THE BROWNS BOARD

2010 Draft Order

DieHardBrownsFan

The 2010 NFL Draft order began to come into focus as the 2009 regular season came to an end. The top 20 slots in the draft are almost locked in, beginning with 1-15 St. Louis, which will select first in round one on Thursday, April 22. Rounds two and three will be held the next day, with rounds four through seven taking place on April 24.

Each round, ignoring trades, follows the same order as the first. Slots 21 to 32 are determined by playoff finish -- the team that wins the Super Bowl picks 32nd, runner-up 31st and so on (playoff teams in italics).

1. St. Louis (1-15)

2. Detroit (2-14)

3. Tampa Bay (3-13)

4. Washington (4-12)

5. Kansas City (4-12)

6. Seattle (5-11)

7. Cleveland (5-11)

8. Oakland (5-11)

9. Buffalo (6-10)

10. Jacksonville (7-9)*

11. Denver (8-8) -- From Chicago (7-9)*

12. Miami (7-9)

13. San Francisco (8-8)

14. Seattle (5-11) -- From Denver (8-8)

15. New York Giants (8-8)

16. Tennessee (8-8)*

17. San Francisco (8-8) -- From Carolina (8-8)*

18. Pittsburgh (9-7)

19. Atlanta (9-7)*

20. Houston (9-7)*

21. New York Jets (9-7)

22. Baltimore (9-7)

23. Arizona (10-6)

24. Cincinnati (10-6)

25. New England (10-6)

26. Green Bay (11-5)

27. Philadelphia (11-5)

28. Dallas (11-5)

29. Minnesota (12-4)

30. San Diego (12-4)

31. New Orleans (13-3)

32. Indianapolis (14-2)

*Will be decided by coin flip

there are going to a lot of people saying that we could have been 6th or 5th or 4th if we would have lost one more game. however the tie breaker for seeding is opponent's winning percentage. these are the top 7 team's percentages:

1. St. Louis Rams 1-14 .520

2. Detroit Lions 2-13 .523

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3-13 .555

4. Washington Redskins 4-12 .492

5. Kansas City Chiefs 4-12 .516

6. Seattle Seahawks 5-11 .477

7. Cleveland Browns .512

if the browns woudl have only won 4 games, they woudl have only moved up one spot and picked sixth. if they would have have won only three games then they would only be number 4 or possibly 3 because of the win percentage. i don't know what the brown's opponent's winning percentage would be in they had lost two more games. so in order to move up to 3rd they would have had to lose 2 more games. suh won't be there at 3 and probably won't be there at 2. the only thing we are missing out on is paying a rookie more money. i like our position. hopefully eric berry will there there at 7 but maybe not. the good news is that other than kick returner and center (we could still use another tackle), any other position we draft will help our team drastically.

Great point AND I'm sick of hearing people say they wish we would have lost for draft position. F that. I'm sick of worrying about draft slot. Give me WINS!

The only thing I was rooting for yesterday was Seattle to win their game - and they almost did. Had a late lead and then were driving on the Tennessee 23 yd line before stalling. OIf they had won, we would've drafted 6th.

It is good we did not get a top 5 pick. A team has to pay a top 5 pick so much that if they happen to get it wrong it can set you back another couple years. You can still find just as big of an impact player at 7 as you can 3,4, or 5. With a team with so many needs I am so estatic we did not get a top 5 pick now we will have more money to try and fill all of our needs.

there are going to a lot of people saying that we could have been 6th or 5th or 4th if we would have lost one more game. however the tie breaker for seeding is opponent's winning percentage. these are the top 7 team's percentages:

1. St. Louis Rams 1-14 .520

2. Detroit Lions 2-13 .523

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3-13 .555

4. Washington Redskins 4-12 .492

5. Kansas City Chiefs 4-12 .516

6. Seattle Seahawks 5-11 .477

7. Cleveland Browns .512

if the browns woudl have only won 4 games, they woudl have only moved up one spot and picked sixth. if they would have have won only three games then they would only be number 4 or possibly 3 because of the win percentage. i don't know what the brown's opponent's winning percentage would be in they had lost two more games. so in order to move up to 3rd they would have had to lose 2 more games. suh won't be there at 3 and probably won't be there at 2. the only thing we are missing out on is paying a rookie more money. i like our position. hopefully eric berry will there there at 7 but maybe not. the good news is that other than kick returner and center (we could still use another tackle), any other position we draft will help our team drastically.

I like your post except for one thing. I would take Taylor Mays over Eric Berry. Mays is taller, 6'3", and weights 238 lbs. He is just as fast, if not faster. He would be a much better run support while being big enough to jump with those tall receivers that are all the rage. As a senior, he is a more polished player than Berry, a junior.

I like your post except for one thing. I would take Taylor Mays over Eric Berry. Mays is taller, 6'3", and weights 238 lbs. He is just as fast, if not faster. He would be a much better run support while being big enough to jump with those tall receivers that are all the rage. As a senior, he is a more polished player than Berry, a junior.

your wish may be granted because Berry is unlikely to be there at #7.

yeah but mays has injury problems and didn't have that great of a senior year. great talent but injury prone safety from usc. found familiar?

The only thing I was rooting for yesterday was Seattle to win their game - and they almost did. Had a late lead and then were driving on the Tennessee 23 yd line before stalling. OIf they had won, we would've drafted 6th.

I'm pretty sure that is Seattle won then we still would of drafted 7th because the head to head tie-breaker with the Raiders would've been decided by our win. But since it was a three way tie it came down to SOS.

The Raiders were the ones really rooting for Seattle yesterday. They would've moved from 8 to 6.

I really think that Mays may be the type playmaker we need. Keep in mind that Adrian Peterson (although I'm VERY happy with Joe Thomas) had injury questions....He hasn't been too shabby a pick for the Vikings.

It will be fun seeing what happens in this year's draft.

Mike

It doesn't really matter what could have been,,,we draft 7th...that is all that matters.

As for Mays, I think you might be able to get him at the top of the second....though a stretch....I doubt he goes before pick 25-30.

I'm pretty sure that is Seattle won then we still would of drafted 7th because the head to head tie-breaker with the Raiders would've been decided by our win. But since it was a three way tie it came down to SOS.

The Raiders were the ones really rooting for Seattle yesterday. They would've moved from 8 to 6.

That's not true. Head to Head does not come into play, at all, when considering draft position.

Maybe, I know that almost every scouting report I have seen has Berry as the superior talent, though of course who can tell about that. Undrafted free agents have mad the Hall of Fame. If Berry isn't there, Mays may be a worthy choice.

Archived