THE BROWNS BOARD

Coach Carl Smith outside the Locker Room

vdogrowz

CLEVELAND: Browns quarterbacks coach Carl Smith waited outside the locker room following the Browns' 23-17 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.

Smith wanted to talk.

Before he did, he was reminded he technically was not supposed to speak to the media.

''You have a tape recorder?'' Smith asked and stepped into a tunnel outside the locker room, where he started discussing coach Eric Mangini.

''They missed it on Eric,'' Smith said firmly. ''They missed it.''

The ''they'' he referred to were the imperial they, the people who were criticizing Mangini throughout the early portion of a season that started 1-and-11.

''I don't blame anybody,'' Smith said. ''Because it's hard to know. It's not Entertainment Tonight.

''They missed it on [bill] Belichick [in Cleveland]. They missed it.

''There's this whole big ball of football stuff that you have to know. And even for the people that know it, it's hard to get it. They missed it.

''It's got to be people that know three techniques and hand placement and under and over and Chapter 5 and spacing and slooping and all those things. You have to have lived and died it to have a chance to get it.

''They missed it. Because Eric can [get it done]. He can. He knows.''

Smith's passion extended as well to offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, a guy Smith called ''terrific.''

''Unless you're in there with him and know that big old ball of football stuff, you're going to miss it,'' Smith said. ''He's terrific. He's got an uncommon connection with his players. Linemen, receivers, running backs, all of them. That's rare to connect with the whole boat.''

Smith turned to walk away, but was asked: What happened at the beginning of the season?

''That's all I got for you,'' he said with a smile before turning the corner.

I hope I'm wrong but this sounds like a coach who thinks it's over. If not, at the very least Mangini and his coaching staff are completely out of the loop. Early reports say Sissy Randy didn't show up to his third straight game, way to be there for the players Randy. This sure looks like it will be decided quickly.

I was all for mangini but then he made some gigantic unprofessional and almost unforgivable and unexplained mistakes ,and he "missed it"...he realized to late that he screwed up by shutting the fans and media out and playing mangini games with our heads and taking us for fools and Retards in his fluffy little pressers instead of talking straight ,he outwitted himself and many fans and the media then returned the favor...

As the bye week passed i began seeing a new mangini ,a more honest ,open and even humble mangini and he made a lot of sense unlike the dickhead i had grown to dislike ,a few weeks later i could see he did finally "get it" and i began realizing that i in my absolute blind dislike of the man and the coach i had "missed it" and what he was doing all along right along with it...to make a long story short...

I believe that i and others have misjudged mangini but he didnt bother keeping us in the loop or explaining anything other than "its a process" and he just kept letting things fester unanswered almost as if he was enjoying being an anti-fan coach..

Once he became himself (a very likable guy and viable coach) and once he finally opened "the process" and locker room up for us to see i realized this and now feel like shit about it...theres no doubt mangini is taking us in the right direction and i really would like him to stay on if he and holmgren can work it out..but daboll sucks and must go...

As savage once said "GMs dont choose the coaches in cleveland the fans do" maybe mangini learned something about us as we are demanding fans..but i learned something to..i want mangini as our coach next year...

I was all for mangini but then he made some gigantic unprofessional and almost unforgivable and unexplained mistakes ,and he "missed it"...he realized to late that he screwed up by shutting the fans and media out and playing mangini games with our heads and taking us for fools and Retards in his fluffy little pressers instead of talking straight ,he outwitted himself and many fans and the media then returned the favor...

As the bye week passed i began seeing a new mangini ,a more honest ,open and even humble mangini and he made a lot of sense unlike the dickhead i had grown to dislike ,a few weeks later i could see he did finally "get it" and i began realizing that i in my absolute blind dislike of the man and the coach i had "missed it" and what he was doing all along right along with it...to make a long story short...

I believe that i and others have misjudged mangini but he didnt bother keeping us in the loop or explaining anything other than "its a process" and he just kept letting things fester unanswered almost as if he was enjoying being an anti-fan coach..

Once he became himself (a very likable guy and viable coach) and once he finally opened "the process" and locker room up for us to see i realized this and now feel like shit about it...theres no doubt mangini is taking us in the right direction and i really would like him to stay on if he and holmgren can work it out..but daboll sucks and must go...

As savage once said "GMs dont choose the coaches in cleveland the fans do" maybe mangini learned something about us as we are demanding fans..but i learned something to..i want mangini as our coach next year...

Nice props

Archived