THE BROWNS BOARD

For Those Who Wanted Mark Sanchez

ClevelandFanForLife

I have been saying for a long time that Mark Sanchez is a bum and won't be a franchise QB. I know that a lot of people were upset when we didn't take him but I am thrilled we didn't. His arm strength is about the same as Quinn's and he's about as accurate. here is the comparison of the two QB's this season.

Brady Quinn, QB CLE attempts-256 completions-136 53.1 Yards-1339 Yards/attempt-5.23 Long-59 TDs-8 INTs-7 Sacks-19 Rating-67.2 Yards/game-134

Mark Sanchez, QB NYJ attempts-364 completions-196 53.8 Yards-2444 Yards/attempt-6.71 Long-65 TDs-12 INTs-20 Sacks-26 Rating-63.0 Yards/game-163

You have to take into account that Quinn started 10 games or his numbers would be higher but look at the difference in TDs and INTs. Quinn at least had more TDs thank picks. Sure his TDs are down but at least he isn't 8 under. "Sanchise" isn't worth the money he got or the spot he was taken in and I am thrilled we didn't get him. He did nothing to win his team games this year is only in the playoffs because of Thomas Jones and a stellar defense.

I have been saying for a long time that Mark Sanchez is a bum and won't be a franchise QB. I know that a lot of people were upset when we didn't take him but I am thrilled we didn't. His arm strength is about the same as Quinn's and he's about as accurate. here is the comparison of the two QB's this season.

Brady Quinn, QB CLE attempts-256 completions-136 53.1 Yards-1339 Yards/attempt-5.23 Long-59 TDs-8 INTs-7 Sacks-19 Rating-67.2 Yards/game-134

Mark Sanchez, QB NYJ attempts-364 completions-196 53.8 Yards-2444 Yards/attempt-6.71 Long-65 TDs-12 INTs-20 Sacks-26 Rating-63.0 Yards/game-163

You have to take into account that Quinn started 10 games or his numbers would be higher but look at the difference in TDs and INTs. Quinn at least had more TDs thank picks. Sure his TDs are down but at least he isn't 8 under. "Sanchise" isn't worth the money he got or the spot he was taken in and I am thrilled we didn't get him. He did nothing to win his team games this year is only in the playoffs because of Thomas Jones and a stellar defense.

I think your wrong about sanchez he will be a very good nfl qb but im glad we took mack instead..as for bq its hard to judge when the qb only gets 20 or less attemps per game and they are staggered not allowing a rhythm or timing to develop and being thrown to rookies running some bad routes..hopefully we will get to find out what he can do with an offense designed to throw instead of run ,run ,run ,run ,run...field goal...;)

I think your wrong about sanchez he will be a very good nfl qb but im glad we took mack instead..as for bq its hard to judge when the qb only gets 20 or less attemps per game and they are staggered not allowing a rhythm or timing to develop and being thrown to rookies running some bad routes..hopefully we will get to find out what he can do with an offense designed to throw instead of run ,run ,run ,run ,run...field goal...;)

yeah but 20 ints and 12 tds? he will be nothing in the pros.

yeah but 20 ints and 12 tds? he will be nothing in the pros.

Im sorry but that is a terrible argument. John Elway threw 14 ints and 7 tds in his rookie season. Man he wasn't anything special in the pros.

But I do think that Sanchez has the odds against him, seeing as he was inexperienced in college and its been proven that senior qbs who start 2-3 seasons are more successful than underclassmen who come out early

Im sorry but that is a terrible argument. John Elway threw 14 ints and 7 tds in his rookie season. Man he wasn't anything special in the pros.

But I do think that Sanchez has the odds against him, seeing as he was inexperienced in college and its been proven that senior qbs who start 2-3 seasons are more successful than underclassmen who come out early

yeah but elway had an arm. sanchez's is nothing compared to elways. also, elway had accuracy. he needed to work on his judgment and decision making.

Sanchez also threw more than half his int's after Braylon came aboard. While Quinn threw 2 after Braylon left. Coincidence?

The best thing Sanchez can do to get his rating up is get Braylon cut from the team...

Archived