idea why the Anderson pumpers can't finally admit Anderson's Pro Bowl year (BTW, he only made it because of injury & stunk it up in that game with no pass rush and the best wideouts in the NFL on his side) is a one year Scott Mitchell fluke.

DA's got a great arm, but so did Jeff George. & unlike George, DA was a sixth round draft pick, and a FA pickup. We've spent enough time "developing" him already. He is what he is- an erratic one pitch fastball thrower with lead feet that can't read a pro defense quickly enough.

??? Anderson's threw 3 TD passes this year, and 10 ints. The one he tossed against the Jags the CB was his intended receiver. His rating for this season is 41, which if he had had more attempts would have put him in the top 10 for sure (maybe #1 overall) as the worst passer rating in NFL history.

I have no idea why the Anderson pumpers can't finally admit Anderson's Pro Bowl year (BTW, he only made it because of injury & stunk it up in that game with no pass rush and the best wideouts in the NFL on his side) is a one year Scott Mitchell fluke.

DA's got a great arm, but so did Jeff George. & unlike George, DA was a sixth round draft pick, and a FA pickup. We've spent enough time "developing" him already. He is what he is- an erratic one pitch fastball thrower with lead feet that can't read a pro defense quickly enough.

even when they are both gone the debate will be who sucked the most.

They both suck!!!!

Last I saw Holmgren was not going to be the coach next season. He is going to be the president. Why does everybody think that just because the president ran a WCO when he coached that the Browns will be doing the same.

And speaking of that, you do know that when Holmgren was president - coach of the Seahawks they totally sucked. When he gave up front office duties the Seahawks were good and he left them in a big pile of crap when he left. Why oh why is he the savior? I say prove it before I jump on the he knows all band wagon.

What has he done to prove he is a great front office person? Coach yea, but front office person I will need to see it to believe it.

We'll keep one, and I think its DA. I have this feeling that Holmgren's "tough decision" is trading BQ. With that said,

DA can start in Carolina or Buffalo and he would be a good fit in either place.

Quinn has "St. Louis" written all over him. Maybe Oakland but outside of that, I'm not sure where else he could start.

They both suck!!!!

Last I saw Holmgren was not going to be the coach next season. He is going to be the president. Why does everybody think that just because the president ran a WCO when he coached that the Browns will be doing the same.

And speaking of that, you do know that when Holmgren was president - coach of the Seahawks they totally sucked. When he gave up front office duties the Seahawks were good and he left them in a big pile of crap when he left. Why oh why is he the savior? I say prove it before I jump on the he knows all band wagon.

What has he done to prove he is a great front office person? Coach yea, but front office person I will need to see it to believe it.

Even though you are a massive hater, I agree with you on this. I'm not thrilled about Holmgren yet. I need to see a few decisions made so I can see what his plan is first.

cmac,what we have in Holmgren is what we've not had since the rebirth a "FOOTBALL" man

Mike's got a network of real football people at his disposal

The one thing he said in his teleconference that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up was

"I'm bringing in some real good football people"

That's what we've lacked from the beginning,we thought Carmen Policy knew his shit, turns out he was all BS

Dwight? Butch,not so much, Opie ? nah he ended up being everybody's bitch

Holmgrens' not the first to fail at GM/Coach duties,it's a tough gig

Mike Shanahan,Bill Cowher, were sucessfull coaches that couldn't do both

Mike Holmgren comes here with a deep rich history and a plethora of NFL knowledge and connections that spread throughout

football ,not just the Seahawks

Mark it down! He will rewrite the History of The Cleveland Browns

I hope so. And since he is not splitting the duties he might very well be a very good front office person. I agree that it is difficult to do both. What I want to see is him make some good front office decisions. I am just saying I will let him prove it.

As far as the QBs, DA is too expensive for what he gives and BQ is not any good but he is affordable as a back up QB. DA is not any good and he is expensive as a back up.

I like DA but he has proven to be unproductive on a consistent basis. BQ has proven to be injury prone and inconsistent also. Neither QB was good this year but the few good games done buy the QB were done mainly by BQ.

I really like the way the defense played this year, far better than the stats give them credit for.

We'll keep one, and I think its DA. I have this feeling that Holmgren's "tough decision" is trading BQ. With that said,

DA can start in Carolina or Buffalo and he would be a good fit in either place.

Quinn has "St. Louis" written all over him. Maybe Oakland but outside of that, I'm not sure where else he could start.

Great- give me one valid reason why the Browns will keep DA.

Great- give me one valid reason why the Browns will keep DA.

Brady Quinn has never "won" a game. 3 career wins, ZERO TDs. DA, for all his issues, came in his first NFL game with the Browns down and playing poorly and won the game. He's engineered a few come from behind wins. If you are looking for a backup guy, you want a guy who has shown at least a glimpse of being able to complete a drive when the chips are down and the other team isn't sitting on their rears because it's garbage time. If they bring in a journeyman to take over the starter spot, they'll want a QB already here that at least pushes the guy to compete for the spot. BQ, who can't throw the ball downfield with any regularity, won't push anyone.

Sorry... that might be two valid reasons.

Brady Quinn has never "won" a game. 3 career wins, ZERO TDs. DA, for all his issues, came in his first NFL game with the Browns down and playing poorly and won the game. He's engineered a few come from behind wins. If you are looking for a backup guy, you want a guy who has shown at least a glimpse of being able to complete a drive when the chips are down and the other team isn't sitting on their rears because it's garbage time. If they bring in a journeyman to take over the starter spot, they'll want a QB already here that at least pushes the guy to compete for the spot. BQ, who can't throw the ball downfield with any regularity, won't push anyone.

Sorry... that might be two valid reasons.

OK, it's officially hopeless. DA winnng drive? Ancient history. The only thing a 42 qb rating pushes is a quick trip to the CFL. I could fatten my wallet by taking bets (ask Flugels, Sisky, and a bunch of Baltimore trolls- I haven't lost yet) DA won't be on the Browns roster come March, but I'll save you guys a lot of money by not doing so.

• 7 months later...
They both stink but it looks like DA is doing better than BQ...damn im glad we got rid of both of them colt had a rough debut didnt he....

QB Ratings

DA- 45.3

BQ- 25.0

CM- 16.7

BR- 55.1

JD -106

SW-120

Since they no longer play for the Browns I am not sure we should spend one more breath talking about them.

Archived