THE BROWNS BOARD

DONTE STALLWORTH

TheClevelandSound

I'm very shocked that this topic hasn't even been mentioned yet. Stallworth is elligable to play again on the Browns next season. What will the team do with him?

We need him. He is a good play maker and we really lack a #2 reciever. Will Mangini and/or Holmgren put up with what has happened off the field?

I REALLY NEED SOME RESOLUTION HERE.

I think everyone deserves a second chance. If he is in shape and can still play I think he deserves a shot.

he deserves a second chance, but not in the NFL. the man was high and drunk and killed a man in his car. If that's the type of guy the browns bring back into the organization, im packing my bags for cincy. He doesn't deserve to have his whole life ruined, but he only deserves a menial job.

he deserves a second chance, but not in the NFL. the man was high and drunk and killed a man in his car. If that's the type of guy the browns bring back into the organization, im packing my bags for cincy. He doesn't deserve to have his whole life ruined, but he only deserves a menial job.

I agree. Let him use that college education he obtained before he struck it rich.

Immature view.

Go ahead and pack your bags. I assure you, we won't miss you. Not with that outlook.

I can't think of many good jobs that would keep an employee who was convicted of DUI Vehicular Manslaughter. Call me whatever you want, thats a fact. Most jobs will fire you for a DUI alone. Thats life.

that sums it up completely. how immature of me to not have compassion for a guy who willingly got high and drunk yet drove a car. how immature of me to not want a guy on a team who squandered his luck and God given talent. How immature of me to not want a guy who killed a man, whether or not he meant to. I guarantee you if it was DA who did that, you'd banish him. God forbid it's someone with a little talent. You people are literally crazy if you think that fool deserves another shot at the NFL after that incident.

The man got 30 days in jail for what he did. If it you were and me, we'd be in jail for at least 10 years. You should be outraged at everything that happened because of it. There's a big damn difference between getting high and getting caught and getting high, driving a car and killing someone. None of us would EVER, i repeat, EVER get a second chance in life because of that, why should he? Because he catches a football well? Shame on you.

You guys obviously have never been hit by a drunk driver let me assure you...it is his fault as soon as he decided to drive after drinking he decided to take the risk it is his fault that it happened make no bones about it

Getting hit by these assholes is no fun I just spent the last year recovering and getting my life back together because of the douche that hit me

Im very lucky I didnt end up like the dude stallworth hit.

didn't the investigation show that he was under the legal limit?

Im sure some of that wore off since it happend early in the morning. Im also guessing he had to be pretty tired to from partying all night. That will cause someone not to pay attention. Either way there is no point is any of us Browns fans fighting about it.

that sums it up completely. how immature of me to not have compassion for a guy who willingly got high and drunk yet drove a car. how immature of me to not want a guy on a team who squandered his luck and God given talent. How immature of me to not want a guy who killed a man, whether or not he meant to. I guarantee you if it was DA who did that, you'd banish him. God forbid it's someone with a little talent. You people are literally crazy if you think that fool deserves another shot at the NFL after that incident.

The man got 30 days in jail for what he did. If it you were and me, we'd be in jail for at least 10 years. You should be outraged at everything that happened because of it. There's a big damn difference between getting high and getting caught and getting high, driving a car and killing someone. None of us would EVER, i repeat, EVER get a second chance in life because of that, why should he? Because he catches a football well? Shame on you.

Ray Lewis killed a guy. Whether or not he was convicted is insignificant. He was present, eyewitnesses told investigators he was involved in the killing, and then they changed their stories when they got on the stand to protect his career. Look at him now; he's one of, if not, the leading contributors to charities on the Ravens, as well as in the entire NFL. He's a role model for young children, as well as a mentor for up and coming rookies. He's got the Ray Lewis 52 Foundation and has received numerous awards for his charitable contributions. He's made the most of his "second chance", and has changed the world in many ways.

I believe in second chances. I don't believe Stallworth should be given a get out of jail free card, but I don't believe he should be hindered from doing what it is that he is good at. Should he have gotten a much stiffer jail sentence? Yes. But that didn't happen. He paid the Reyes family what I am assuming to be quite a significant amount of money. Although no money can bring back Mr. Reyes nor can it console the family's pain, it still shows the man was trying to make some sort of amends. He fouled up supremely. You and I both know it. But that doesn't mean he should just be tarnished for life and relegated to live on the outskirts of society. Everybody deserves a second chance, no matter what their profession is. The reason he got to the NFL wasn't solely based on his talent, you better believe it involved extremely hard work. He deserves a second chance just as much as anybody else. It's what he does with this second chance that really matters.

If you don't believe in second chances, that's your own thing. You must have lived a pretty clean life to never have had been granted some sort of second chance. If that's the case, I envy you. But I'm human, and I've made my fair share of mistakes.

Ray Lewis killed a guy. Whether or not he was convicted is insignificant. He was present, eyewitnesses told investigators he was involved in the killing, and then they changed their stories when they got on the stand to protect his career. Look at him now; he's one of, if not, the leading contributors to charities on the Ravens, as well as in the entire NFL. He's a role model for young children, as well as a mentor for up and coming rookies. He's got the Ray Lewis 52 Foundation and has received numerous awards for his charitable contributions. He's made the most of his "second chance", and has changed the world in many ways.

I believe in second chances. I don't believe Stallworth should be given a get out of jail free card, but I don't believe he should be hindered from doing what it is that he is good at. Should he have gotten a much stiffer jail sentence? Yes. But that didn't happen. He paid the Reyes family what I am assuming to be quite a significant amount of money. Although no money can bring back Mr. Reyes nor can it console the family's pain, it still shows the man was trying to make some sort of amends. He fouled up supremely. You and I both know it. But that doesn't mean he should just be tarnished for life and relegated to live on the outskirts of society. Everybody deserves a second chance, no matter what their profession is. The reason he got to the NFL wasn't solely based on his talent, you better believe it involved extremely hard work. He deserves a second chance just as much as anybody else. It's what he does with this second chance that really matters.

If you don't believe in second chances, that's your own thing. You must have lived a pretty clean life to never have had been granted some sort of second chance. If that's the case, I envy you. But I'm human, and I've made my fair share of mistakes.

for starters, although i think Ray lewis killed that guy too, he was proven innocent. There is no way you can compare the two. There was no second chance because technically he was acquitted.

Secondly, you just don't get it. I wholeheartedly believe in second chances. Someone who does drugs, steals etc should do their time and try their best to clean up their act. But what you don't understand and i guess you really believe is that a man who KILLED another human being by HIS OWN DOING deserves to go right back and make millions of dollars. Did he go out that night with the intention of killing someone? Of course not. What he did do was willingly get high, get drunk, and drive his car. This extremely poor judgment caused the death of a human being. It'd be an embarrassment on the league to let a man back in after that, and i guarantee you almost everyone would react the way i am talking.

Honestly, maybe this will help. Put yourself in his shoes, expect without all the money and the fame. For starters, you are sentenced to 10 years or more in jail, even if you pay off the family. When you finally get out, even though say you were an IT guy, no company even gives you the time of day. You have to settle for the job of a fry cook at a mcdonalds. This is almost EXACTLY what would happen

So should Dante Stallworth's life be ruined? of course not. Should he have to spend the rest of his life living his mistake and not have another opportunity to make millions? Absolutely. There's a fine line between dumb mistake and this, and how anyone can't see that is beyond me.

for starters, although i think Ray lewis killed that guy too, he was proven innocent. There is no way you can compare the two. There was no second chance because technically he was acquitted.

Secondly, you just don't get it. I wholeheartedly believe in second chances. Someone who does drugs, steals etc should do their time and try their best to clean up their act. But what you don't understand and i guess you really believe is that a man who KILLED another human being by HIS OWN DOING deserves to go right back and make millions of dollars. Did he go out that night with the intention of killing someone? Of course not. What he did do was willingly get high, get drunk, and drive his car. This extremely poor judgment caused the death of a human being. It'd be an embarrassment on the league to let a man back in after that, and i guarantee you almost everyone would react the way i am talking.

Honestly, maybe this will help. Put yourself in his shoes, expect without all the money and the fame. For starters, you are sentenced to 10 years or more in jail, even if you pay off the family. When you finally get out, even though say you were an IT guy, no company even gives you the time of day. You have to settle for the job of a fry cook at a mcdonalds. This is almost EXACTLY what would happen

So should Dante Stallworth's life be ruined? of course not. Should he have to spend the rest of his life living his mistake and not have another opportunity to make millions? Absolutely. There's a fine line between dumb mistake and this, and how anyone can't see that is beyond me.

Why so black and white fella? By the way, being acquitted is way different from being proven innocent.

Stallworth did not cause the accident. The only reason he is being charged with anything (and it is likely he could have fought it and won, but he chose to take responsibility cause a death happened) is because someone died. Anyone could have been driving in that lane, and would have ended up killing that guy. He was walking in an unmarked area, against the light, across 4 lanes of traffic.

So lets not get all high and mighty about what his poor judgment did or did not cause. Without the alcohol in his system, its simply an unfortunate accident.

the problem with this case tho is that him being over the limit, high ect didn't have a bearing on him hitting the guy. the guy ran out infront of his car. the reason stallworth didn't get more time in jail was because the guy he hit should not have been crossing the road there. substitute stallworth for any other driver on the road and it woulda been the same result. if he swerved off the road, or drove through a park it would be different, but outside of dui, he was following all the traffic rules at the time, and wasn't driving outta control.

he did his time and took the punishment for his mistake. no need to go out and try and continue to tear down his life.

the problem with this case tho is that him being over the limit, high ect didn't have a bearing on him hitting the guy. the guy ran out infront of his car. the reason stallworth didn't get more time in jail was because the guy he hit should not have been crossing the road there. substitute stallworth for any other driver on the road and it woulda been the same result. if he swerved off the road, or drove through a park it would be different, but outside of dui, he was following all the traffic rules at the time, and wasn't driving outta control.

Exactly! And to put the blinders on and say, "Yeah, but he was drunk and high and shouldn't have been on the road," is as short sighted as saying, "Mangini should be kept/fired based on half the season."

Just because Stallworth would not have been on the road if he hadn't gotten in the car drunk and high, does not mean some other motorist would not have hit Reyes. Furthermore, some reports say that Reyes leaped in front of the car as though committing suicide.

So lets not cast judgment too harshly before looking at ALL elements of the circumstances. If you still think Stallworth needs to be castigated and lose his lively hood, after weighing all facts, then I'm glad you aren't a judge, cause you don't know what justice or fairness is.

he did his time and took the punishment for his mistake. no need to go out and try and continue to tear down his life.

you honestly just said being drunk and high had absolutely no bearing on him hitting the guy? I wonder why they even charge people with DUI if it makes no difference whether or not you're impaired. I never said once the guy who died was being an idiot. I could be wrong so don't crucify me for this, but if I remember correctly it was made obvious that there was ample opportunity for him (stallworth) to either switch lanes or stop. He tried to alert him, but police officers believed his impairment caused him not to do the right thing.

You're making the situation seem like the guy jumped out in front of his car, and that's not what happened at all. As i've stated a hundred times, a regular joe would be in jail for years and years, and would have absolutely no opportunity to gain his regular job and career back. If you believe that not to be true then you are simply foolish. So why should it be any different, just because he's an NFL player?

and i've never heard one mention as to that guy leaping in front of the car as to commit suicide. if you can find a reliable article to prove me wrong, i'd be happy and eager to read it. But from everything I read, he was illegaly crossing lanes of traffic when Stallworth hit him. and guess what? thats still vehicular manslaughter, whether or not the guy is wrong.

but if I remember correctly it was made obvious that there was ample opportunity for him (stallworth) to either switch lanes or stop. He tried to alert him, but police officers believed his impairment caused him not to do the right thing.

You remember incorrectly. It was the exact opposite. Stallworth would not have been able to stop, swerve or switch lanes even if he were stone cold sober.

He was hurt most of the season he came here. Then he gets a DUI vehicular manslaughter conviction. No thanks.

moving on is a good thing when you have nothing

You remember incorrectly. It was the exact opposite. Stallworth would not have been able to stop, swerve or switch lanes even if he were stone cold sober.

i've been looking and i honestly haven't found any definitive answer either way. He claimed he "swerved as much as he could", but it's hard to say. I'm not denying Reyes was at fault here, in fact he has good blame. What i keep saying and no one will talk about is this

How is it fair that given the circumstances and the evidence that Stallworth should be given a gigantic second chance when you and I would not? No matter what part Reyes played in this, our lives would never be the same. We'd have to settle for less our entire lives. Yet because he catches a football well it's business as usual. What is fair in that?

Archived